Nearly time again....

Do you reckon O'Neil will bring back Gyan?

That's a very good question mate. Just watched the match with a mate and we discussed this - he wants him back but I don't. Thing is it was an unbelievable deal for us, we got £6mill for the year and he's ours still. I honestly think that O'Neill will be tempted but he's actually not that prolific. I'd rather have Bent back (and that's said through gritted teeth believe you me!). He's more what we need, he would have put one of todays chances away.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha Bendner is just laughable :D

Good luck for the rest of the season :)

Have to agree with you there, I can't see O'Neill putting up with him. If we'd had a bad run under him and were still in the relegation places we would have went out this month and spent 20-30 mill, but I've got a feeling we'll keep our powder dry until the close season - we'll not go down.

Bugger.

If we'd had a proper striker we would have got something from that. You lot had plenty of possession and probably more chances - but we had the more clear cut ones :angry:

Swansea nad Norwich at home for our next 2 games - play like we did today and we'll be ok.

See you next time - and good luck, hope you at least get into the top 4.

shows why you will always be welcome here ... willing to come back after a defeat and not be bitter,,,

Thought we were well worth our win but it was nervy in the end. Have you signed Dowd or was he just on loan for you today.

Yeah, Sessegnon will fire Sunderland into a top ten finish, very devilish little player. He was awful at PSG last season to such an extent he was barely even getting on the bench, and he did little in the second half of the season in Sunderland, either. Been excellent the last month or so, however.

shows why you will always be welcome here ... willing to come back after a defeat and not be bitter,,,

Thought we were well worth our win but it was nervy in the end. Have you signed Dowd or was he just on loan for you today.

Dowd - fair enough I think you could have had a penalty although Torres was definitely looking for it (never a booking though), but Bendtner got barged into as well and I've seen them given (Ashley Cole I think?).

Things do sort of even out throughout the season (did you see the Everton one given against us when he kicked the ground?).

I hope we can keep hold of Sess as MON really seems to have given him a new lease of life. But I wouldn't be surprised if Harry starts playing his games (he's a triffic player and I'd love to see him at the Lane etc etc :angry: ).

What do you make of James McClean mate? Came from the Irish league, saw him play live a couple of times. Glad to see him doing well.

I like the look of him. He's very direct and just keeps taking players on, also got an end product (gets his cross in and has already scored a couple of goals).

I don't understand how Bruce could bring him to the club but not play him, he must be gutted now - he might have saved him from the bullet. O'neill saw enough in his first training session to give him a go - says it all really.

I'm always really worried about playing Sunderland. I was happy it didn't turn into a 4-3 nail biter.

If a striker better than Bendtner was playing, I honestly think the score would have been in Sunderland's favour. I would pick Wickham over that joker every day.