Ron Gourlay

the best piece of business Roman can do in this window is to chuck out shit like Gourlay and maybe even Buck.He should install someone who actually knows about football and gives a damn about the club.I think he is the reason why we get constantly ripped off in the transfer market and before anyone talks about shipping out the likes of maluda,bosingwa,ferraira;Gourlay should be sacked. won't happen though!your opinon??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Such an ignorant post. We have no idea what happens inside the club. The same people that are being slagged off are the same people that got Juan Mata under the radar and out of the press with no mess. Marin too, potentially Hulk aswell! I think they're doing the best job they can with the tools available. We aren't playing a game of football manager here, Kalou, Malouda, Bosingwa... All the players you're crying for us to sell we need to keep hold of for now, We need squad players who are happy to be rotated.

Come on have some sense, it's not a videogame, it's a football club.

I hope you are joking,right?

Not at all, I think he has done wonderful work with recent signings, as well as attracting a high quality youth, just look at our recent record in the FA Youth Cup. He seems to be on top of running Chelsea as a business, growing the clubs brand and image and finances seem to be heading in the right direction with revenues seemingly on the increase despite the current economic climate! I really don't see why fans think he has done anything wrong and the blame is completely unjustified.

Such an ignorant post. We have no idea what happens inside the club. The same people that are being slagged off are the same people that got Juan Mata under the radar and out of the press with no mess. Marin too, potentially Hulk aswell! I think they're doing the best job they can with the tools available. We aren't playing a game of football manager here, Kalou, Malouda, Bosingwa... All the players you're crying for us to sell we need to keep hold of for now, We need squad players who are happy to be rotated.

Exactly, fully agree with this.

My opinion on Gourlay though, he's not good enough, just some of our transfers in recent times have been shocking, Fernando couldn't score in a brothel Torres, Raul average Meireles in the past two seasons. Yeah they didn't go for them but they where the ones who put the damn bids in, but i'm not entirely sure about Torres Roman might of actually suggested that much we don't know. Still though 13 million for Meireles was always a bad buy, he was 28 at the time jesus...

But like you said no one knows enough what happens, Gourlay shouldn't get as much stick as he does.

Kostas, where are you? -_-

:lol: :lol:

I was here the minute this topic was posted but I couldn't be arsed to comment (or rather point out all the wrong things about it).

The rate of me shooting down common fallacies is directly linked to the rate of such fallacies being reproduced and as TC's member count is growing I'm risking turning into a broken record.

Edit: Gianfranco_Z just killed this thread.

really? I thought selecting players for the squad was the job of a manager,not a CEO or owner.thats why so many players end up being misfits for the club.they let go of players like fabio borini,sinclair for f**k all.17500 tkts for munich but only half of them sold to fans.constantly show games to be sold out yet you can see some stands empty.Don't be surprised if players like debruyne or marin don't make it because they won't be the manager's choice

Exactly, fully agree with this.

My opinion on Gourlay though, he's not good enough, just some of our transfers in recent times have been shocking, Fernando couldn't score in a brothel Torres, Raul average Meireles in the past two seasons. Yeah they didn't go for them but they where the ones who put the damn bids in, but i'm not entirely sure about Torres Roman might of actually suggested that much we don't know. Still though 13 million for Meireles was always a bad buy, he was 28 at the time jesus...

But like you said no one knows enough what happens, Gourlay shouldn't get as much stick as he does.

Torres probably was Roman's wish, that being said, Ancelotti was always a big admirer of him! From a business perspective, Torres was a great signing, we have probably recuperated a fair amount of what was paid for him and he has been used to grow the club's brand as he is a very marketable player. I agree, not all signings have been perfect, however I think Gourlay is definitely moving in the right direction and he seems very honest and open with letting the fans know what is happening with the club. It really does sadden me to see this sort of thing being brought up days before what could be the greatest moment in the club's history, I can see why some have labelled Chelsea fans as ungrateful.

shipping out maluda,bossy wasn't exactly my poin,was it?

really? I thought selecting players for the squad was the job of a manager,not a CEO or owner.thats why so many players end up being misfits for the club.they let go of players like fabio borini,sinclair for f**k all.17500 tkts for munich but only half of them sold to fans.constantly show games to be sold out yet you can see some stands empty.Don't be surprised if players like debruyne or marin don't make it because they won't be the manager's choice

Scouts find players, the board negotiates deals, the manager does what Modern managers are supposed to do, which is get the best out of the squad of players he has!

Torres probably was Roman's wish, that being said, Ancelotti was always a big admirer of him! From a business perspective, Torres was a great signing, we have probably recuperated a fair amount of what was paid for him and he has been used to grow the club's brand as he is a very marketable player. I agree, not all signings have been perfect, however I think Gourlay is definitely moving in the right direction and he seems very honest and open with letting the fans know what is happening with the club. It really does sadden me to see this sort of thing being brought up days before what could be the greatest moment in the club's history, I can see why some have labelled Chelsea fans as ungrateful.

Torres was a great signing?, WHAT!?, check his goal scoring records, check that price tag. He was never a great signing and never will be, only if he scores 30 goals every season from now on till he leaves Chelsea. He doesn't have any pace left, he can't work with our team still, he's not a good signing. Good player but not a good signing for this club by any means.

However if Gourlay gets Hulk for 30 million, my opinion on him will change, and in a good way because that's just amazing, a player who had the cost of 80 million.