The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

The red card changed the game most definitely, but it shouldn't have had to. It was United who, instead of defending for their lifes and go for a counterattaking strategy, let two goals in. They should have fought like warriors defending their goal and use the injustice of the sending off to spur them into action. It's because United is not accustomed to be on the wrong end of bad reffering calls that in the end was their demise.

The red card changed the game most definitely, but it shouldn't have had to. It was United who, instead of defending for their lifes and go for a counterattaking strategy, let two goals in. They should have fought like warriors defending their goal and use the injustice of the sending off to spur them into action. It's because United is not accustomed to be on the wrong end of bad reffering calls that in the end was their demise.

How is honest referring 'bad' refereeing?

I was watching the game with a friend that's a Real fan and boy did I celebrate the red card, Rednose's anger, Real's goals like I was the biggest Real fan ever, the only things that were in my mind were those karma bittersweet feelings remembering the league game at the Bridge where those crying fags at redcafe/on my facebook were laughing and loving every bits of the injustice we endured. While I was celebrating, it really made me realize how much I hate that club more than anything, I really want them to suffer, I want them to experience so much pain that they almost need a shrink in their everyday lives. Have you seen what they're saying in a thread regarding the game on sunday? I wish Ba and Mazacar really rape their shitty defence and I hope that that cunt of Evans starts so he can be humiliated somehow someway.

IMO it was a yellow but the moment I saw it, I remembered how Manure fans immediately went protesting over that Torres tackle on Cleverley at the Bridge earlier this season, claiming a red card. Hypocrisy at its best. They deserve every moment of it. Nobody will feel sorry for them.

Yep. I use a different forum and at the time they were all saying Torres should've been sent off, and now tonight the same people are in the United thread saying Nani's red was harsh. Can't have it both ways.

the best thing is, after going on about the "chelsea bus" for almost a year now, united could not drive theirs for 10 minutes at their own home while we did that for 45 minutes, 10 men at bloody camp nou.

LET THE BLOODY WORLD KNOW THAT CHELSEA IS THE BEST...

Mourinho: "Barcelona are an incredible side, Paris [saint-Germain] are a great team, Bayern too, nobody mentions Dortmund, Celtic are Celtic. Arsenal? I'm sorry but they can't do it"

Lol

Andy Townsend got it right on highlights - the Ref didn't send off the keeper after he double punched Vidic ;) (nice)

So Nani was unlucky...

But they are out - hopefully they will be feeling sorry for themselves and Rooney causes some trouble about being left out - anything that coud work in our favour ;)

Come on the Chelsea - lets add more misery to Manchester ;)

Im going to assume you mean Manchester City? :eyebrows:

It's not a red. If a Chelsea player got a red like that, we'd rightly be livid, especially in a match of this magnitude. Nani went to try to knock the ball down with his foot and didn't see the player. Yes, a red was justifiable by the laws of the game, but refs never abide purely by the laws of the game. It reminds me of the Canada/US women's football match in the Olympics where the US was awarded a free kick inside the penalty box because the Canadian keeper held on to the ball for more than 6 seconds. US scored and won the game because of that. Technically, it is justifiable to make calls like that, but it's also terrible refereeing. ManU was up 1-0, a close, exciting game, you don't give a red unless it is impossible not to. The same way you don't give a penalty unless you're sure because it will change the game entirely. Had Nani got a yellow, nobody would have thought twice about it. Every game, there are some calls that can go either way. The referee should not impose himself on the game unless necessary.

Depends how you look at it. The discussion will always be up for debate but whether or not there was intent is irrelevant, it is dangerous play. Torres vs Cleverly. De Jong vs Alonso, all incidents where the wrong call was made and if made right, would change the game completely. This ref decided to make the right call because what Nani did was foul play and Nani should have never condoned himself in such a situation of bringing his foot that high unaware of his surroundings. The ref clearly thought it through, hence him not making the call right away, understood the circumstances of the game and what needed to be done, and made the brave and RIGHT decision to send him off. It's unfortunate, but it's the rules.

Fucking despise how United fans are reacting towards Roy Kean's comments towards the call. Calling out a Club Legend because he is agreeing with the officiating in making the honest and right call instead of giving some BS answer to appease the United fans and SAF.

This will have direct implications for us. 100% they would have been tired and distracted on sunday now they will be hugely motivated.

remember barca last year. lost against us highly motivated against real(lost it) again highly motivated against us(lost again) :D

Personally, I don't think the red card was a red card. Yes Nani's boot was rather high but he was watching the ball the whole time then and his intention was always to control the dropping ball. The contact happened only because Arbeloa came flying in and collided with Nani's boot, which was just an unfortunate collision. It's not like Nani knew Arbeloa was standing there and he raised his boot.

Intent or not is completely irrelevant in this action of play. Not like Nani knew Arbeloa was there? Is that a statement in terms of some sort of defense? Is Nani alone on the pitch? Did he forget there are 20 players with him? Did he forget who was man marking him for 60 minutes? Nani had his head up in the air the entire time and condoned himself in a dangerous play in which he should have been aware of his surroundings.

That's what the whole situation was, unfortunate, but the right call.

Intent or not is completely irrelevant in this action of play. Not like Nani knew Arbeloa was there? Is that a statement in terms of some sort of defense? Is Nani alone on the pitch? Did he forget there are 20 players with him? Did he forget who was man marking him for 60 minutes? Nani had his head up in the air the entire time and condoned himself in a dangerous play in which he should have been aware of his surroundings.

You are priceless! :lol:

Not gonna bother getting into this whole debate. Everyone have their opinions and views.

For me, it just wasn't a red card. It might have been a dangerous challenge if one follow the law but not every challenge like that is a straight red card, with a little bit of proper thought behind it. And as said, the fact that there was hardly a protest from the players then said it all.

One thing to add. It's easy for us to sit down here and say Nani should have been aware of his surroundings. When that ball was cleared by a United player and coming to him, his one and only intention was always to control the ball down and get at Madrid on the break as one of their attacks just broke down. The incident was made to look bad only because Arbeloa came flying in. It's not like he was just standing there and Nani raised his boots high up.

Edited by BluesMaster