A Great Awakening

Justin_3d

Managerial go around, players obsess with power, lack of youth integration and more; in all, a club in total chaos!

But is there a hint of a change?

If reports are to believe that Roman has had it with these ego mania superstars, and totally back AVB to continue “his project”, then we might see the rise of something “Special”.

When Roman came, Chelsea where fighting for top 4 places, FA cups and such. But where also close to financial doom.

The expansion of Chelsea FC is unique in the history of this sport. Never has it been seen a sudden rise from an average team to elite status in little over a decade.

Now Chelsea commands respect, big fan base, and increasing shares in revenues. The greatest feature out of all this is that contrary to most clubs, Chelsea FC has no debt obligation whatsoever. It has no interest to pay to nobody.

The only thing that hinders the club from producing great gains is the massive wage bill it pays to its superstars, a byproduct of Chelsea sudden rise into popularity within the game.

But resent trends are showing a willingness to curve this spending, a spending that if well control can help increase cash flow for further operations.

The youth academy has come a long way since Roman started pouring money in it. But with a fast expansion of Chelsea FC it would take at least a decade to see some progress as a revolution of infrastructure is not fast to change as a revolution of a squad.

And we are finally starting to see some of the work by the scouting department in recent depart like Borini and Sinclair. They might not achieve superstar’s status like Ronaldo and company, but an increase of quality in recruiting and scouting department of such players show much improve progress.

And what can be said about building an identity? Most successful club have lived and died by a philosophy that has become their identity. Our identity was imbedded by the “Special One” but an identity that was not with the mandates of Roman.

Today we are at the crossroad of that identity. Do we build on it or tear it down apart and build a new one? The latter one would be the plans of Roman, but is it realistic?

Well all I can say is that now that we have an improving youth infrastructure, the club needs a manager that can help bridge the gap to the senior team. But to do this you need some manager stability for at least 5 years. It will be very hard to achieve youth integration with constantly new managers ideas, as once stated by recent depart Sinclair.

Also the trend of reduced spending in wages should buckle under one figure authority. No more panic buys that leads to massive wages being misplaced.

If Roman is series about this "AVB project" then all it needs is more water, which in this contexture is time. All the right ingredients are there, and if Roman really has learned from his past mistakes, he will not stop in front of this great project.

Chelsea right now is on the edge of total failure, or total renewal to become one of the most successful fear club of the decade.

So it’s up to you to decide. Do we make 2012 as the year where our world ends? Or we make 2012 as the year of a new awakening?

-Justin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good effort. Two things though -

The expansion of Chelsea FC is unique in the history of this sport. Never has it been seen a sudden rise from an average team to elite status in little over a decade.

Incorrect - Chelsea were established as one of the top 5-6 sides for a while before Roman arrived, a bridesmaid-but-never-the-bride sort. City on the other hand were a real mediocre mid-table team pre Abu Dhabi, more of a rabbit-out-of-the-hat in that respect.

The greatest feature out of all this is that contrary to most clubs, Chelsea FC has no debt obligation whatsoever. It has no interest to pay to nobody.

While the highlighted part is true, Chelsea FC are not debt-free. Roman has invested over £800 million in the club through loans from Fordstam Ltd, Chelsea's holding company. The loans are repayable at 18 months' notice, if Roman ever decides to up and go. Our loans are merely interest-free, but they remain that - loans.

I currently have no answer to why we should keep AVB or not, my answer to it is: he needs to prove himself, to me and to everybody else.

For me he has shown he's an average manager, and in bad times he cannot motivate players, sort them out, bad subs, stupid decisions such as Benayoun on loan so pointless... and there seems to be so many fighting no team spirit, also lack of youth especially Bertrand who gets treated like a backup player.

Only thing i can think of what i've been impressed about by AVB are his signings, Mata, classic signing and has potential to be one of our best players we've had, Romeu another quality signing the kid has tonnes of potential, if it's true that we have a choice to not give him back to Barca then AVB deserves a pat on the back, Cahill he is looking good, don't let statistics fool you yes we have lost twice and drew once with him playing, but if you watch him play he's been really good defensivly, i love his concentration he never seems to switch off.

