David Luiz

the wes

Clearly he's been an excellent addition on the pitch, but I'm thinking he has just as much value off of it, for the morale and togetherness of the team, he seems a likeable, and fun-loving chap. You need characters like that around when you're in an intense title chase. So glad we have the Geezer back and I as much as many others are eating a slice of humble pie. Next captain.

Crazy to think that Brazil continue to exclude him from the squad. Must be a non-related football issue. Brazil rarely seem to pick players on merit anyway. Him being left behind is our blessing ^_^

He is the type of player that needs his manager to be truly invested in him, well coached he is one of the best CB's around. Conte and Rafa worked hard on him and reaped the reward's, Jose and Carlo couldn't really be bothered and reverted to the "safer" option's of Cahill and Alex after a while and AVB and RDM aren't coaches that know defending to put it mildly.

8 hours ago, Stats said:

Crazy to think that Brazil continue to exclude him from the squad. Must be a non-related football issue. Brazil rarely seem to pick players on merit anyway. Him being left behind is our blessing ^_^

Tite leaves Fabinho out of the squad as well, really odd. 

I don't mind though. He's probably been the best Brazilian CB in the world this season, but his knee is still quite banged up so I'll take the rest over some internationals they don't really need him in. 

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

He is the type of player that needs his manager to be truly invested in him, well coached he is one of the best CB's around. Conte and Rafa worked hard on him and reaped the reward's, Jose and Carlo couldn't really be bothered and reverted to the "safer" option's of Cahill and Alex after a while and AVB and RDM aren't coaches that know defending to put it mildly.

Spot on. Luiz was awesome under Rafa as well. 

Always loived the old boy and glad he came back. Must be a useful presence in the dressing room

Video: Chelsea star David Luiz does a brilliant Antonio Conte impression

18 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Always loived the old boy and glad he came back. Must be a useful presence in the dressing room

Video: Chelsea star David Luiz does a brilliant Antonio Conte impression

Fabulous video that, you can sense the players enjoy it and enjoy him.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Fabulous video that, you can sense the players enjoy it and enjoy him.

I remember a vid of him when he 1st joined us and liked him ever since. He came across really like a nice guy who would do all he could for anyone. And very humble.

The Don said he could turn him into one of the best CBs going and many of our supporters gave a titter and tho he might not be the best I'm more than happy that we got him. Lets see if he gets a strong guy to his left it will make any difference.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I remember a vid of him when he 1st joined us and liked him ever since. He came across really like a nice guy who would do all he could for anyone. And very humble.

The Don said he could turn him into one of the best CBs going and many of our supporters gave a titter and tho he might not be the best I'm more than happy that we got him. Lets see if he gets a strong guy to his left it will make any difference.

Oooooh. I still remember that as well. Everyone went mental when Conte said that a while back and everybody laughed at him and Luiz.

And look at Conte, Luiz and us now. Tu-hu! 

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I thought he had a poor game today. Not playing as consisently well as he did earlier this season. Hopefully he is ready for the Man City challenge.

He was MOTM against Stoke just before the international break imo. Don't forget. 

Probably his worst game this season though. He'll pick it up, he usually does well in big games. 

Yeah Benteke showed Luiz's weakness, tho the whole team defended like last season for the 2 goals yuk , if only we had a superfit Zouma , at least against city there will be no physical battle for him apart from the Aguero-Luiz feud.

• 2 weeks later...

He's been largely impressive this season but lately, he's been playing like the frustrating and error-prone Luiz we've come to know over the years. Why did he decide to drop in and play Rashford onside was beyond me. It's the same blunder he made against Hernandez 6 years ago at United.