• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad....just sad....

first we half claudio raneiri a good manager

then we have jose mourinho a world class manager

finally we have grant....

i guess anelka was on for so long....just in case theres a shoot out

Grant, the worse manager I've seen at Chelsea on my nearly 11 years of Chelsea fanship : enough said.

Avram Grant made a BIG mistake in not putting on Joe Cole in the second half. If he had have come on there would have been a different outcome to the game I'm sure of it.

Exactly thats whats so ahhh!When he came on we brightened up!It was just to late to really make a big impact

I woke up too late and couldn't watch the match so can't really make an analysis.

I'm happy Tottenham won but only because I didn't want Chelsea to win it.

I'm also sure that Avram Grant is going to face a lot of criticism in the next coming weeks. If he had won, though, he would have faced a lot of praise.

Chelsea still have the FA Cup and I honestly think that's all they're going to win this season, if anything.

Having watched the game, I can quite honestly say Tottenham were by far the better team. They passed with more conviction and their defensive display was relatively sure for much of the game. Woodgate was absolutely magnificent, a worthy winner of Man of the Match in my eyes. The game itself was actually a very entertaining one, though I'm quite confident a neutral would have enjoyed it moreso. Spurs started the quicker and could have gone ahead very early in the game, but for a great block by Terry. That set the tone for the first half, I feel, as Berbatov headed just wide and Malbranque forced a good parry from Cech. I feel to get the goal was fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. I don't think that there was much in that foul by Zokora, but it was well-scored by Drogba. The unfortunate thing regarding the goal was that it signalled our intent that we were happy to defend, que the Tottenham come-back.

We seemed to gain some confidence passing the ball but Anelka and Wright-Phillips were giving no end product down either wing, the only play on the wing we got was through Wayne Bridge when he decided to push forward. Bridge was unlucky with the penalty, but it was an excellent call by the linesman in my opinion. It was completely unintentional by Bridge and on another day the referee and linesman may have missed it, but the execution by Berbatov was absolutely lethal.

The set the game up for an intruiging second half, and Grant made the wrong decisions in my opinion. He brought Kalou on for Wright-Phillips even though he was beginning to make an impact on the game, and in my opinion he should have taken off Anelka who was absolutely lacklustre to say the least. Ballack gave us some extra height going forward, but I feel his presence could have been better utilized by him playing all of the game and not being introduced with three minutes of normal time left.

In hindsight, its easy to say Grant was foolish not to bring on Joe Cole. However I understand his lack of willing to do so - Cech took a knock in the face when he saved at point blank range from Zokora who followed through and trod on his hand, so Carlo warmed up incase Cech was not fit enough to continue. Furthermore, both Terry and Lampard had both only recently returned from injury and their fitness was to be tested. Ultimately Joe made an impact but in my opinion should have been favoured to Shaun in the starting eleven.

Spurs' winning goal was lucky, any genuine Spurs fan would admit that, but you couldn't argue that they did not deserve it. Cech should have done better in my opinion, but the way that the defence, Terry included, stood still and let Woodgate get a free header in was disgraceful. They defended excellently for the remainder of the game and are fully-deserved winners in my opinion. They were the better team on the day, we have to face that. You could argue that luck was on their side, but as soon as Robinson saved from Kalou with his feet you could tell it would not be our day. The officials had almost faultless games and the referee was excellent to book Spurs players for time wasting.

Grant is going to get a lot of stick for this defeat, though in my opinion its the players who let the football club down today. Anelka was completely non-existent in the first half and only decided to play when he reliased his lack of helping the defence in a Drogba-esque style epitomised his laziness today. Shaun was his usual inconsistent self, Belletti seemed nervous for the first half-an-hour and even Essien had an off game. I think on another day we could have won this, but the reality is that Spurs have beaten us and are deserved winners. Grant will take some criticism on the chin for his team selection though who can blame him? None of us on here could confidently select a team with so many players available, and it is ultimately the players that represent the club on the pitch and bar perhaps John Terry, Jon Mikel Obi and Petr Cech, none of the players in the match displayed the true quality they are.

From a neutral point of view, you could argue not to see one the "Big Four" not lift this trophy will inspire the other teams in the Premier League go for it against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool. Well played Spurs, the best team won. But normal service will be resumed, make no mistake.

Defo lets to WHL and beat them by many lol.

Dont think this was the best time to try Droba/Analka at all.West Ham maybe been a better time.Then again Sheva still a bit hmm with injury so guess had to be done but :(

Since Spurs beat Arsenal so badly always gana be a bit of a hmmm final but just frustration and our lack of attacking footie that only happened when we were 1-1 and the chances we had when when were 1-0 :(

Defo not our day esp as Robinson played so bloody well.Never does that and Cech making a rare mistake

But hey end of the day,only a game,move on etc.

I think it was,not delibrate mind you but hand ball neverless so bleh.

I feel sorry for Wayne cause he had a great game and I hope he gets over that.Least JT didnt watch it from halfway down the pitch then cry

Not annoyed we lost,but annoyed we played so bloody badly from the word go when they nearly beat our record of fastest goal ever scored.

Won deservedly but wish we had had more of a go at it.

Edited by Laylabelle

I'm going to guarantee everyone with this. Avram Grant will not have a job at Chelsea next season if he cannot learn to win games against the big clubs. I have to admit, our long long unbeaten streak at home in league games is gna get buffered against Arsenal come the end of march. If they were the ones that started it, then they're more likely to end it.

Roman is a dickwod, and a mug, if he decides to keep Grant at Chelsea!! If he is so supportive of the club so much as he claims to be, then surely he can understand the concept of our failure to get big game wins. Surely he could come up with a solution.

We should have appointed Van Basten, but now he's going to Ajax next season isn't he?? Huuurrrrgh!!

In James Rolfe's words...."WHAT A SHITLOAD OF FUCK!!!"

Edited by CJ Revo

Alright Lads

We lost life goes on (even tough i was so pissed that i haven't talk to anyone in my house for about 3 hours after the game).First of all our finishing is apsolutely hilarios,we practically have no bloody attack.Why the fuck was Cole on the bench? He was our turn over when he came on.I usually don't say this....but Grant wtf are you doing? We had the bloody lead and then just stopped playing and started defending....of course that rewarded us with a penalty and a equaliser.That second goal by Tottenham was probably the shittiest goal i have ever seen in my bloody life.Luck of the goal was something out of this world,Cech practicly hit Woodgate in the face.The poor bastard didn't know what hit him until the ball went over the line.Belleti was a useless piece of crap i always said we were wrong to bring him in,Paulo would done a better job for sure.Now our better players...Bridge was immense,defended well went forward well i would never blame him for our defeat.Essien also did very well until he was subbed apart from them i don't see a performer...IF we continue playing like this we won't win shit this season.Grant take a look in the mirror....you fucked it.

Chelsea Until I Die

And the fact he has Poyet with him.Dont think it was a concidence that as soon as he left Leeds their results were crud and came to Spurs and helped them become a major threat

Hmm Jose defo werent wrong about Spurs.Maybe this season they wont challenge for top four spot but next eeep

Roman sort it out for christ sake!