Petr Cech to undergo a surgery (after this season)

Milan

Just saw this bit of news in our press, confirmed by the doc.

Petr has been having long-term problems with his elbow so Chelsea FC asked our national team not to call him for friendly games planned for this year. We agreed so Petr will not feature in the Tuesday's game and in following international friendly matches. And after the season, Petr will undergo a surgery.

Petr said - 'My arm is injured, it's been some time now. I will miss the following game so I can recover more quickly.'

His doc said - 'There's a little ossification in his elbow, after this season he will undergo a surgery in England. He can't fully stretch out his arm. If he does so, it hurts. However, there is nothing that could make the conditition of his elbow worse. Is the surgery urgent? Only in case the soreness is much worse or the elbow would be blocked somehow.'

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is he can't fully stretch out his arm. If he does so, he is in pain. I know he is a pro but might this be the reason why, sometimes, he just stands and doesn't 'go' for the ball? Last season there a few goals like this - of course, some beautifl shots but there were some questions on here. He's been in pain for months.

In the end of the season? so it will not affect chelsea.

Sure it does. If he's constantly in pain while playing, it is bound to affect his game at some level when he can't always give his 100% performance because he's scared of hurting himself. Also, depending on how major the surgery will be, it could easily affect our preparation for the next season.

I don't think Cech has got that long left sadly.

Mix in Courtois words, Petr's injury problems and the fact he was born in triplets (which if im not mistaken makes your body weaker) i think we might be seeing a case of early retirement.

Also if the club genuinely thought Cech could do a Van Der Sar then signing Courtois would have been pointless unless it's a profit making exercise.