David Luiz

the wes

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The ones who do not do good were always overrated IMHO.

If you are a great player, you are going to play well in almost any situ.

I have really low patience on hope. It is why I have been barking to get get rid of  Alonso, Morata, Willian, etc since before the summer started. They are/were disasters waiting to happen.

People have far too much hope they will come good.

I HATE status quo, hate normalcy bias.

I warned on Shitty, look at what is happening now, EXACTLY in the areas I specified.

I dont have coaching badges, I have never been officially involved with a club, but I am trained to a very high degree on how to analyse things. It is like breathing for me.

I'm the same at getting wasted. Comes natural to me. I normakll come nowhere near the comp on a sesh but sometimes ...........

Its now 6:30 I shall try to close my wired eyes! Night Mrs!

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I'm the same at getting wasted. Comes natural to me. I normakll come nowhere near the comp on a sesh but sometimes ...........

Its now 6:30 I shall try to close my wired eyes! Night Mrs!

nini sweetie!

Image result for sleepy time

On 1/2/2019 at 5:17 PM, !Hazard! said:

He's been fantastic recently and his distribution only seems to get better each game. The amount of low, hard and accurate vertical passes he makes is absurd for a CB and let's not even talk about his long balls. He fits into Sarriball like a glove shame he isn't getting any younger

He has. I've always thought DL would fit a possession side like a glove. I've been involved in numerous arguments about that over the years... many on this very thread. :)

It's a interesting way of thinking about defending, which can be a bit counter-intuitive. It applies to other players too who are considered "bad defenders" and yet work well in a possession system, because they can pass the ball well, even under pressure. You cannot be attacked and therefore don't have to chase and tackle the opponent as much if you keep the football most of the time.

And the weird part of it is that much superior defenders, at reading the game and tackling, would not work at all in possession systems. Godin from Atletico for ex, or even our great Carvalho. I remember Terry (when he still had legs) playing a high line under AVB... something to forget actually. Cahill at his peak would still be a terrible player in this system.

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Tried to post this video, but it wouldn't embed.  So, a tweet with the footage.

To be honest thats the kind of move that either goes your way when you are in form or ends in tears if you are not completely on top of your game. Luiz in his current form seems to get away with absolutely everything

58 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

To be honest thats the kind of move that either goes your way when you are in form or ends in tears if you are not completely on top of your game. Luiz in his current form seems to get away with absolutely everything

That's just who he is.  I remember a touch he took in the CL final in 2012.  It was a cross fizzed in and while facing goal, he took a touch with his thigh, to set the ball up, then cleared it with a volley.  He's got full confidence in his skills.  It's always been his marking that's an issue.  But, with the ball he's still immense.

For all his faults, he is massive character. He might have shit game, but you cant say he didnt try his best. So vocal and direct. He just has that old school mentality althrough his skill isnt always at best.

When his performances are on top though, he is just brilliant. He has been good passer always, but this season he is plain world class. Shame he loses concentration often, because in some games, he defends so rigorously, its a joy to watch.

When people were writing him off, I always hoped he stays for his character and supporting contribution to the team. We should give him a new deal, because our team is becoming numb, we need some strong character like Luiz.

One day we bash him to the ground, the next we can't praise him enough. :D  This thread has been this way since the beginning, and so have his performances been like his character.. quite colourful. I must say his distribution has been a joy to watch and recently his defending too. When he is playing like that he is top 3 most important player on the pitch, I hope he keeps it up till the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, manpe said:

One day we bash him to the ground, the next we can't praise him enough. :D  This thread has been this way since the beginning, and so have his performances been like his character.. quite colourful. I must say his distribution has been a joy to watch and recently his defending too. When he is playing like that he is top 3 most important player on the pitch, I hope he keeps it up till the end of the season.

It is simple for me. He stepped up, so did Kante (in terms of new role)

Wilian, Alonso, Morata, and Giroud have not, all have been massive fails.

Barkley is slanting that way, Moses, Cahill and Drinkwater were obviously never going to do much.

All eight need to go, as does Bats and Baka.

Azpi has far too often been disappointing in his RB Sarriball role. He just is far too one-dimensional and is showing the effects of his insane level of minutes the last 4 plus seasons. 

Our fullbacks both need to be upgraded.

I hope Luiz agrees to a one year extension.