Goal Line Technology

DDA

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dono about this.....As a Chelsea and England fan I've certainly felt my heart burn over unfair decisions, but I love how emotional football really is...

We're gona be just like almost every other sport (video technology)..and I don't really know what to think abt this.

I guess we can't avoid change.

Awesome.

It will be also awesome if coaches can have 1 call per half to review a suspicious play.

That way it won't take out all the fun of the game, as the coaches will have to be wise about using their one and only call per half.

Awesome.

It will be awesome if coaches can have 1 call per half to review a suspicious play.

That way it won't take out all the fun of the game, as the coaches will have to be wise about using their one and only call per half.

lol... it's not Tennis. if the ref will make the right decision with that technology, it's enough.

Awesome.

It will be also awesome if coaches can have 1 call per half to review a suspicious play.

It's not as if there is a goal disallowed in every half of every game lol.

Awesome.

It's not the NFL. The NFL has lots of stops and starts, so it's fine. Football doesn't so it doesn't work at all. I am fine with this as long as they don't extend it. Bad offside decisions effect goals much more frequently than bad goal-line calls, but I just don't want to see every single off-side call reviewed. It would be so dull.

lol... it's not Tennis. if the ref will make the right decision with that technology, it's enough.

It's not as if there is a goal disallowed in every half of every game lol.

It's not the NFL. The NFL has lots of stops and starts, so it's fine. Football doesn't so it doesn't work at all. I am fine with this as long as they don't extend it. Bad offside decisions effect goals much more frequently than bad goal-line calls, but I just don't want to see every single off-side call reviewed. It would be so dull.

Do you people even read what I wrote??????

Now tell me, where in the world do you see that I mention to stop every wrong decision to review?

I just want at least one call to be review per half!

Geez men, learn to read before answering!!!!!

Now tell me, where in the world do you see that I mention to stop every wrong decision to review?

WTF.. umadbro?

We didn't say that you had said to stop for every wrong decision made. LEARN TO READ YOURSELF! Donut!

WTF.. umadbro?

We didn't say that you had said to stop for every wrong decision made. LEARN TO READ YOURSELF! Donut!

You Donut you fail to read again:

It will be also awesome

Meaning that on top of the automatic goal line decision, each manager get to have one call for video review per half to review any suspicions play. Like penalty and diving.

all i ask is that its a quick process so it dont slow the game down to much

Usually what slows down the game more is the players and coach complaining.

That takes like 30 sec to a min of the game.

This should not take more then 30 secs to come with a decision.

One call per half would slow the game down enormously. The referee has to go over to the bench, find out exactly what the play in question was, go to a monitor and review it or call someone in a booth and have them review it, wait around as they watch about 50 replays to get it right and then explain the decision to both managers and then re-start the game. It would take at least a minute of standing around and looking at replays every half. Nobody wants that. The goal-line thing will be very quick and very rare. Also, for many situations where you'd want to challenge, you can reverse it only one way which is unfair. For example, if offside is not called and a goal is disputed and they can go back and overturn the goal but what about when offside is called incorrectly. You can't say "OK, so you go back to be running behind the defender with the ball, and this defender has to be 15 feet to the left with his body turned". Once the whistle goes, the play is over. You can't use replays to take away goals but not to give them.Also, what id someone challenges a play that led to a goal being scored 7 minutes later. The NFL is a series of individual plays so you can challenge them. Football is different, one play flows into another.

Lol...

Blatter:

For me as Fifa president it became evident the moment what happened in South Africa in 2010," he continued.

"I have to say 'thank you Lampard'; I was completely down in South Africa when I saw that. It really shocked me, it took me a day to react.

"It happened again in Ukraine, and Ukraine can still not believe it now."