Spike

Tbf @Vesper made some good points that can be backed up, I very much enjoy reading her political insight. Then without any serious counter-arguments she got attacked personally, which was uncalled for and which usually happens when the other side has no comeback. I am of the opinion that NATO ensuring world peace and keeping Russia at bay is quite a simplistic view. It is partly true, but like with everything involving super powers of the world, it's not so black and white. Each side always has their own story, but the truth lies somewhere in between. NATO is a tool to drive agendas, whatever they may be, but they aren't always some idealistic bringers of "peace and democracy" like is the common rhetoric. They somewhy tend to "bring democracy" to countries that have oil or some strategic importance to them, and after that those nations are in a worse state than before. Everybody wants to install their approved leaders who will further their cause, this leads to diplomatic or bloody conflicts and the common folk suffer the most... I don't see how anybody can be okay with that.

Anyway, I see no reason for childish name-calling and dick/IQ measuring contest. Either bring arguments to the debate or don't post at all.

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Don't you ever tell me to STFU again.

Show me one false thing I have said in this entire conversation. None of what I said is out of the mainstream academic thought. It is just contrarian to pro war propaganda from the likes of the Atlantic Council and other historically blood-soaked agents of the eternal quest for a never-ending casus belli.

All you do is rattle and prattle off the same simple-minded agitprop and sloganeering over and over and somehow think that that has advanced your argument one iota. It is laughable and yet sad, oh so sad.

You sound like a barking dog and probably on a good day have an IQ that might give a French Bulldog a run for its money.

Go back to school? Me?

I have more degrees than you have inches in yer todger at full engorgement.

It is thuggish wankers like you who make me miss living full-time in England less and less each year

You are out of your league sunshine, pack it in before you embarrass yourself further.

You are the one who instantly got all argy bargy, btw. If anyone reading this doubts me, go follow the thread up.

Lastly, don't EVER tell me to STFU again. 

I have to repeat it because repetitive positing of concepts is basic pedagogical practice to try insure cognitive imprinting of the desired outcome on the learning disabled.

STFU 

chatting gas

pretend academic

8 hours ago, manpe said:

Tbf @Vesper made some good points that can be backed up, I very much enjoy reading her political insight. Then without any serious counter-arguments she got attacked personally, which was uncalled for and which usually happens when the other side has no comeback. I am of the opinion that NATO ensuring world peace and keeping Russia at bay is quite a simplistic view. It is partly true, but like with everything involving super powers of the world, it's not so black and white. Each side always has their own story, but the truth lies somewhere in between. NATO is a tool to drive agendas, whatever they may be, but they aren't always some idealistic bringers of "peace and democracy" like is the common rhetoric. They somewhy tend to "bring democracy" to countries that have oil or some strategic importance to them, and after that those nations are in a worse state than before. Everybody wants to install their approved leaders who will further their cause, this leads to diplomatic or bloody conflicts and the common folk suffer the most... I don't see how anybody can be okay with that.

Anyway, I see no reason for childish name-calling and dick/IQ measuring contest. Either bring arguments to the debate or don't post at all.

nope. this crazy insulted me my family and friends, my service, servicemen and women and is talking about english issues with uneducated BS

i did not start rambling like some political extremist.

1 hour ago, Warning_Hazard said:

nope. this crazy insulted me my family and friends, my service, servicemen and women and is talking about english issues with uneducated BS

i did not start rambling like some political extremist.

I had read the past couple of pages, and I didn't see where she insulted you or your family or anyone in the service.  

44 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I had read the past couple of pages, and I didn't see where she insulted you or your family or anyone in the service.  

It is not unusual for veterans to see things that we don't.

"Among combat veterans with PTSD, 30% to 40% report auditory or visual hallucinations and/or delusions."

NATO was created in the fifties to defend the west against the USSR.
These days Putin does n't care all that much to invade western Europe. In 2015 the scrounger lefties who rule Greece tried to persuade him to come over but in vain - hence they folded back and returned to the Merkel camp.
At the same time the Brexiteers and the Trump want Europe to return to its nationalist past. A past in which communists were gouging out the eyeballs of the nuns and the the nazis were burning Jews in the ovens.

5 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

It is not unusual for veterans to see things that we don't.

"Among combat veterans with PTSD, 30% to 40% report auditory or visual hallucinations and/or delusions."

