New Chelsea Manager

The illusion has crumbled. Only looking back at his reign of terror now, do I realise how poorly he did.

A bit harsh? You have to question the players' commitment tonight, even if André was a right c*nt, no excuses for playing without heart for the fans.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit harsh? You have to question the players' commitment tonight, even if André was a right c*nt, no excuses for playing without heart for the fans.

I suppose you are right in some ways.

I think of it like this, you go to work and your boss is a wanker. It is hard to get motivated, right? Even with the support of your family and friends it can get rather hard to pull yourself out of bed in the morning just so you can go work with your wanker of a boss. I hope that makes sense.

Besides, the players have been professional footballers for years and take a lot of thing for granted, things that we the average fan would kill to do.

I suppose you are right in some ways.

I think of it like this, you go to work and your boss is a wanker. It is hard to get motivated, right? Even with the support of your family and friends it can get rather hard to pull yourself out of bed in the morning just so you can go work with your wanker of a boss. I hope that makes sense.

Besides, the players have been professional footballers for years and take a lot of thing for granted, things that we the average fan would kill to do.

Yeah I suppose so, but it's like Sam said last night, it makes this victory bittersweet because we have to realise what awfulness we've been seeing of the last few months. Delighted they did finally decide to 'put up,or shut up' but it's just disappointing it took till mid-March to see that.

I think Terry should be our first player to coach under the Roman era.

RDM should continue coaching Chelsea, and Terry to come in as assistant in a season or two so he can learn till he is ready to fill the role.

In 5 years time Terry should be the manager of Chelsea. He commands the respect of the players and the club. He knows what Chelsea needs, but he won't be able to do it alone which is why people like RDM, Zola and such must be with him.

Is time we stop going about all these exotic managers, (like me with Bielsa :D ) and bring back the player to coach back at Chelsea. It was a great hit under Bates, it surely can be done again! blue%20scalf.gif

Time for Terry

Blues skipper is the perfect candidate to fill boss' chair, says Jeff

Jeff Stelling Posted 15th March 2012

Chelsea are looking for a new permanent manager - and the obvious choice is right under their nose.

John Terryspacer.gif was the reason the Blues were galvanised and unified against Napolispacer.gif on Wednesday night and he could be the man to end the footballing form of Russian roulette that is the job of Chelseaspacer.gif boss.

A lot of people were having fun on Twitter after the Champions League victory saying that John Terry has now played one and won one as Chelsea manager, and that he took himself off before the end of the game so he could have a look at things from the bench.

However, Terry admitted last April that he would love to manage Chelsea one day - and I see very few reasons why he couldn't take over this summer.

I know that, at 31 years of age, he is young - and, okay, Andre Villas-Boas wasn't a great advocate for youthful managers in his time at Stamford Bridge - but that's not necessarily a weakness.

Kenny Dalglish was only 34 when he became player-manager at Liverpool in the '80s, Pep Guardiola was 37 when he started to manage Barcelona,spacer.gif while Brendan Rodgersspacer.gif and Roberto Martinez took over sides in their early 30s; there is plenty to suggest it can work at the right club.

I think Terry would have to begin as player-manager, because Chelsea can't really do without him on the pitch at the moment, but it's a role I think he could succeed in.

He obviously has authority, and the ear of the squad, whether that be the experienced internationals or the junior stars at the club.

He knows Chelsea's heritage having been there so long and I'm sure he'd have the backing of the owner, Roman Abramovich,spacer.gif with whom he is on first-name terms.

Expectations

I know Terry is not everyone's favourite and I know he rubs some people up the wrong way, but because of who he is, the epitome of Chelsea, there is a likelihood that he would be given something that few Blues managers are afforded - time.

With what's happened in the Premier League this season, expectations have been lowered. If he took over before the next campaign, he wouldn't be expected to go out and win the league at the first attempt, which is what was anticipated under Carlo Ancelottispacer.gif and Villas-Boas.

He's a natural leader, as we've seen when he has dished out team talks before, during and after games, as well as in his exploits with England. That is precisely what Chelsea need and precisely what they didn't get from Villas-Boas.

Terry would also be strong enough to say to the elder statesmen in the squad, the players that have been his team-mates for the best part of a decade, when they were no longer required - even though the performances of Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard against Napoli suggested that day could still be a long way off.

At the same time, there is no reason to suggest that Terry wouldn't be a technically-astute coach. He has enough footballing knowledge, if not the coaching badges, and I'm sure he has plenty of tactical nous.

Terry would need an experienced right-hand man, in the way 31-year-old MK Dons manager Karl Robinson has the much-travelled John Gorman as his number two. Ray Wilkins, Gianfranco Zolaspacer.gif or perhaps, Gianluca Vialli, would be very popular assistant bosses and have the experience that Terry could lean on.

Chelsea fans have been crying out for some stability and I think Terry could be the figure to give them that, and although he won't admit it openly, deep down Terry is probably thinking the same thing.

Unfortunately for JT, his raw leadership qualities alone won't be enough for a successful transition into football management, ask Roy Keane. If we HAD to give one of the current crop a management position in the future, I'd rather it be a thinker like Lampard.

All the articles reporting that Lampard had an absurdly high IQ score said Terry also had a very high score.

Dr Brian English, the football club’s doctor, conducted the IQ tests as part of a research project looking at the relationship between head injuries and neurological development. Dr English has reportedly said ‘Frank Lampard scored one of the highest set of marks ever recorded by the company doing the tests.’

Mensa reported that Frank, and Frank alone had a 'significantly' higher score than any other player including JT. Regardless of that fact, Lampard comes across as the type who would succeed in such a role, his character, way with words, his background etc. He's also taken a note from Jose's book in media manipulation this season, so all signs point to a successful managerial future.

Mensa reported that Frank, and Frank alone had a 'significantly' higher score than any other player including JT. Irregardless of that fact, Lampard comes across as the type who would succeed in such a role, his character, way with words, his background etc. He's also taken a note from Jose's book in media manipulation this season, so all signs point to a successful managerial future.

I agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I think Terry could have success in the future. He's not as thick as people make him out to be.

And since I still think Lampard must be kicked out of the club this summer for being an arragont tosser, he certainly shouldnot be manager

That's exactly what you want in a manager ... look at Mou and Fergie, hearing them talk you would think el dorado is between their butt cracks.

Frank/JT co-management?

Or will they turn on each other and try to get the other sacked? lol just kidding

I've never seen JT as someone who could become a successful manager. Maybe he'd do well in the lower leagues/with a smaller club. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Frank definitely has the intelligence, and he's great with the media side of it too. Always knows what he's saying, what impact it'll have, etc. He comes across as extremely diplomatic but he knows exactly what's going on. JT could be a disaster with this, lol. Not sure how tactically-aware he is?? I'm sure both will get their coaching badges once they retire.