Chelsea v Stoke

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to Romeu? i'd have him as the anchor man more games than not. I reckon Lamps, Essien and Drogs will play on Saturday. I'll go for an unfussy 2-0 win.

Must win. My ideal formation would be:

Cech

Iva-Cahill-Luiz-Bertrand

Romeu

Essien-Meireles

Mata

Sturidge-Lukaku

In the end, regardless of the formation we need to put Arsenal under pressure. We must really take advantage of our match being befor theirs.

Coles apparently injured so expect Bertrand to play. Hopefully Di Matteo puts out a team that are wanting to get stuck in, the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation would be a good idea to try with Lukaku and Drogba upfront maybe? or Sturridge and Lukaku/Drogba. Game against Stoke seems like the right sort of one for Lukaku, big strong physical player, hopefully battle the center backs if he plays but if Drogba plays I'd expect him to battle as well as he didn't play too bad against West Brom and won the majority of aerial duels if we shall call them that haha.

Preferably see Cahill and Luiz starting again at center back tbh, partnership is improving with the more games they get together. Would like to see Romeu in the midfield guarding the defense with Essien Lampard and then Mata at the tip of the diamond.

See us turning Stoke over 2 or 3-0 tbh, not going to be a nice match for the eyes though can tell already its going to be fill of rough challenges in the midfield and a whole lot of long balls and crosses. Hopefully we win, then Arsenal cock up against Newcastle who on their day aren't too bad !

Look at the way we played the last game....

Di Matteo played the 4-3-3 very well and when Torres or any of our main strikers can't find form, we can still remain competitive and score

The team should be the one below:

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Cole/Bertrand

Mikel/Romeu

Ramires/Merieles - Essien

Sturridge - Lukaku/Drogba - Mata

Reserves: If we are comfortably winning put on Torres, Lampard...maybe he can find some form or assist :D

If we are losing/drawing (70th min) put on Ramires, Romeu and counter...

I wouldn't start Essien, he seems like he is still a little worried about his injury and might not win as much 50/50 ball as he used to. So I would play Mikel, he had a pretty good game against Birmingham. We all calling for Lukaku because we curious to see him, we don't know enough about him, so please show us!

-----------------Cech------------

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz -Bertrand

----------------Essien------------

---------Ramires - Meireles-----

-----------------Mata--------------

-----------Torres - Sturridge-----

Like that line up , though i cant see Torres starting , it will be drogs up front with mata and danny next to him ....same old

sb_lt_logo.png Saturday 10th March - 3pm

b_4.pngCHELSEA vs STOKE CITY b_38.png

----------------------------Stamford Bridge

Head-to-Head Record

League - Played 75

Chelsea Wins 35

Draw 18

Stoke City Wins 22

Total - Played 86

Chelsea Wins 38

Draw 21

Stoke City Wins 27

Last Meetings (EPL)

Stoke 0-0 Chelsea - 14th August 2011

Chelsea 1-1 Stoke - 2nd April 2011

Walters '8 (Stoke) ; Drogba '33 (CHE)

Stoke 0-2 Chelsea - 28th August 2010

Malouda '31 (CHE) ; Drogba '77 (p) (CHE)

Chelsea 7-0 Stoke - 25th April 2010

Kalou (CHE) '24 '31 '68 ; Lampard (CHE) '44(p) '81 ; Sturridge (CHE) '87 ; Malouda (CHE) '89

Stoke 1-2 Chelsea - 12th September 2009

Faye (Stoke) '32 ; Drogba (CHE) '45 ; Malouda (CHE) '90

b_4.pngCHELSEA

Table

5th - 46pts - W 13 D 7 L 7 GF 47 GA 32 +15

Recent Form

DDLWL - 5pts

v West Brom 0-1 (A)

v Bolton 3-0 (H)

v Everton 2-0 (A)

v Manchester City 3-3 (H)

v Swansea 1-1 (A)

Top Scorer

Frank Lampard 10

Last Games Line-up (FA Cup v Birmingham)

4-3-2-1

Cech | Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand | Ramires, Mikel, Meireles | Kalou, Mata | Torres

b_38.pngSTOKE CITY

Table

10th - 27pts - W 10 D 6 L 11 GF 27 GA 38 -11

Recent Form

LLLWW - 6pts

v Norwich 1-0 (H)

v Swansea 2-0 (H)

v Fulham 1-2 (A)

v Sunderland 0-1 (H)

v Manchester United 0-2 (A)

Top Scorer

Petre Crouch 11

Last Games Line-up

4-4-2

Begovic | Wilkinsin, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson | Sholton, Whelan, Whitehead, Etherington | Walters, Crouch

----------

Stoke City have won their last two games and kept a clean sheet in both of them, but lost 4 striaght before that. They have only scored 27 goals in the Premier League this season, that ranks them 2nd last for goals scored in the PL this season.

I think we should start Torres over Drogba, I thought he was good mid week against Birmingham, worked hard and created a good chance for Sturridge and won a penalty, he missed some easy chances but his getting close.

RDM must not play Kalou, bring Sturridge in for Kalou, play Bertrand at left back again he was pretty good against Birmingham, and I'm not sure if he'll play Lampard over Meireles after that superb goal, but I think Essien will come in for Mikel.

I reckon we'll keep a clean sheet and win this narrowly 1-0 with Torres scoring the goal

Prediction

Chelsea 1-0 Stoke City

Torres should play. His passing was good against Birmingham. He probably has low confidence. A few good games could get him in scoring form.

Ya right :cry:

Havent we said this about torres like every game this year. One goal away from his liverpool days......