A Great Awakening

Justin_3d

He took no shit from Shahktar too for Willian, but fair enough i don't like that either, i don't like buying players for 30 million and over. Infact i hate it, but it just pissed me off that when we didn't get Willian we didn't get someone else, i heard Juventus don't want Krasic anymore, did we even try to sign him on a loan or anything?, we should of got someone, even if it was Matt Jarvis or Victor Moses for a daft few million, we needed a winger, but most of all a creative midfielder but they are very expensive unfortuantely.

I remember wanting Nzogbia, Piennar and Srna cause they would be easier to get and cheaper....And from the look of it, such a view has turn out wrong!

Thus I don't think buying a Moses or Jarvis would be ideal. We might end up with another Meireles! <_<

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember wanting Nzogbia, Piennar and Srna cause they would be easier to get and cheaper....And from the look of it, such a view has turn out wrong!

Thus I don't think buying a Moses or Jarvis would be ideal. We might end up with another Meireles! <_<

Well then what?, sorry but it's usually 50/50, for us 80/20 (80 for flop) we have to spend. But we should at least buy some players, Moses is quality and very underrated, as for Jarvis i havent seen enough of him but i think he's good but that's it, nothing special and gets mentioned a lot cause he's english. Was there best player last season though.

I'm not sure Roman has this kind of project. He brings a young manager but where are the new players? If AVB believed the squad was good enough, the owner and the board could had said "stop the bullshit, get this money and buy some players".

I really cant believe anyone who knows one thing or two about the game thought we could do better than this with this squad. The only reason I hate AVB is the fact he did not buy more players in the summer, and he is not trying anything special in his line-ups, like trying to use Luiz in another position.

At least now people will realize its time for an overhaul, because same guys now saying AVB must stay and Drogba, Terry and Lampard must go, are the same who were saying our squad was good enough, only 2 or 3 players were needed, Lampard, Drogba and Terry had several years left and that kind of bullshit.

I'm not sure Roman has this kind of project. He brings a young manager but where are the new players? If AVB believed the squad was good enough, the owner and the board could had said "stop the bullshit, get this money and buy some players".

I really cant believe anyone who knows one thing or two about the game thought we could do better than this with this squad. The only reason I hate AVB is the fact he did not buy more players in the summer, and he is not trying anything special in his line-ups, like trying to use Luiz in another position.

At least now people will realize its time for an overhaul, because same guys now saying AVB must stay and Drogba, Terry and Lampard must go, are the same who were saying our squad was good enough, only 2 or 3 players were needed, Lampard, Drogba and Terry had several years left and that kind of bullshit.

Lampard and Drogba do have a few years left if they accept lesser roles but it is becoming increasingly clear they wont so they will be gone in the summer.

Luiz got tried in other position's for Benfica, at left back he wasn't very good, at defensive midfield he was average, he started seeing his potential when he was a regular centre back.

Our mistake in the summer was focusing too much on Modric, we should have just given up on him and gone for Moutinho.

The last 5 managers we have had AVB has been our worst performance wise manager.

If you look at it, we basically have the same team as last season but with better additions such as Mata, but yet we're not improving and are only going backwards from last season.

If we fail to make the Champions League next season we wont attract the big players no matter how much money we throw at them.

Managers in the past that haven't been doing well have been sacked right away, I don't know why it's different this time around, it is because we don't want to be seen as a club that just goes through managers every season? It's like any workforce if your doing your job poor and not getting the results you'll get sacked.

I really think the fault lies in both parties. Board for not providing the wisdom that more player was needed at that moment and AVB naivety.

But surely such a mistake is not warrent for a sack?

When you hired such a young inexperience manager you are bound to have such fucks up. And to not take this event into your equation just tells of your foolishness.

If anything it should be a good learning experience for AVB and the club. They have learned a lot this season, about the old back bone, and the new emerging back bone of the club.

As Ray Wilkings said, sacking AVB right now would only risk taking us back to the beginning.

So we got to face it, AVB might not have been the first choice by some members of the board, (including me :D ) but our stand must still be the same. Get rid of most of these players at all cost this summer.

And as we learned from the past, average to mediocre managers like Avram Grant can lead a descent team to near greatness! :P

We have a young manager who has a long-term project which means there had to be a peroid of time which he needed to be calm and collective to judge the talent who we have at the current time who could fit the project which he wants to build. Unfortunately, this whole season is going to be a peroid which should have been started with a somewhat small overhaul in the January window, or some kind of indication after pre-season. But, the manager decide to wait it out relying on the backbone of the squad to make the most of what they had for the summer - which has, maybe for the second time, ended with a seemingly the same conclusion with Carlo and last season, the team hasn't been playing to the capacity it can.

The major difference for me is that Roman backs AvB rather then rationalising with the players and for another manager to be sent on there way with a back pocket of millions. AvB has brought in some promising players, Romeu and Mata, started with some dead wood, Anelka and Alex, but i think we can only fully get an indication of what is the full outscale of his plan in the summer. Hopefully he will give more youth chances, and sign only what is needed - winger, striker, right-back, etc. But due to the fact AvB is so young, and was given a team that is falling onto bitter days with only some hopefuls, you can't create something with people that don't have the same dedication nor heart.

AvB has made some mistakes, but not as many as the players that don't give it there all with every performance. We should be more determined to take it game-by-game rather then saying an objective only for it to become an obstacle. Despite the hard time AvB is having in his first season here, doesn't spefically mean that next season would be the same. Patience and heart is what is need between now and May - for both us, the fans, and for our players.

Good read, but I don't think this project will take flight.

AVB is really bad, can't muster any good game against Bolton currently.

He was brought to play good exciting football, and his football is horrible.

He will be sack before the next game if can't get a win against Bolton.

I will only quote myself again:

Get rid of most of these players at all cost this summer.

Chelsea sucks ass. And people are delusional to think this team should be doing good.

The spark of creativity we had for this game came from a defender. A defender!!!

Sorry but until you get rid of the slow midfield we got, and bring some players who can play fast tempo and create good passes we ain't never going to do good with any new manager.

you obviously forgot a game lasts 90 minutes

if you were smart you would edit your post