Who should have won the FIFA Ballon D'or?

Spike

TORRES DESERVES TO WIN IT!

YEAH HE'S A STRIKER, BUT SO WHAT!? HE DOESN'T NEED TO SCORE GOALS!

HIS MOVEMENT IN THE BOX IS ENOUGH!

HE HELPED US WIN THE FA CUP AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

HE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR THIS CLUB! WHAT A LEGEND!

I'M GOING TO CHANGE MY AVATAR TO HIM NOW AS THERE'S NO ONE MORE DESERVING OF HAVING SUCH ADMIRATION FROM OUR FANS! <3.

:Goober:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Ronaldo is getting all of the hype to win it this year. While he did have a terrific individual season and his Madrid side did topple Barcelona in the league, I still think he needs a strong Euro 2012 to really cement himself as the best player in the world in 2012, Madrid's failure in the Champions League will count against him.

Players who should have won it? Thierry Henry probably should have won it, Im amazed that Xavi hasn't won it, if anyone deserves that award it is Xavi. Had Chelsea had a stronger Champions League campaign in our double winning season under Ancelotti I think Drogba might have been in with a shout of winning it.

2010 shoulda been Milito indeed, everything he touched that season turned to gold.

Iniesta will get it soon, he's an incredible talent, i don't think i've ever seen someone come through a clubs ranks and be so good. He's 28 now, he's due. I'd say

2010 - Milito

2011 - Messi

2012 - Ronaldo (although Messi's stats are ridiculous)

2013 - Iniesta

2014 - Torres

2015 - Hazard

2010 shoulda been Milito indeed, everything he touched that season turned to gold.

Iniesta will get it soon, he's an incredible talent, i don't think i've ever seen someone come through a clubs ranks and be so good. He's 28 now, he's due. I'd say

2010 - Milito

2011 - Messi

2012 - Ronaldo (although Messi's stats are ridiculous)

2013 - Iniesta

2014 - Torres

2015 - Hazard

let's just hope hazard and torres will still be at chelsea when they win it :)

• 2 weeks later...

For 2012, if Italy win the Euros, then Pirlo deserves it. Even if they don't win it his unmatchable contribution in Juve's unbeaten season and his performances in the Euros certainly merit genuine contention.

1)Pirlo

2)Ronaldo

3)Messi

Not expecting it though because it often boils down to other trifling things.

Ever since FIFA World Player of the Year and FFF's Ballon D'or were merged FIFA Ballon D'or has been awarded to the best individual player. Some take it seriously some think it's a wank. Little Messi has been FIFA's golden child for a while now and I think he shouldn't have won all three awards.

The last ten winners looks like this:

2011 Lionel Messi

2010 Lionel Messi

2009 Lionel Messi

2008 Cristiano Ronaldo

2007 Kaka

2006 Fabio Cannavaro

2005 Ronaldinho

2004 Andriy Shevchenko

2003 Pavel Nedved

2002 Ronaldo

In 2009 I think Lionel Messi was hands down the world's best player he was instrumental in Barcelona's sextuplet. However I don't believe he was the best player in 2010 or 2011. Sure he recorded and astronomical amount of goals and assists but I don't think he was the most important or instrumental player.

In 2010 Wesley Sneijder basically carried the Netherlands to the World Cup final where the lost to Spain and was one of the main forces behind Inter Milan's and Italian footballs first ever Treble. Diego Milito is also a good shout for that year because he was even more instrumental in Inter Milan's success scoring 22 goals in the league, the winning goal for the Coppa Italia and the two goals in Inter Milan's Champions League triumph over Bayern Munich. Winner Diego Milito. Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba also deserve a shout for this year.

The 2011 winner should definitly been Xavi. He hit his best form this year scoring more goals then he has ever and assisting quite a few also. He dictated play better than ever (when Cesc wasn't on the pitch) and I just don't think Barca could have survived without him. They look so much more vulnerable when Xavi isn't playing, they give up possession more and look more vulnerable on the counter. David Villa would be second for me. With Messi pushing him to the wing he sitll managed to score 20+ goals and a lot of important ones too.

My winners:

2011 Xavi

2010 Diego Milito

2009 Lionel Messi

Who do think will win in 2012?

Ridiculous logic which i just cant agree with. 2010 is a bit meh for me but otherwise lionel messi wins them all. 2012 it's either going to be ronaldo or messi, lets be realistic here.

2006 John Terry

2005 Frank Lampard

Ronaldinho was better than Lampard; and that's saying something considering just he was that year.

And it's wishful thinking to think Terry or a defender in general would win it. Unless their name is Fabio Cannavaro.