Could this be a disaster?

Kojo

Even without the fiancial cost there is still now way in hell we can sack AVB.

We have our core of young, hungry players who are a while away from their peak and have everything to prove. DL4, Rami, Romeu, Danny, Mata we could even add Ivanovic and to a lesser extent Cahill and Bertrand add to that list also add the young talent we have out of loan, the only problem is they are being "suffocated" by the players who are either past their peak, lost their hunger or cant be assed, we need to let the well fed "superstars" go to let those guys spread the wings and establish themself.

remember how Ronaldo and Rooney shot to talents to world class players once Keane and Van Nisseroy left United?

Same with Barca, Iniesta and Messi only truly started to show us what they were about once Deco and Ronaldinho departed.

Real is another example with Raul and Guti, club legend's but Real put the good of their progression ahead of sentiment something we need to do this summer.

We let the big ego's leave this summer and getother young, hungry players in then i feel we will start seeing what David Luiz and Juan Mata especially (others aswell) are truly about.

Great view Tomo, i didn't think about it that way, you could be right. I have faith in David Luiz even if he doesn't come great this season, but i have faith in him to become a good centre back for us, he can learn, he's not the first centre back to make mistakes like that. I also think we will see the best of Ramires if the team start playing well, i've noticed Ramires plays exceptional when everyone else is playing well, i can see him flourishing if others do. I think Ramires is a good player at the moment, might be able to turn world class who knows, but i don't think he's a player who we can rely on, yes we will miss him in midfield obviously, but he doesn't make our midfield super good either, but he would do if we had other good players with him, rather than Raul Meireles and Frank Lampard who lose the ball constantly and put in bad performances.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't finish in the top4 it will be a disaster. Why?Finacialy and because we need radical changes. Will Hazard for example come to a team not playing in the Champions League or rather go to City who will probably be the Champions?

As it has been said, we get that top4 finish, AVB survived the season and assesed the players and the PL itself. Hopefully we can do good business in the summer and then see what the young portuguese can do.

This is all I care about this season, top4 finish. Everything above that is a luxury.

I would only agree with your view if i knew 100 percent or had huge faith in Abramovich not sacking AVB with a trophyless season and 4th finish, i cannot see it happening. Yes financial fair play is coming in, but i can't see that getting in the way of Roman. Am i being passimist?, probably, but i have my reasons to be also with Abramovich.

I would only agree with your view if i knew 100 percent or had huge faith in Abramovich not sacking AVB with a trophyless season and 4th finish, i cannot see it happening. Yes financial fair play is coming in, but i can't see that getting in the way of Roman. Am i being passimist?, probably, but i have my reasons to be also with Abramovich.

You never know with Roman, but I doubt Andre would get an axe.

Why bring an unproven 33 year old manager and expect him to win a trophy in his 1st season with an aging mediocre squad in the toughest league in the world?

If Andre does get a sack, then we will archieve nothing, become clowns of football again and spend money for sacking him rather then bringing someone like Hazard.

I agree that the team is currently shit, but wats the harm in giving avb a full season to build and experiment to be fully prepared next season?

Carlo prob should have stayed, but thats in the past, so sticking with avb is a practical option.

I mean our threat for fourth is newcastle so we gotta be real shit if we dont make top four... No worries.

It's posts like this i despise and i didn't want on my topic, look many on this thread have disagreed with me, but they havent went to the boundries you have just went. Just because i think we need to spend money even if financial fair play is in just to actually get a team because i think what's best, doesn't make me a plastic fan or spoilt as you make me out to be, please if you're going to be like that then don't post on the topic. This is a forum, if we all thought like you there wouldn't be an arguement now would there?, some people have my views some have yours respect other peoples views please.

This is true, sorry for my angry post... Everyone has his own opinion and it needs to be respected.

It just boils my blood to see all the pessimism.

I definitely do not want Andre to get the sack anytime soon, but I am genuinely worried about our chances of getting CL football next season. We are only 5 and 4 points ahead of Arsenal and Liverpool respectively. A defeat on Sunday would mean that goes down even further. Liverpool are capable of beating the bigger teams. They're always up for those games. If they manage to get someone scoring regularly then they'll be able to turn those draws into wins because their defense is superb and they can count on only having to score one or two goals max to win a game.

We should be able to get fourth, but our recent performances and lack of desire make me very worried indeed.

The results we had against City and Valencia are the ones that irritate me the most this season...Those games showed what levels the current team is capable of reaching this season, but we're simply too complacent to keep it going.

Absolutely. This is why I am so worried. Because the team simply does not have the motivation anymore when we play the "smaller" teams. We can't take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Absolutely. This is why I am so worried. Because the team simply does not have the motivation anymore when we play the "smaller" teams. We can't take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Yeah, do you remember how Cole supposedly berated the City players after the game? That and the way Drogba and co. celebrated after the match, made me feel that our season was going to kick-start from that point...Instead its been all downhill after that...

Yeah, do you remember how Cole supposedly berated the City players after the game? That and the way Drogba and co. celebrated after the match, made me feel that our season was going to kick-start from that point...Instead its been all downhill after that...

Me too. It was sickening to see us follow that up with the 3 consecutive draws which meant that the win was for nothing

This is true, sorry for my angry post... Everyone has his own opinion and it needs to be respected.

It just boils my blood to see all the pessimism.

It's okay my friend, and i will admit i am negative, but it's because there's such little brightness in the team and the season it's hard not to be really.

Agreed, even now we should be playing a lot better, but the team is under performing, i generally believe we are not good enough and not a world class team. We should be playing better, Meireles should be performing better no way is he that bad, and the defence isn't that bad either, Andre needs to sort it out.