David Luiz

the wes

Even as a CB, how much can he improve at 29? It's unlikely but not impossible I guess. I think he's a pretty solid CB overall but not trustworthy and definitely not a leader at the back. Ideally, he would be partnered with that type of CB. A Godin for example. Kompany even. It would be amazing if he could find that clarity under the tutelage of Conte. Because he does possess the abillity to become a very good CB. World-class level is beyond him me thinks.

I expect him to continue to enrage many and his style of defending still isn't respected and valued as much in English football as it is in the other parts of the world.

I like David though. David, Eden and Michy must be hilarious to be around.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lol, have you guys forgotten Luiz's celebration against us a couple of years ago when he was in PSG or....?

He doesn't love Chelsea.

That's BS. The game was a crunch game. He scored what proved to be the winner in the dying minutes. 

What I like about him is, he would give his heart and soul for whichever club he plays for. He is one of the very few players in the squad right now that love the club more than anything. 

This is a welcome move, especially since our squad has been gelling again, he will only make it better.

1 minute ago, Tautvix said:

Funny how people say he has a great personality, he is a great person, blablabla... Great person will not make us a better team, great player would.

You must be fun at parties

I think he loves the club and will play with desire as always. I loved him for that, because he gave everything from him every time on the pitch. Remember how he kept the ball on the pitch just before Baba's goal against PSG in CL. 
I agree he wasn't too reliable in defence and was prone to mistakes, but I think he would improve under Conte and I hope so.

He isn't the greatest CB around but was the greatest CB around available? Was the next alternative miles better than David Luiz?

I'm sorry but we are literally hours away from deadline, this time yesterday we were apparently fire bullets into the sky and now this.

I'm pleased about this because no matter what age you are still learning, Conte will coach him and improve him. Lets get behind him.

15 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lol, have you guys forgotten Luiz's celebration against us a couple of years ago or....?

He doesn't love Chelsea. Anyway, I'm neither happy or sad if we have him back. But what a waste of a transfer window.

It was a last minute goal anyone would have celebrated and he even apologized after the game.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He isn't the greatest CB around but was the greatest CB around available? Was the next alternative miles better than David Luiz?

I'm sorry but we are literally hours away from deadline, this time yesterday we were apparently fire bullets into the sky and now this.

I'm pleased about this because no matter what age you are still learning, Conte will coach him and improve him. Lets get behind him.

This. People want K2 to come here, that didn't know his name before he was even linked to us. 

Taking a chance at Romagnoli and other young CBs was always going to be a gamble, and how confident would we be playing them in the starting 11 without Terry being there? Lack of Experience would get to them.

I am not concerned about his age, defenders usually play longer. And we needed someone with experience. He has it. And he has definitely improved since moving to PSG

Andreas Christensen to return next summer

This update from Sam Wallace:

Chelsea’s move for a centre-back on deadline day is being done with the long-term plan that Andreas Christensen, their 20-year-old Denmark international, will return on a permanent basis next summer.

The club currently have options including re-signing David Luiz from Paris Saint-Germain, Aymen Abdennour from Valencia or a loan deal. Christensen, in his second year on loan at Borussia Monchengladbach, will come back next year to join Chelsea's first team squad.  

I found this encouraging, from the telegraph a little while ago.