Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I am absolutely devistated, and love Frank as much as anyone in our history.

For me, he is the greatest ever chelsea player and i've never seen someone give so much for this club.

He will go down as a legend for ever. However, whilst this contract stuff rumbles on, I think we should try and appreciate just how good he is and how much he will be missed. We cannot forget this.

I think for a moment we should forget the contract talk and just admire his professionalism, goal scoring abilities, lovely character and LOVE for our football club.

Fantastic player, man and leader.

But the board also didnt support AVB. Get rid of Lamps,JT,Cole who still have the ablity yet keep Torres who is crap and on a mental wage is daft!

And no doubt they will end up at another club and play for many more years

This comparison between Lamps and Torres and their contract situations has been brought up a few times and it's rubbish. It's not like the club decides at the end of each week how much a player should be paid based on their contribution. Torres is overpaid, but it's hard to do anything about that if he doesn't want to renegotiate.

I expect that if Torres was coming to the end of his contract it wouldn't be renewed either. But we're stuck with him unless someone comes in with a bid of about £20 million.

I agree that getting rid of Cole is a bit daft though. He's still one of the premier players in his position and would cost a lot to replace unless Bertrand steps up. JT is becoming ever more injury-prone which isn't surprising, and he has a ton of baggage too. I expect him to leave at the end of next season.

The simple fact is that players don't go on forever, but clubs do. We've lost great players before and we'll lose great players in the future, but I think the club is doing a sterling job of going about replacing them.

It's not inconceivable that we go from a spine of Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba to Courtois, Chalobah, McEachran and Feruz. We could create new legends for fans who haven't even been born yet to treasure, but for something new to take root something old has to move on.

This comparison between Lamps and Torres and their contract situations has been brought up a few times and it's rubbish. It's not like the club decides at the end of each week how much a player should be paid based on their contribution. Torres is overpaid, but it's hard to do anything about that if he doesn't want to renegotiate.

I expect that if Torres was coming to the end of his contract it wouldn't be renewed either. But we're stuck with him unless someone comes in with a bid of about £20 million.

I agree that getting rid of Cole is a bit daft though. He's still one of the premier players in his position and would cost a lot to replace unless Bertrand steps up. JT is becoming ever more injury-prone which isn't surprising, and he has a ton of baggage too. I expect him to leave at the end of next season.

The simple fact is that players don't go on forever, but clubs do. We've lost great players before and we'll lose great players in the future, but I think the club is doing a sterling job of going about replacing them.

It's not inconceivable that we go from a spine of Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba to Courtois, Chalobah, McEachran and Feruz. We could create new legends for fans who haven't even been born yet to treasure, but for something new to take root something old has to move on.

We could create new legends but this is the new Chelsea who are good at messing things up really...and would not surprise me if things are messed up furthur

JT agree is injury prone and unlikely to last long and do remember him saying he wants to do coaching bages so always that option.But Lampard and Cole not so much and if fergie comes sniffing around like he is rumoured to be...Drogba so far we havent really been able to replace.Torres hasnt stepped up and Sturridge is gone.Hopfully Ba can be what Torres isnt

Torres seems to be Romans fav so him being let go be a massive shock..should happen but should never have paid 50m in the first place but that still happened.

I know this will upset some of you but I think it was an absolute disgrace that he didn't let Ba take that penalty. Our new striker on a hattrick on his debut and he didn't let him take it. That for me goes down as one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in the game. When he eventually leaves in the summer I'll remember things like that and I won't shed a tear.

I know this will upset some of you but I think it was an absolute disgrace that he didn't let Ba take that penalty. Our new striker on a hattrick on his debut and he didn't let him take it. That for me goes down as one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in the game. When he eventually leaves in the summer I'll remember things like that and I won't shed a tear.

He's the penalty taker in the team and he's chasing that record so you can understand him taking it.

On the other hand, what's best for the team? His personal glory or for the new guy to get his hat-trick on debut?

While you're at it you should also remember what record Lampard is chasing and THAT will be remembered forever if he manages to break it rather than Ba's hat-trick.