But to come to a conclusion of my points, what's the point in AVB having his full team, if when the players go out of form, how is he going to motivate them?, how is he going to change there ways?, if we are losing how on earth is he going to bring on a substitution or change the tactics and change the game completely and benefit us, in the struggle how is AVB going to cope with all these players?, will he?, i doubt it coming to look what i've seen of his progress so far at Chelsea.

But that's why my answer isn't complete, i want to give him more time, see if he can prove himself. I really hope he can prove himself because i like the bloke in general and with his own players i think he could show himself as a quality manager.

But the biggest mistake was not buying players, but i don't know what went on in the background, but still i'm sure he would of been able to buy some more players, and have backup plans if they go wrong, okay we didn't get Willian, then get someone else for fuck sake, try and get someone on loan if you don't want to buy a player for 6months then just leave him... it just really irratates me how someone can look at this diabolic shit team and not make any changes what so ever in 2 fucking transfer windows.

Good effort. Two things though -

Incorrect - Chelsea were established as one of the top 5-6 sides for a while before Roman arrived, a bridesmaid-but-never-the-bride sort. City on the other hand were a real mediocre mid-table team pre Abu Dhabi, more of a rabbit-out-of-the-hat in that respect.

While the highlighted part is true, Chelsea FC are not debt-free. Roman has invested over £800 million in the club through loans from Fordstam Ltd, Chelsea's holding company. The loans are repayable at 18 months' notice, if Roman ever decides to up and go. Our loans are merely interest-free, but they remain that - loans.

Maybe I should rephrase that, Chelsea where not really known worldwide. With the Roman revolution, Chelsea has become a worldwide brand.

That is the sign of an elite team.

Before Chelsea where more like a Napoli or Spurs, good enough to compete against some teams, but not good enough to go the extra mile.

And your last point is true, which is why I believe that if Roman is serious about the club then he will continue such a project.

Otherwise he might get easily bored after seeing nothing works for him and leaves frustrated. I really see that sacking AVB could easily orchestrate such event. Because we might get Benitez, and then fire him, go on with the next one, fire him and never stop till it gets boring for him.

He's only had one actual time to buy players: summer. January signings are usually last-minute buys and temporary because of the inflated prices. Give AVB credit; he hasn't been here one season, but can recognize the problems and is planning a "clear-out". He recalled Sturridge, bought Mata and Cahill, and have all been good players. He's changed 1/4 of the first-team in a few months. Now how many coaches have the guts to do that? To speak his mind and impose his ideas like the coach should do. He even has Abramovich's full support, which is more than we can say about any previous managers. Obviously he's been give an immense amount of trust, just not by some of our fickle fans.

Also, there is no crisis(1/3 of the season is left). It's a tad overkill when people imply that. The truth is that Chelsea is not a powerhouse, and hasn't ever been, so to expect a fantastic season every year is a bit over-zealous. That's how it seems anyways. People threatening to not support the club anymore because of some bad results.....smh! They've only been a good, not great, club. It's only been a successful decade, if that, and people dare to mention them in the same breath as Real Madrid, Manchester United, Barcelona, the Milans, etc. The club is beginning to rise. It's not there yet, so let's be more realistic.

:goodpost:

To further aid my current topic of why this project should be giving the time that it merits, look no further then to read about one of my fav coach in actuality.

Bielsa at Bilbao.

The writer does a great deed by going into a lot of details about Bielsa past and philosophy.

Amazingly AVB hard time now, sounds strangely familiar to Bielsa's hard time with Bilbao in his first few months.

AVB got great potential but little experienced. He makes mistakes, yes, but just like Bielsa. Bielsa managed to turn around because he has more experience.

AVB lack of experience should not be a motive to sack. He is here, and must be kept!

Marcelo Bielsa finally begins to get a tune out of Athletic Bilbao

But the opposition was growing, too. Bielsa not only sought to change Athletic's history and identity but he sought to do it quickly, too. Perhaps too quickly. Constructing something takes time; making it work, even longer. The trouble was, would there be patience?