Wtf so now I have PTSD?! FFS this thread is toxic lol

6 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Yes she did the amount of insinuation, besmerching war efforts, telling me how the world is, how war is this and that, belittling my opinions from the real world, Who would walk up to a soldier and spit in their face like that? Disgusting. Part of the problem. It's insulting and she called what I said this and that implying I was pathetic and stupid. What does some random women in Europe sat on Chelsea forum all day everyday know about war. Just spitting out rubbish to try and be right. It's the exact tactic trump uses lol

I could sit here all day and explain how she's wrong but it's a Chelsea forum and I'm not here to play keyboard warrior unlike some.

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

NATO was created in the fifties to defend the west against the USSR.
These days Putin does n't care all that much to invade western Europe. In 2015 the scrounger lefties who rule Greece tried to persuade him to come over but in vain - hence they folded back and returned to the Merkel camp.
At the same time the Brexiteers and the Trump want Europe to return to its nationalist past. A past in which communists were gouging out the eyeballs of the nuns and the the nazis were burning Jews in the ovens.

What the rass! You just put England in the same basket as Nazi Germany and commies?! Wtf hahaha. I'm sacking this thread off. Crazy.

7 hours ago, Warning_Hazard said:

What the rass! You just put England in the same basket as Nazi Germany and commies?! Wtf hahaha. I'm sacking this thread off. Crazy.

No what you are saying is crazy.
Brexit's momentum is driving things that way, by design or otherwise.
At the same time some of the brexiteers are definitely in the same basket and worse.

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

No what you are saying is crazy.
Brexit's momentum is driving things that way, by design or otherwise.
At the same time some of the brexiteers are definitely in the same basket and worse.

Now I'm crazy? Because of brexit? What? Lool. Crazy PC and extreme left is to blame and exactly why trump is in office. Brexit is more than just political. People are fed up. The end!

When we talk about the possibilities of war breaking out, the brexiteers become indignant.
They don't have the intention to declare war they say, so the accusation is -to their eyes- absurd.
But this is neither here nor there.
The rebirth of nationalism and the regrouping of communist guerrila armies are very real possibilities, when we no longer have united Europe.
Already we have the Spain-Catalan conflict, the rogue Italian government, Erdogan threatening Greece and the communists who are homeless right now look forward to China to become their sponsor.
Spain will also take the rock of Gibraltar thus ending centuries of British naval supremacy in the med.
Those are very real world prorblems. The brexiteers naturally say "Czechoslovakia is a faraway country", like Nevil Chamberlain of old.
At the same time however, because of their extreme foolishness, Britain itself is threatened with economic collapse.
All that because of the ... Polish nurses who are working in the hospitals in the UK and for no other reason.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

When we talk about the possibilities of war breaking out, the brexiteers become indignant.
They don't have the intention to declare war they say, so the accusation is -to their eyes- absurd.
But this is neither here nor there.
The rebirth of nationalism and the regrouping of communist guerrila armies are very real possibilities, when we no longer have united Europe.
Already we have the Spain-Catalan conflict, the rogue Italian government, Erdogan threatening Greece and the communists who are homeless right now look forward to China to become their sponsor.
Spain will also take the rock of Gibraltar thus ending centuries of British naval supremacy in the med.
Those are very real world prorblems. The brexiteers naturally say "Czechoslovakia is a faraway country", like Nevil Chamberlain of old.
At the same time however, because of their extreme foolishness, Britain itself is threatened with economic collapse.
All that because of the ... Polish nurses who are working in the hospitals in the UK and for no other reason.

BS

Gibraltar is england's mate unless they vote to want spain which they wont.

a greek chattin crap about brexit!

greece i mean wow. lovely place been santorini  but a greek chiming in on europe makes me laugh

eu dismantled the entire nation!

nhs will be fine

my gf is a doctor ffs

nhs under strain from rife over population never was designed for 70-80m

same with jobs

less people less issues

polak nurses lmao

you mean knocked up polish birds abusing free nhs pregnancies

they fly here have babies for free then fly home mrs witnessed it for years

europe take this piss as well as other countries to the max

germany rinsed poland twice ww2 and economically. i work with some poles they hate germans for ripping out loads of big factorys and tell me its why they here ffs lol

2 hours ago, Warning_Hazard said:

BS

Gibraltar is england's mate unless they vote to want spain which they wont.

a greek chattin crap about brexit!

greece i mean wow. lovely place been santorini  but a greek chiming in on europe makes me laugh

eu dismantled the entire nation!

