The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Psg play similar to our 3-4-2-1 just with better players (except for cbs) 

Danilo drops so deep he is basically a cb

sporting with an impressive demonstration how to not play vs city. High line with slow defenders and 0 aggression. 

55 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Psg play similar to our 3-4-2-1 just with better players (except for cbs) 

Danilo drops so deep he is basically a cb

sporting with an impressive demonstration how to not play vs city. High line with slow defenders and 0 aggression. 

our MF blows theirs away, other than Verratti, they are fairly dire there, it is their huge weakness, Wijnaldum has been a semi bust (he looked like a shadow of himself (that he was at Pool and the Dutch national team) in the 4, 5 games I watched him in), surprisingly, plus I do not rate Danilo, Gueye, or Paredes, and Ander Herrera is rinsed, soon turns 33, is like Cesc-level mobility without anywhere near the passing/vision.

Next season, other than Paredes at 28, all the rest are 30yo and older, including a 32yo and two 33yo's. None are great athletes, other than Verratti, and none are very pacey, with several of them slowish (Danilo, Gueye (now he is slowing down), and Herrera.

Also, when our wingbacks are healthy, it's basically a wash

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Games will be better, more attacking, less calculations. 

Also over time and penalties more likely and we have our Kepa for that. 

If anything, the games will be less attacking. When the away goals was there, it encouraged teams away from home to pick up that vital away goal, while now there is not that incentive. I mean look at Madrid for the whole game last night. They rarely got out their own half and seemed to  just play for the draw. In terms of fairness, the away goals removal makes sense, but excitement levels, the games will not be as entertaining now. Especially if this game was anything to go by.

Edited by Stats

I can't believe how Mbappe is leaving for free to Real. 

Insane, we should had at least tried to bid for him instead of spending money on Lukaku. 

Maybe who knows we are lucky that PSG might want Lukaku if Mbappe leaves.....

Edited by Fernando

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I can't believe how Mbappe is leaving for free to Real. 

Insane, we should had at least tried to bid for him instead of spending money on Lukaku. 

Maybe who knows we are lucky that PSG might want Lukaku if Mbappe leaves.....

PSG had been trying for rather years than months to renew Mbappes contract. It has been quite obvious for quite a time that he will let his paper run out to sign for Real. Looking also clear he only wants to join Madrid, I think this was the last time we had a chance to sign him up:

Premier League: Chelsea rejected 13-year-old Mbappe for not being able to  defend | MARCA in English

I don't really mind though.. I prefer my team without massvie egos. Seems to be working for us or City aswell. We just signed Lukaku and after a few months we already experienced how these players can be like. Mbappe even worse.

4 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

PSG had been trying for rather years than months to renew Mbappes contract. It has been quite obvious for quite a time that he will let his paper run out to sign for Real. Looking also clear he only wants to join Madrid, I think this was the last time we had a chance to sign him up:

Premier League: Chelsea rejected 13-year-old Mbappe for not being able to  defend | MARCA in English

I don't really mind though.. I prefer my team without massvie egos. Seems to be working for us or City aswell. We just signed Lukaku and after a few months we already experienced how these players can be like. Mbappe even worse.

I do not think Mbappe has that crazy of an ego problem, like say Neymar, Pessi, Pogba, CR7, Zlatan, etc. Time will tell with him and Håland. 

Camavinga was an idiot to turn down PSG and go to Real now. He would be starting for PSG, making them far better, adding to his value, and because he is so young he could have moved to Real in 4 years and a half years, and still be only 23yo then. Now he sits and is stuck behind that ageing Real MF for this season, and probably two more.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Camavinga was an idiot to turn down PSG and go to Real now. He would be starting for PSG, making them far better, adding to his value, and because he is so young he could have moved to Real in 4 years and a half years, and still be only 23yo then. Now he sits and is stuck behind that ageing Real MF for this season, and probably two more.

Even Valverde is rotting in the bench lol.

9 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Same reason why Ronaldo taking free kicks in every team he has played.

Ronaldo has previous, though. Messi has missed countless PK's when it matters.  

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I do not think Mbappe has that crazy of an ego problem, like say Neymar, Pessi, Pogba, CR7, Zlatan, etc. Time will tell with him and Håland. 

His issues with Giroud not so long ago would lead me to think otherwise. 

Edited by LAM09

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Ronaldo has previous, though. Messi has missed countless PK's when it matters.  

His issues with Giroud not so long ago would lead me to think otherwise. 

I strongly disliked when he said after a cameo that he wanted to show Tuchel he cannot do well without him. Of course might have been wrong choice of words but he had other "I am the man" announcements and I also don't like his body language.. Even though I know this is pretty much essential for a player who has been such a big star since he was a kiddo.

2021-22 UEFA Champions League, Round of 16

FC Salzburg              2790.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Bayern Munich         132.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.footy.to/sports/2022/champions-league-salzburg-vs-bayern-munchen-s2/

https://www.totalsportek.com/football/ucl21/salzburg-vs-bayern-munich-match/

38a2989c96f69db50341384df363ac2f.png746140d877be815d4d3a3d7495bd1f81.png