And, flipping the coin over, had Bielsa shown sufficient patience with his own project and his new club? Had he given players time to understand his ideas and to reach the levels of fitness necessary to carry it out? Had he run before they could walk? At the very start, he ditched nine players, including the former national champion of Greco-Roman wrestling, Koikili

Did Athletic really have the players to play the Bielsa way, especially with Herera injured? And what on earth was he doing with players out of position?

Some accused him of trying to be too clever for his own good. The players wondered if he was not going just that little bit too far, too fast. The good news is that Bielsa, too, wondered. Against PSG in midweek, there was a more Athletic Bilbao look about them; a hybrid of what they always were and what he aspires to be; against Real Sociedad, likewise.

http://www.guardian....-bilbao-la-liga

I currently have no answer to why we should keep AVB or not, my answer to it is: he needs to prove himself, to me and to everybody else.

For me he has shown he's an average manager, and in bad times he cannot motivate players, sort them out, bad subs, stupid decisions such as Benayoun on loan so pointless... and there seems to be so many fighting no team spirit, also lack of youth especially Bertrand who gets treated like a backup player.

Only thing i can think of what i've been impressed about by AVB are his signings, Mata, classic signing and has potential to be one of our best players we've had, Romeu another quality signing the kid has tonnes of potential, if it's true that we have a choice to not give him back to Barca then AVB deserves a pat on the back, Cahill he is looking good, don't let statistics fool you yes we have lost twice and drew once with him playing, but if you watch him play he's been really good defensivly, i love his concentration he never seems to switch off.

But to come to a conclusion of my points, what's the point in AVB having his full team, if when the players go out of form, how is he going to motivate them?, how is he going to change there ways?, if we are losing how on earth is he going to bring on a substitution or change the tactics and change the game completely and benefit us, in the struggle how is AVB going to cope with all these players?, will he?, i doubt it coming to look what i've seen of his progress so far at Chelsea.

But that's why my answer isn't complete, i want to give him more time, see if he can prove himself. I really hope he can prove himself because i like the bloke in general and with his own players i think he could show himself as a quality manager.

But the biggest mistake was not buying players, but i don't know what went on in the background, but still i'm sure he would of been able to buy some more players, and have backup plans if they go wrong, okay we didn't get Willian, then get someone else for fuck sake, try and get someone on loan if you don't want to buy a player for 6months then just leave him... it just really irratates me how someone can look at this diabolic shit team and not make any changes what so ever in 2 fucking transfer windows.

I wanted to add something.

In the summer AVB was on the chase for a defender, and that one was Cahill, but was quoted at 20 something odd millions.

Now he got his man for 7 mill.

In the past I have stated how managers go desperate and blow stupid money like we did with Torres!

Yes he should have bought more, but at the time the players he wanted like Pereiera, Modric and such where quoted at high inflated prices.

So far in the Roman era, AVB has turn out to be an astute manager when it comes to buying players at good value, something I crave for.

If he is still here in the summer, we can further evaluate how such skills work.

I wanted to add something.

In the summer AVB was on the chase for a defender, and that one was Cahill, but was quoted at 20 something odd millions.

Now he got his man for 7 mill.

In the past I have stated how managers go desperate and blow stupid money like we did with Torres!

Yes he should have bought more, but at the time the players he wanted like Pereiera, Modric and such where quoted at high inflated prices.

So far in the Roman era, AVB has turn out to be an astute manager when it comes to buying players at good value, something I crave for.

If he is still here in the summer, we can further evaluate how such skills work.

He took no shit from Shahktar too for Willian, but fair enough i don't like that either, i don't like buying players for 30 million and over. Infact i hate it, but it just pissed me off that when we didn't get Willian we didn't get someone else, i heard Juventus don't want Krasic anymore, did we even try to sign him on a loan or anything?, we should of got someone, even if it was Matt Jarvis or Victor Moses for a daft few million, we needed a winger, but most of all a creative midfielder but they are very expensive unfortuantely.