Paul Pogba

Madmax

10 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

The biggest football transfer ever on the eve of the start of the season. The hype train will go through the roof if that happens. Media will go wild, every paper will be covered in Pogba here, Pogba there stories, everyone wants a piece. Annoying for the rest of the league, but that's how things are. Sunday would be a good opportunity, community shield and Pogba in the stands who'll be shown time and time again, doesn't get any bigger than this, what a statement that would be.

Careful, you almost sound like a Man United fan here. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Skipper said:

Careful, you almost sound like a Man United fan here. 

I think it's a very good transfer, would have loved Pogba here. Becoming the club who bought the most expensive player in the history of the game so far will lead to a huge media coverage, fact. Some people think he's not worth it, so i posted the video above. Nothing more to see here. :)

If he'd never scored a few long shots for the Vines that circulate on Twitter....things would be different. The entire future landscape of football and the cash involved would at least change more slowly, instead of the stupid fees we're about to get used to for 2-3 years until something happens like a transfer fee cap. Take away his 1.5 to maybe 3 long shot goals per season and what you've got is an Essien or Ballack but who can't defend nor go KABLOW and shoot from 35 yards and consistently have it go in. 

So then what is it he offers? It's never properly answered. Is it physical strength,/presence? In Serie A I can understand that being an asset, but over here it's expected of most players. So essentially it seems he's made out of... the ability to not be pushed off the ball, + the standard central midfielder qualities found in an abundance of players.

His former asset will no longer be an asset here. So. He's a standard central midfielder with qualities found in an abundance of players. Can we agree?

A vine player.

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

The biggest football transfer ever on the eve of the start of the season. The hype train will go through the roof if that happens. Media will go wild, every paper will be covered in Pogba here, Pogba there stories, everyone wants a piece. Annoying for the rest of the league, but that's how things are. Sunday would be a good opportunity, community shield and Pogba in the stands who'll be shown time and time again, doesn't get any bigger than this, what a statement that would be.

This video shows nothing that says to me that he is worth 100m it only shows that Man Utd has the money to buy him.Pogba is a overrated player who is not worth more than 50m.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

A vine player.

This video shows nothing that says to me that he is worth 100m it only shows that Man Utd has the money to buy him.Pogba is a overrated player who is not worth more than 50m.

Nah, mate. What really matters for some is that the team that's gonna pay those money for him is managed by the GOD Jose Mourinho. All that other details are perfectly acceptable, under these circumstances. If this would've happened while Moyes was still there, I am 100% sure that the same people would've roasted poor David and the whole United board. 

27 minutes ago, Leif said:

If he'd never scored a few long shots for the Vines that circulate on Twitter....things would be different. The entire future landscape of football and the cash involved would at least change more slowly, instead of the stupid fees we're about to get used to for 2-3 years until something happens like a transfer fee cap. Take away his 1.5 to maybe 3 long shot goals per season and what you've got is an Essien or Ballack but who can't defend nor go KABLOW and shoot from 35 yards and consistently have it go in. 

So then what is it he offers? It's never properly answered. Is it physical strength,/presence? In Serie A I can understand that being an asset, but over here it's expected of most players. So essentially it seems he's made out of... the ability to not be pushed off the ball, + the standard central midfielder qualities found in an abundance of players.

His former asset will no longer be an asset here. So. He's a standard central midfielder with qualities found in an abundance of players. Can we agree?

He scores, passes well, has amazing stamina, tackles in abundandance. Oh sorry it's Vidal.

It always looked ridicoulus in Juve midfield when Pogba was the most hyped one yet he had argubly 3 better midfielders around him.

But he passes the eye test well + he is young so that's enough for 100m.

The video above explains it as all i see there is mentioning BRAND and IMAGE.

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

A vine player.

