David Luiz

the wes

4 hours ago, Stats said:

Go back and read the nature of your post and look how pathetic you sound. It is embarrassing. Minus the football comments, the rest of the post is out of order and OTT. Then you might see why I said you need growing up.

The nature of my post was proportional to the level of defending done by Luiz.

Surprised DL is the player we broke the precedent for. But no doubt the looming transfer ban is key to this decision. As it stands our CB options next season will be Luiz, Rüdiger, Christensen, Zouma and Ampadu... Not the worst mix we could have. Ampadu should probs go out on loan though, no room for 5 CBs. In 2 years time he could replace David's mop with his own after gaining some experience. :P 

28 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

The nature of my post was proportional to the level of defending done by Luiz.

Well he certainly made up for that after. Like I say, after that moment, he lead by example. 

57 minutes ago, Stats said:

Well he certainly made up for that after. Like I say, after that moment, he lead by example. 

And like I said, it did not matter how he lead after that moment.

That one moment completely changed the game. We dominated them the whole of 1st half and were looking comfortable. Frankfurt had barely troubled us. The goal changed the whole complexion of the tie/match. It changed the way Frankfurt would have had to approach the game if we were a goal ahead, leaving ample of spaces for Eden to exploit. It changed the morale and the confidence. Goals are the "be all and all" of football games.

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

And like I said, it did not matter how he lead after that moment.

That one moment completely changed the game. We dominated them the whole of 1st half and were looking comfortable. Frankfurt had barely troubled us. The goal changed the whole complexion of the tie/match. It changed the way Frankfurt would have had to approach the game if we were a goal ahead, leaving ample of spaces for Eden to exploit. It changed the morale and the confidence. Goals are the "be all and all" of football games.

It does matter. He made a vital goal-line clearance, which would have been a goal otherwise = he changed the game back to positive. He redeemed himself with that one and scoring his penalty.

57 minutes ago, manpe said:

It does matter. He made a vital goal-line clearance, which would have been a goal otherwise = he changed the game back to positive. He redeemed himself with that one and scoring his penalty.

The goal line clearance would not have been needed if he did not do his "I forgot I am a defender" bit, which is far more essential.

If you create a monster which kills millions and then you kill it, you don't become a hero. You are still the shit head who created that situation. Same thing applies to Luiz. 

It simply does not matter what Luiz did after his fuck up. If this was a once or twice a season event, then it's forgivable but it's not. It's happens in double digits easily. He repeatedly creates situations which sets us back in games and piles on the pressure. No matter how many goal line clearances he does after that stupid mistake, it won't matter cause the cast has already been set. The game has already been turneed on its head because of that one howler moment.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

L’Equipe reporting he’s agreed terms with Arsenal? Reportedly missed training? 

dafuq. read some 2nd rate sources on that too but did not pay it any attnetion. Thought it was BS. That is so out of character. He usually goes out of his way to state his love for the club and now he is basically dumping us for our ugly cousin out of nothing? Not that I would be too mad, his best days are behind him but I really had a different picture of him. Why would he do this? He is one of the first names on our teamsheet (for better of for worse) and even Arsenal fans would admit right now that they are a downgrade.

I'd actually see this as a bit of a blessing in disguise if we weren't serving a transfer ban. I love David, but he's woeful defensively and a total liability every match. He's great on the ball and is a true leader, but is a ticking time bomb.

Sending him to Arse would be kind of funny. Their defense would be just as calamitous and it stops them buying a better CB.

But starting the season with only Zouma and AC as fit CB's? That's surely a no-go.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I'd actually see this as a bit of a blessing in disguise if we weren't serving a transfer ban. I love David, but he's woeful defensively and a total liability every match. He's great on the ball and is a true leader, but is a ticking time bomb.

Sending him to Arse would be kind of funny. Their defense would be just as calamitous and it stops them buying a better CB.

But starting the season with only Zouma and AC as fit CB's? That's surely a no-go.

We have tomori. Plus rudiger is like just a couple of weeks away. So we should be more than good.