Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Is it just me or is Danny a bit selfish at times? Maybe it's due to inexperience but he could've set up a couple easy goals this year.

Lol, he's very selfish. You are right though, with more experience he will make the right calls with cutting inside and passing to a player in a better scoring range.

You guys dont understand. Sturridge is just playing with everyone. First he would never go to his right and go exclusively to the right. He was very stubborn too. But now when everyone is expecting him to go to left, he's going to his right every time. Now when everyone expects him to be greedy and take a shot going left or right, he'll start passing exclusively lol. Then defenders wouldn't know what the fuck to do.

Anyways, in all seriousness, his growth has been staggering till date and with a bit more experience he'll have a complete game.

His natural instinct is the try to score, so it's understandable that he hesitates with the pass. Also it is important to remember that he has only had a season of consistent first-team football. Before this all he was getting was substitute appearances and reserve team football. He will learn!

He is very selfish but he can easily improve on that. The fact that he is now checking onto his right foot just gives defenders another problem lol as if they need more problems with this boys pace and skill. I think he is much better then the other young forwards around his age like Pato and Benzema. Javier Hernandez requires too much of the teams resources to even compare him to Sturridge. The England national team would be stupid not to take him to Euro 2012 because he is much better then Downing.

He is very selfish but he can easily improve on that. The fact that he is now checking onto his right foot just gives defenders another problem lol as if they need more problems with this boys pace and skill. I think he is much better then the other young forwards around his age like Pato and Benzema. Javier Hernandez requires too much of the teams resources to even compare him to Sturridge. The England national team would be stupid not to take him to Euro 2012 because he is much better then Downing.

Better than (you even added much) Pato and Benzema, really? You sure that's not the bias talking?

The only young forward thinking player who i think would probably be debatable with Studge at the moment is Neymar. The only reason is because Neymar can offer a dangerous impact through the middle or on the outside just like Danny, Pato and Benzema are still only fundamentally through the middle. Benzema is a bit useless to be honest, he has a good touch and strength but he is a bit too much of a liability in certain area's such as being a constant threat. You always feel he could control the ball and score but there is nothing else other then the odd dribble after that, he's too one dimensional. Pato is superb at doing a Micheal Owen, meaning making a run at the right times but his physical and mental fitness is terrible. Pato will be finished very soon trust me and the sad thing is he is only 22 ! I can't see him being a decent player at the age of 28 years he will slowly fade out, to be honest with you though football is not really that much of a big deal for him.

The only young forward thinking player who i think would probably be debatable with Studge at the moment is Neymar. The only reason is because Neymar can offer a dangerous impact through the middle or on the outside just like Danny, Pato and Benzema are still only fundamentally through the middle. Benzema is a bit useless to be honest, he has a good touch and strength but he is a bit too much of a liability in certain area's such as being a constant threat. You always feel he could control the ball and score but there is nothing else other then the odd dribble after that, he's too one dimensional. Pato is superb at doing a Micheal Owen, meaning making a run at the right times but his physical and mental fitness is terrible. Pato will be finished very soon trust me and the sad thing is he is only 22 ! I can't see him being a decent player at the age of 28 years he will slowly fade out, to be honest with you though football is not really that much of a big deal for him.

Woww. Starting a discussion would be useless so I'll leave it at that.

Striker in being selfish shocker! He's been constantly told to go for goal in those sort of positions since he's started playing football ffs.

Torres would probably be a better player if he had the same sort of mentality. Oh and for those complaining about his lack of a right foot he's taken about 5 or 6 shots with his weaker foot in the past few weeks, nearly scored with one of those shots too.

As the season goes on I'm sure his decision making in the final third will improve like it does with all other inexperienced players. We should just be happy he has the talent to get into those sort of situations. If you think he's greedy go watch the Leverkusen away game where he single-handedly created pretty much every chance we had that night.

One massive improvement I've noticed in the past few weeks is his work rate has tremendously improved which is also a HUGE plus. My only criticism of Sturridge is the lack of aggression in his game at the moment. I've seen him shying away from too many 50-50s and "lost causes" this season.

City should never have let Daniel Sturridge go, says Roberto Mancini

"I know Sturridge well, I have watched him many times," Mancini says. "It was strange because he started out in Manchester and someone let him out of the club for nothing. Given the chance I think I would have liked to have kept him, but now he is at Chelsea we can do nothing. I know for sure he was one of the best young players that was here. I asked him last year when he played for Bolton why he left Manchester City and he said he didn't know."

The usual suspects, money and restricted first-team opportunities, were partly to blame, though once at Chelsea the now 22-year-old Sturridge had to come back north on loan to pick up playing time with Bolton. Mancini would have preferred to send him out on loan from City and have him back as a first-team player by now. "It was not difficult to see that Sturridge was going to be a good player," Mancini says diplomatically.

"If Sturridge was here today he would be playing in our first team," Mancini says. "This season he can arrive in the national team too. I understand the situation with young players, it is difficult for them to improve if they don't get the games they need, but it is better to send them on loan rather than lose them altogether." In fact City did make a modest amount of money on Sturridge. As he was both under 24 and out of contract in 2009 a tribunal awarded City £3.5m, rising to £5.5m depending on appearances, and Chelsea will have to forfeit 15% of any future sell-on fee.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/10/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-daniel-sturridge?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

Lol.. Sparky knew what he was doing :)

Edited by RZA

I don't think he'd even play :lol:

He would play over Adam Johnson.

I was behind Carlo last season still wanted him to get another season but he is looking more of a fool to this day for overlooking this guy, what was he thinking :doh:

If he played Danny as soon as Malouda and Anelka lost form he might still be in a job.