• SUB - Fernando Torres
    • SUB - Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Raul Meireles

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What hurts so much is that we wait all week to watch these blokes and we are left empty yet again. Its just not the same anymore. Even under Carlo in the last season we still had a fear factor, under avb we are useless. Everybody keeps saying " give him time" and"its the old guard" but to be honest, I think he is just a hoax. His tactics are stale and refuses to change his formation. Things aren't looking great and I fear it will only get worse.

The future?

hmmm...

another manager comes in *not Mourinho*, doesn't spend, same thing happens but worse, then there goes the cycle.

Damn those cheap ass managers, holding the purse strings so tight! If only we could get a rich manager to improve our squad!

Oh wait... do managers fund the club....?

What hurts so much is that we wait all week to watch these blokes and we are left empty yet again. Its just not the same anymore. Even under Carlo in the last season we still had a fear factor, under avb we are useless. Everybody keeps saying " give him time" and"its the old guard" but to be honest, I think he is just a hoax. His tactics are stale and refuses to change his formation. Things aren't looking great and I fear it will only get worse.

I agree. Lets bring Avram Grant back, almost won the Champions League with him.

Yep, tactics. Its definitely the tactics.

It's very tough time right now for all Chelsea fans.

But we must keep up the faith.

If things look bad right now, just think about our future. Kakuta, Piazon, Josh, Courtois and much more!

KTBFFH

Yeah i can see it now...

Kakuta goes to Lyon- Tears it up there, leading scorer his first season

Piazon goes to Ac Milan- becomes the next kaka

McEachran gives the ole' fuck you to Chelsea and goes to Arsenal- Partnership with Wilshere becomes better than Xavi and Iniesta

Courtois goes to Madrid after he gets pissed that we are playing error prone Cech till he's 40

Our future of wasting talent does look bright...

You were watching the wrong game...

Alex, maybe you should watch the repeat on the telly cause Cole was awful IMO. Perhaps because you were there, it didn't seem that way to you and the other away fans. I've only been to a game once, but I realized that it definitely distorts players' performances at times. If you still feel that way after you've seen the game again, then fair enough, but he was awful in every sense yesterday imo - apart from that one good clearance from the cross & the cross he provided for Lampard right at the end. He got beat by Odemwingie too many times in the first half and in the second he made some abysmal errors which gifted them 3 or 4 chances on goal

Not in the mood to post anything constructive so here are a few short points on the game:

• Sturridge lost us the match in a fashion even Torres would be ashamed of.
  • Our most talented player, Mata, looked like his technical skills abandoned him.
  • I actually noticed Lampard was playing in the 44th minute. It's not that he wasn't running around, it's that he looked like he belonged to neither team..
  • Only Drogba Luiz and probably Essien & Brana had an acceptable game.

Good post though I disagree about Iva, he was often out of position in defending and was not able stop a single cross from coming in. Cahil on the other hand had a good game imo.

Cech was MOTM for me. He made a couple of truly great saves.

Alex, maybe you should watch the repeat on the telly cause Cole was awful IMO. Perhaps because you were there, it didn't seem that way to you and the other away fans. I've only been to a game once, but I realized that it definitely distorts players' performances at times. If you still feel that way after you've seen the game again, then fair enough, but he was awful in every sense yesterday imo - apart from that one good clearance from the cross & the cross he provided for Lampard right at the end. He got beat by Odemwingie too many times in the first half and in the second he made some abysmal errors which gifted them 3 or 4 chances on goal

Already rewatched it. He made some excellent interceptions, and was always an attacking outlet.

Besides Lamps being fit for a match every 3 weeks and Sturridge needing someone like Fergie

to convince him no to shoot every ball he gets (and stop missing half of them), what bothered me the

most was the bench. I mean, the starting lineup was fine, but we were stuck. So if AVB wanted to make a change,

he had 1 "striker" (Torres), 3 (!!!) defensive midfielders, 1 full back (Hutch) and 1 walking dead player (Malouda).

Who FFS can make an attacking change?! NO ONE.

We are lacking so many creative players. Lukas Piazon must get a spot.

PS Just saw Stoch scoring another wonder-goal in Turkey, such a miss :(