The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Wasn’t impressed with Newcastle tonight really barring a few moments.

Also think that their players constantly having to get the crowd up every 5-10 minutes to try and jump start them to doing something rather than relying on genuine quality like they did for the build up for first goal was also suicidal and schoolboy.

Good team but lack the maturity needed I think, they are there on merit from last year but its almost as if the players didn’t believe they could genuinely beat Milan (who in typical Italian fashion, get the job done).

Yes get the crowd up and on side as often as possible but do it more by producing quality moments of football as opposed to celebrating winning throw ins and 50/50s (which I get early on doing so but they had Bruno Guimares and others in the second half trying to get them going again and again after winning a throw in FFS 😂).  

Edited by OneMoSalah

with Sevilla out

only 3 teams , IMHO, really have a shot at winning the Europa League

Pool

AC Milan

Neverkusen

weakest 3rd place CL to EL slide-overs ever that I can recall

only AC Milan is real quality

and it should have been worse

with NUFC sliding over

18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wasn’t impressed with Newcastle tonight really barring a few moments.

Also think that their players constantly having to get the crowd up every 5-10 minutes to try and jump start them to doing something rather than relying on genuine quality like they did for the build up for first goal was also suicidal and schoolboy.

Good team but lack the maturity needed I think, they are there on merit from last year but its almost as if the players didn’t believe they could genuinely beat Milan (who in typical Italian fashion, get the job done).

Yes get the crowd up and on side as often as possible but do it more by producing quality moments of football as opposed to celebrating winning throw ins and 50/50s (which I get early on doing so but they had Bruno Guimares and others in the second half trying to get them going again and again after winning a throw in FFS 😂).  

They lack in attack both in quality as well as options. It's been an issue for them, and I don't see how they fix that without spending.

Can't go into CL with the players they got up front (they get joelington to attack more), and then you look at their bench and there is nothing.

Not a fan of Isak either... never seen enough skill in his game to make up for the lack of movement and pace.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

5th spot for CL is not certain. 

Yup it’s quite tight. Didn’t expect it tbf. Newcastle and Manure really fked the PL with their lazy performances in CL going out altogether when it would have been easier to at least get into EL. Both don’t belong into CL but EL is their level.

anyway it won’t matter, we will not get fifth this season… or next

▪️ Porto vs. Arsenal 
▪️ Napoli vs. Barcelona 
▪️ PSG vs. Real Sociedad 
▪️ Inter vs. Atlético 
▪️ PSV vs. Dortmund 
▪️ Lazio vs. Bayern 
▪️ Copenhagen vs. Man City 
▪️ RB Leipzig vs. Real Madrid