The Australian Discussion Thread featuring 7 years

capriccioso

I had relatives that died in WW1 and 2, in fact somewhere I have his war helmet..... sounds disgusting but I am not lying... also have his paybook and medals. Ebay time?

No, would you want your relatives to pawn your things after death? Either donate it to a museum or keep it in the family.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had relatives that died in WW1 and 2, in fact somewhere I have his war helmet..... sounds disgusting but I am not lying... also have his paybook and medals. Ebay time?

Why would you sell that? It would revolt me to sell any personal artefact belonging to an ancestor unless I had to do it to survive, in which case I would still regret it all my life.

No, would you want your relatives to pawn your things after death? Either donate it to a museum or keep it in the family.

Why would you sell that? It would revolt me to sell any personal artefact belonging to an ancestor unless I had to do it to survive, in which case I would still regret it all my life.

I was joking, was going to put the troll face but Spike would hate me for like 00000.30 seconds. :(

But there are many alternatives available to the plain old :Goober:

Such as :P

Or more impressively, kalouuushirtsmilie.png

I believe if I use the Kalou one he will hate it even more hahahaha just because you bang on about how you love Kalou :(

Get twitter and tweet to Kalou btw.

I've created a new Aussie meme; featuring Pauline "Female David Duke of Australia" Hanson, and her famous quip, 'Please Explain':

f777e8bb0b6c73d1a7f8fcb54e0e4d45.png

I cant believe you guys have never had Irn Bru... well Spike anyway. Don't know about you Cap but it is still shocking!!! Get to the supermarket and buy some!

Never had it either, and as Spike said, never heard of it/seen it. I thought they were some kind of conglomerate in Scotland that sponsored the second division.

I've created a new Aussie meme; featuring Pauline "Female David Duke of Australia" Hanson, and her famous quip, 'Please Explain':

That's not a meme. Meme's aren't created they evolve through Darwinism, yes you read that right Darwinism. Those that aren't funny die off (like yours) but those who are stronger and funnier, evolve and transform sometimes into others memes and sometimes they get added to other memes.

Read the Greatest Show on Earth.

And for those who've never heard of Pauline Hanson:

Pauline Lee Hanson (née Seccombe; born 27 May 1954[1]) is an Australian politician and former leader of Pauline Hanson's One Nation, a political party with a populist and anti-multiculturalism platform. In 2006, she was named by The Bulletin as one of the 100 most influential Australians of all time.[2]

Hanson was raised in Woolloongabba, an inner city suburb of Brisbane. Her grandfather was an immigrant from England in 1908. Her father owned atake-away fish and chip shop. Hanson left school at the age of fifteen after completing Year 10 and worked in a variety of unskilled clerical and service jobs. She accumulated several rental properties, becoming independently wealthy. She married twice and has four children. Before entering politics, she owned a fish and chip shop in Ipswich, a city near Brisbane.

And here is an excerpt of her first ever address to the Australian House of Representatives:

Immigration and multiculturalism are issues that this government is trying to address, but for far too long ordinary Australians have been kept out of any debate by the major parties. I and most Australians want our immigration policy radically reviewed and that of multiculturalism abolished. I believe we are in danger of being swamped by Asians. Between 1984 and 1995, 40% of all migrants coming into this country were of Asian origin. They have their own culture and religion, form ghettos and do not assimilate. Of course, I will be called racist but, if I can invite whom I want into my home, then I should have the right to have a say in who comes into my country. A truly multicultural country can never be strong or united. The world is full of failed and tragic examples, ranging from Ireland to Bosnia to Africa and, closer to home, Papua New Guinea. America and Great Britain are currently paying the price. Arthur Calwell was a great Australian and Labor leader, and it is a pity that there are not men of his stature sitting on the opposition benches today. Arthur Calwell said: Japan, India, Burma, Ceylon and every new African nation are fiercely anti-white and anti one another. Do we want or need any of these people here? I am one red-blooded Australian who says no and who speaks for 90% of Australians. I have no hesitation in echoing the words of Arthur Calwell.

[edit]

That's not a meme. Meme's aren't created they evolve through Darwinism, yes you read that right Darwinism. Those that aren't funny die off (like yours) but those who are stronger and funnier, evolve and transform sometimes into others memes and sometimes they get added to other memes.

Read the Greatest Show on Earth.

You're just jealous that it didn't occur to you first.

You're just jealous that it didn't occur to you first.

And you have no idea what a meme is. Please explain it to me before you use google search. Please tell me who invented the concept of a meme, it should be easy I've already told you.

Never had it either, and as Spike said, never heard of it/seen it. I thought they were some kind of conglomerate in Scotland that sponsored the second division.

IT IS THE BEST FIZZY DRINK EVER. BETTER THAN COKE ETC. HOW COME EVERYONE BUT AUSTRALIA HAS HAD IT ?!!?