nhs will be fine

my gf is a doctor ffs

nhs under strain from rife over population never was designed for 70-80m

same with jobs

less people less issues

polak nurses lmao

you mean knocked up polish birds abusing free nhs pregnancies

they fly here have babies for free then fly home mrs witnessed it for years

europe take this piss as well as other countries to the max

germany rinsed poland twice ww2 and economically. i work with some poles they hate germans for ripping out loads of big factorys and tell me its why they here ffs lol

I don't get some of the random things you say.
As for Gr it's where it all started -simultaneously with the battle of Britain to be fair and exact. Because France had fallen, USA were neutral as also USSR. So it was GR and GB left fighting and this is where NATO was born for real - not in Paris in 1953.
The various communist collaborator governments that cropped up lated is a national misfortune - that too is correct.
But things with Brexit are going from bad to worse and as for the Spaniards they can take Gib with only a few policemen and a squad car.
The place is impregnable from the sea but not from mainland Spain and the reason Franco did not take it during the war is that he knew Hitler was going lose and then it would be curtains for him too.
The typical brexiteer is an illiterate person. It's a low life working class movement and while some Tories jumped in the bandwagon for electoral gains, the real Tories know better than that.

9 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I don't get some of the random things you say.
As for Gr it's where it all started -simultaneously with the battle of Britain to be fair and exact. Because France had fallen, USA were neutral as also USSR. So it was GR and GB left fighting and this is where NATO was born for real - not in Paris in 1953.
The various communist collaborator governments that cropped up lated is a national misfortune - that too is correct.
But things with Brexit are going from bad to worse and as for the Spaniards they can take Gib with only a few policemen and a squad car.
The place is impregnable from the sea but not from mainland Spain and the reason Franco did not take it during the war is that he knew Hitler was going lose and then it would be curtains for him too.
The typical brexiteer is an illiterate person. It's a low life working class movement and while some Tories jumped in the bandwagon for electoral gains, the real Tories know better than that.

Dude your last paragraph is laughable.

Without nato all of europe is a russian prison, They may even take ukraine at this rate!

We will deploy an Astute if the spanish tried!

the spanish are another prime example of why loads hate eu, shouldn't be in it. EU is the EU because mighty england with some american reinforcement smashed all the grabs!

Now im here reading a greek rip into internal affairs clutching at straws insulting 17+ million people.

You maybe happy to live in a new reich but we said nahhh!

23 minutes ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Dude your last paragraph is laughable.

Without nato all of europe is a russian prison, They may even take ukraine at this rate!

We will deploy an Astute if the spanish tried!

the spanish are another prime example of why loads hate eu, shouldn't be in it. EU is the EU because mighty england with some american reinforcement smashed all the grabs!

Now im here reading a greek rip into internal affairs clutching at straws insulting 17+ million people.

You maybe happy to live in a new reich but we said nahhh!

Brexit will be dead before Easter.
If Mayhem goes for "hard brexit" then the people will be forced to eat from the dustbins and they are going to chase her and Bojo with clubs.
As for the postwar NATO aber naturalich it stood between us and the USSR and the NATO alliance as well as EU originated as a Greek-British affair, because Winston in those days was in favour of a "United States of Europe" - going further than modern day Europeanists.
The rest were not involved (French-Dutch-Belgians-Danes ...) because even if they wanted, the axis was occupying them.
But what happened in our time, after the fall of the USSR ?
The fanatical and illiterate brexiteers seeing that the imminent danger was gone, came out of their closets and started attacking the EU.
They did not want to reform and improve the EU, they wanted to destroy it and make Europe return to barbarism.
Fortunately it's such a gigantic nonsense and the entire scheme is about to flop before it begins.

30 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

If Mayhem goes for "hard brexit" then the people will be forced to eat from the dustbins and they are going to chase her and Bojo with clubs.
As for the postwar NATO aber naturalich it stood between us and the USSR and the NATO alliance as well as EU originated as a Greek-British affair, because Winston in those days was in favour of a "United States of Europe" - going further than modern day Europeanists.
The rest were not involved (French-Dutch-Belgians-Danes ...) because even if they wanted, the axis was occupying them.
The fanatical and illiterate brexiteers seeing that the imminent danger was gone, came out of their closets and started attacking the EU.
They did not want to reform and improve the EU, they wanted to destroy it and make Europe return to barbarism.
Fortunately it's such a gigantic nonsense and the entire scheme is about to flop before it begins.

fell asleep half way through!

31 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

fell asleep half way through!

WE are where we are.

England will be fine, Europe? Who knows.