Fa Cup Qtr Final Draw

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh memories...... was a pretty decent game last time we went there :D

Great Draw, we'll get past them with no problems. The Liverpool one was a one off, dont matter if its home or away, they're no trouble for us. Semi Here we come and i bet we get the mancs at Villa park for 1996 payback (Craig Burley i still hate you for that)

Yup we usually have the bottle to control these teams. An upset would be a massive shock! Any chance you think Pompey could turn over the Mancs?

Every chance, but obviously more if it was in Hampshire. Rednapp knows what hes doing, and Manutd were lucky that Arsenal didn't turn up on Saturday.

It is a very bizarre qtr final draw with so many lower league teams still left in it! There have been some big upsets but at this stage i wouldn't expect anymore. Pompey have a good chance on beating Man you and if they do that would be huge for us.

West Brom in the Semi's would be nice :D

United to beat Portsmouth with ease, I feel. No shock for us in our tie. They'll be full of confidence in front of their own fans but there is no chance Grant will take this lightly after they beat the Scousers

We won't take the game lightly, but it does still give us the oppertunity to rest some players and give players like Sidwell, Ben Haim, Sinclair ect.. a run out without putting the game at risk.

Spot on. I still think Grant will field a relatively strong side, much the same as the one that played at the weekend. BTW this game means the Derby home match will be put back, so we will have a game in hand over le Arse.

Will be 2 games surely because of the CC Final?

Yes the side will be strong for sure. We have the luxury of being able to field a strong second team. In theory we could play the "b" teamers:

.............................Cudicini............................

Ferreira...............Alex.......Ben Haim.........Bridge

...............................Mikel..............................

....................Sidwell...........Lampard................

Wright-Phillips...........Shevchenko............Sinclair/Malouda

Not too shabby :D

Merged your thread with this one Ollie.

Yeah thats probably the best thing to do.

Just heard that the Semi's Are at wembley. Can't believe we're gonna be at wembley again. Twice in 2007 and Twice in 2008. Might aswell make Wembley a 2nd home. If we win the Semi, we'll get a 5th match at the new wembley and its not been open long. All the other teams can fuck off, its our ground :D

we shall not we shall not be moved :blue scalf:

P.S liking the new smilies, I'm gonna thieve them and use em on my MSN :wank2:

Edited by OllieCFC

I kinda wish the semis weren't at Wembley, unless of course it really is the most suitable location between the two sides, such as if we drew Bristol Rovers or Portsmouth or Cardiff City. It overuses Wembley I think. Does suit us at the same time being so close though!

This FA Cup is looking really interesting now, but it'll be either us or United to win it of course.