I find it very difficult to discover a player with similar abilities in today's transfer market. Sure he has to learn a thing or two especially in terms 'off the ball', but that's doable, i guess. Experience will help. Just to name a few of his traits:

• strong build
  • dribbling
  • vision
  • shooting ability
  • character

Mixed together gives you a yummy cocktail, imo. I've seen Pogba play against Bayern last season and he looked very good to me, Bayern are no newbies! He stood up against one of the best midfields in the world, don't think a vine player could do that. I thought he was a so-called vine player once, but i've made up my mind. 

United are fed up with taking too many risks and Pogba seems like the safest bet you can get. Important member of a serial league winning team, CL finalist, Euros finalist, all of that at the age of 23.

As you've already mentioned, the video focuses on the money thing, because according to a lot of people Pogba is already widely regarded as a wordclass 'talent'. Juve don't want to sell him, the offer has to be astronomical, United clearly want to get their hands on him at almost any cost and other teams are also sniffing around.

It's not only about what Pogba will cost, no, it's also about what he might bring in. The attention Pogba gets from all around the world his huge and he will most likely become the face of the club in the near future. That drives the price up! Adding inflation to it, about 50 mil. might have done the trick for Modric, but because of his image, definitely not for Pogba. Financial forecast is looking alright!

pogbarevenues.jpg

You have to take these kind of things also into account. The 100 mil. you're forced to pay for this guy who's off the field popular af, will play its part concerning the future turnovers.

At the end of the day Pogba will make United a better team. Success looks more likely with him in the team than otherwise. He's the lost son who wants to come home, how many of these spoiled stars really like it in Manchester?!

Is it really worth the hassle is a choice of personal preference, for me he definitely is, for you not. That's the beauty of football: opinions. We'll see how it goes, if he comes... as always.

9 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

I find it very difficult to discover a player with similar abilities in today's transfer market. Sure he has to learn a thing or two especially in terms 'off the ball', but that's doable, i guess. Experience will help. Just to name a few of his traits:

• strong build
  • dribbling
  • vision
  • shooting ability
  • character

There at least 10 players better than Pogba in every aspect.

How fucking Ironic from JM:lol:

‘I’m very pragmatic on this. The only thing that matters for me is what happens in my house not my neighbours.

‘I already heard two of my colleagues from other Premier League clubs and I have to confess I don’t like it. It’s not ethical.

‘When others do that nobody says anything I don’t speak about the others, they can do what they want.

Just now, Chelsea4 said:

There at least 10 players better than Pogba in every aspect.

I for one couldn't fill such a number, not when things as age are taken into account. But it's your opinion, so i'm just going to leave it here. :)

To me I see it like this.

If your able to afford Pogba then good.

But a team that needs to build like Chelsea, Liverpool and City Pogba is more like a luxurious buy as you need to spend to build in other areas.

You know what. There was a time I'd have had a part in me pants to have a trio of Happy/Varane and Pog but I might be in a minority but honestly think we did a much better thing in buying N'Golo.

Shit man. Think about it.  We got N'Golo for about a quarter of what Pog cost.

And I might be wrong but to me Pog seems like RLC. Slow and akward at times

And apparently from reports Ive seen his salary is £800,000 a week!

I know hes going to sell 100's of thousands of shirts and going to create 1 hellova buzz worldwide but hes just 1 guy and I know we could do some damage with that transfer money.

On 8/5/2016 at 6:48 PM, nono said:

As good as Pogba is their midfield still sucks with Pogba in it. They could have bought a whole new world class midfield with that money.

Sucks, really? Pogba, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Blind, Carrick, Fellaini is not great but far from bad for two positions (a bit much though, maybe one will leave). People used to wank over Schneiderlin like they did with Kante last season. I never agreed with the level of praise he received but I do think he's a good player. I can imagine him playing a lot better under Mourinho than he did for Van Gaal. And I must be one of the few people who actually thinks Herrera is a good player. Good passer, good ball control, good engine, clever, hard worker. I like him.

That's if they get Pogba though. I doubt they will.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You