Oscar

themightyblue

Even if he beat Shurrle to the 5th goal and scored his hat-trick, his overall contribution would have been poor.

2 goals didn't count as 'contribution'? would people seriously think it will be better to see Oscar 'playing well' rather than scoring or giving assist?

It is like I'm biasing and said Costa overall contribution has been poor, I prefer him to dribble and create chances more than seeing him scoring goals.

would people seriously think it will be better to see Oscar 'playing well' rather than scoring or giving assist?

No-one said that.

Your point was 'something to complain about'. No-one's complaining he scored.. But you have to look at the bigger picture.

doesn't matter, not good enough for the amazing Chelsea fans on this forum.

Also, he linked up and pre-assisted (as people love to give Eden credit for this) our third goal. He had two more shots that were nearly goals, he linked up with Cesc and Hazard pretty well, he pressed amazingly, but to the hell with all this. They want Hazards in every damned position of the pitch, which makes me sad because it means they don't actually realize how blessed we are for having Hazard because players like him are hard to find. But you know... Oscar sucks. I guess he had been involved directly in 8 goals in the last 9 games he played, but that's not bloody enough for TC members.

I don't give a buck about what they think though

edit: also according to Squawka, shitty Oscar had a 87% pass completion (misplacing an incredible amount of five passes the whole second half) and created one key pass in the second half, but some people insist on saying he was sloppy in the second half. I should stop coming to this thread. I spent a long time avoiding Eden's thread, I think it's now time to avoid this one.

Weren't you one of the biggest criticizers of Oscar before and didn't you also say you were done with him? Or am I confusing you with somebody..

No-one said that.

Your point was 'something to complain about'. No-one's complaining he scored.. But you have to look at the bigger picture.

Okay, but maybe it is just me then who wanted to look on the positive side. Oscar scoring has enough to cover all of his 'negative' things (if there any) he did on the rest of his game, as 2 goals was a big contribution in my opinion.

It's as if someone has did 90% and people closed their eyes on that, and rather bitching about 10% he did not do. Yup, it's up to each other perspective I guess

Weren't you one of the biggest criticizers of Oscar before and didn't you also say you were done with him? Or am I confusing you with somebody..

You're confusing me... I've defended him way too many times, although I admitted being disappointed many others.

Barbara is Oscar good looking for you?

not really. He looks like a teddy bear, meaning he's cute - but not cute as in good looking, just cute as baby are cute.

He's okay... not my type at all. I'd rather Willian physically tbh... or Marta as they're the same person and I can't decide who's the real one.

not really. He looks like a teddy bear, meaning he's cute - but not cute as in good looking, just cute as baby are cute.

He's okay... not my type at all. I'd rather Willian physically tbh... or Marta as they're the same person and I can't decide who's the real one.

Do you dig Willian's snuggly hair?

I think his hair suits him... and he's hot and cute (cute as in good looking, not the baby-cute Oscar is).

I'd date his doppelganger ;)

What does an average Brazilian fan think of Oscar? In terms of the national team.

What does an average Brazilian fan think of Oscar? In terms of the national team.

Most people I know really like him, but I do know some that think the same as some fans here and think he's a farce.

He's well loved as far as I can tell.

Who are Eddie and Cris in your profile description?

Eden and Cristiano Ronaldo

I could see where this conversation will ended :Goober:

Well, so help me, cause I haven't figured out yet. It feels like my hot seat II :P

At the moment is past midnight here and 31 degrees, my brain has been burned

Eden and Cristiano Ronaldo

Well, so help me, cause I haven't figured out yet. It feels like my hot seat II :P

At the moment is past midnight here and 31 degrees, my brain has been burned

Do you think Oscar may become the next Kaka? Kaka was sensational during his peak, do you think Oscar has that in him? Do you think Kaka is handsome?

I'm hoping a drought-breaking goal against Newcastle will give Oscar some added confidence, and he definitely thrives on this. I think his uncharacteristically animated celebration after scoring shows just how much he needed a goal to end a tough period of illness and poor performances.

Well I'd like to think my hope/prediction here turned out to be pretty close to the mark. If he hadn't scored against Newcastle he probably wouldn't have scored either of those goals against Swansea, especially the second one. Shows just how much some added confidence does for him. So happy!

Here's my humble contribution to the thread, nonetheless: Excellent classy finishes on both of the goals and a great performance overall. My motm because he was our best "presser" which for me is what won us the match so easily and helped us dominate.

Totally agreed, not only did his relentless pressure and hounding create the Swansea mistake that led to Diego's second goal (our third), but throughout the entire game his pressing was superb.

Along with this, I also feel that he deserves MotM because he put in when it mattered most. Yes, his second half wasn't at the level of his first half, but that's pretty academic when your team is winning 4-0 at HT. When the game was up for grabs in the first half, he was the one who stood up and was involved in literally every forward movement as well as making some key tackles and interceptions. Not to mention two magnificent goals!

Do you think Oscar may become the next Kaka? Kaka was sensational during his peak, do you think Oscar has that in him? Do you think Kaka is handsome?

I've never liked Kaka as a footballer, I think he's one of the most overrated players ever. Not my style of player and I hope Oscar develops into something else (although Kaká was very decisive before his many injuries. I know Oscar said many times Kaká is his idol and he hopes to be like him...

Kaka is the antithesis of what I find attractive in a man. He looks so dumb and slow (his face, because he's actually very smart and well educated), I feel like every time he smiles he'll start drooling. Ugh... please, no more Kaká pictures in my head.

Why so many questions though? (not that I mind, I don't, but people reading the thread might)