David Luiz

the wes

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Luiz as a midfielder is just yesterday's thinking. It's like we are trying to find positions for him to paint over his ever appearing cracks, yet the fact of the matter is, he isn't that good really.

He will always have brain farts, he will always be caught out of position and he will always exposed when an opposition player of much higher quality faces him.

But WE know all of this.

Right now we are in the position of having to paint over cracks. They are all over the pitch. Unless you got this wand I've been after and can magic us up a couple of players.

If you dont want him in Barkleys spot and surely cant want him in Luiz's spot. Who do we put in Barkleys spot?

Give us your lineup for the season with no more players incoming.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

We have to put someone in the Barkley place who will be able to give us some goals and help in high defending. Only other real options are one of Willian,Pedro or Eden. Its a dilemma.

Yes but Luiz is definitely not the answer, it would make things only worse. As for our options... our squad management has been pure shit over the last few years, so I don't envy whoever our head coach may be. And that is also why we will have done very well if we get top4 (I don't think we will).

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Haha no way my man. He was barely trusted for DMF in emergency cases, as AMF he'd be a disaster. He is a flashy defender but that and him being Brazilian doesn't mean he has any competence in attack I'm afraid... we need more goals, not dry them out even more.

Am kinda with @Unionjack on this one reason he didn't work as a DMF was because he still had to defend which we all no he cant do.... but what he can do is run with the ball has a good eye and aI good pass and has dynamite in his boot. Might just be worth a go tbh

13 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Am kinda with @Unionjack on this one reason he didn't work as a DMF was because he still had to defend which we all no he cant do.... but what he can do is run with the ball has a good eye and aI good pass and has dynamite in his boot. Might just be worth a go tbh

What I meant but with explanation 2495cf837fa3b004cef544c2fd1f1bed.gif

3 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

So we're playing a life-long center-back as the most advanced midfielder while our most critical issue is goals, brilliant. He has a good eye for a pass because he plays deep as a CB, he has time to pick his passes and even then I consider his passing and technical ability overrated. Everybody can run with the ball given space... he is not going to dribble past 2-3 players when closed down. What do you think how he would fare higher up the field with midfielders and defenders swarming him? Dynamite in his boot? Need some clarification on this one.. and don't bring up the few successful free-kicks in his career or I will cringe.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

So we're playing a life-long center-back as the most advanced midfielder while our most critical issue is goals, brilliant. He has a good eye for a pass because he plays deep as a CB, he has time to pick his passes and even then I consider his passing and technical ability overrated. Everybody can run with the ball given space... he is not going to dribble past 2-3 players when closed down. What do you think how he would fare higher up the field with midfielders and defenders swarming him? Dynamite in his boot? Need some clarification on this one.. and don't bring up the few successful free-kicks in his career or I will cringe.

And our other options are? And u can not deny the lad has one hell of a shot on him, also I seen him run past 3 players plenty of time from his own half as a centre back. And if any one can pass will u please tell that to barkley RLC.

3 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

What I meant but with explanation 2495cf837fa3b004cef544c2fd1f1bed.gif

I see both your thinking on this and to be fair wouldn't be the worst move in the world.......But guys, doesn't this just show up the desperation in our team at present. There was a time when if we needed a player for a position we just went out and bought him. Now we haggle, drag our heels and then find they have been picked up by our rivals.

13 hours ago, Starman60 said:

But guys, doesn't this just show up the desperation in our team at present.

Course it does. You going to buy us the players we need? APPARENTLY we are buying Felir and Oblak all of a sudden. You gotta giggle

But when you got lemons you make lemonade. Just have to fuck about with positions till you find summet that works.

19 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

And our other options are? And u can not deny the lad has one hell of a shot on him, also I seen him run past 3 players plenty of time from his own half as a centre back. And if any one can pass will u please tell that to barkley RLC.

Our other options are Barkley, RLC, Fabregas, even Willian and Hazard I would say they are all ahead of bloody Luiz for this role. And if need be recall Mason Mount. Though I admit I would be fascinated to see Luiz in that position just for shits and giggles. :D 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/12/maurizio-sarri-david-luiz-chelsea

David Luiz seems reinvigorated under Sarri, and effusively praised the new coach’s approach last week, noting that he was “in love” with a style that “everyone enjoys watching”. If one were so minded, that could be interpreted as a swipe at Conte: whatever his intention, it appears that David Luiz’s admiration is mutual.

“I very much enjoy his attitude when I am working with him,” Sarri said. “He is also a very good player and a very good defender. David is very good at building up action from our defence with the way he plays. David has a big future here. He will be very useful for us but not just on the pitch, he is also important in the dressing room.”[/quo[te

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Dont think he is finished already albeit he was a liability vs Terriers and hopefully will be eased out for Christensen during the season. 

he was awful against city he was doing a lot of ball watching I'm afraid we will leaky alot of goals if he continues playing at the back 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

he was awful against city he was doing a lot of ball watching I'm afraid we will leaky alot of goals if he continues playing at the back 

True but the whole team was awful

vs City b cause City are just so much better than we are rn. Sarris does not seem as dogmatic as Conte and Mourinho sonI hope he will drop him as soon as he gets too shaky

21 minutes ago, the wes said:

Hes been doing a lot of ball watching his entire Chelsea career. Its annoys fuck out me because that and recklessly trying to step out and fouling someone or taking himself out the game trying that happens almost every week. Conte and that back 3 helped him the first season he came back but old habits die hard, we seen last season where the same errors became more apparent. His quality on the ball was always going to buy him a life line under Sarri but still don't think it should make him a shoe in. Defenders should be able to defend to a degree first and foremost, Alonso as well, he can defend but lacks the pace to recover or get back in if hes been high up, which is a shame because it will hurt the team and if he was a wee bit quicker he'd be more than solid enough but even in some attacking situations you see his lack of pace can let us down. I have big doubts about Luiz and Alonso in a back 4 against a top team, can't wait to see it. 

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes been doing a lot of ball watching his entire Chelsea career. Its annoys fuck out me because that and recklessly trying to step out and fouling someone or taking himself out the game trying that happens almost every week. Conte and that back 3 helped him the first season he came back but old habits die hard, we seen last season where the same errors became more apparent. His quality on the ball was always going to buy him a life line under Sarri but still don't think it should make him a shoe in. Defenders should be able to defend to a degree first and foremost, Alonso as well, he can defend but lacks the pace to recover or get back in if hes been high up, which is a shame because it will hurt the team and if he was a wee bit quicker he'd be more than solid enough but even in some attacking situations you see his lack of pace can let us down. I have big doubts about Luiz and Alonso in a back 4 against a top team, can't wait to see it. 

Everything you said there I 100% agree with mate I can't understand why Emerson hasn't been giving a fair chance ?