Chelsea Vs Olympiakos

BlueLion.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team selection is going to be interesting, lots of world class players who all want to play and all who can make a big difference for us. So who do you pick and what formation do we play? Will be very very interesting. Players like Drogba, Essien, Lampard, Terry who have not featured much recently are massive players for us but should be in our best 11. Then players who have been important for us the last few months like Anelka, SWP. Joe Cole, Alex, Maka....

Its a tough one to call but we need to get the best balanced squad out possible.

..........................Cech............................

Belletti......Terry...........Carvalho.....A.Cole

..........................Mikel............................

...............Lampard....Ballack....................

Anelka...............Drogba...................Kalou

I think at the moment this would be my prefered starting 11. Although there are some doubts over Drogba's fitness which would make it easier and J.Cole would play right wing.... Although to play J.Cole instead of Kalou and have him in a free role behind Drogba and Anelka would be a decent option but would mean a lot of work for Cole and Belletti...

Don't underestimate this team. They have done well to come so far and won't be pushovers in front of their home fans. It'll be difficult, make no mistake.

No Champions League game is a pushover and certainly not any of the knockout games. We certainly won't go there thinking it will be an easy ride, but it is certainly better than playing the likes of AC Milan, Inter Milan and Lyon like the other English teams are...

Just had a look at the Olympiakos squad, and they've got one or two recongisable names.

• Didier Domi was at Leeds at Newcastle as a defender, playing nearly 70 games over here.
  • Luciano Galletti has been capped 13 times from Argentina, and is a good midfielder.
  • Darko Kovačević is probably the most well known. He played for Sheff Wednesday for a while, as well as Juve and Lazio, and also was red hot alongside Nihat for Sociedad for a few seasons.
  • Predrag Đorđević is the captain and plays left midfield. He has a scoring record of nearly one in two, so look out for him.
  • Raul Bravo alot of you will know from being at Madrid for a long time.
  • Fernando Belluschi along with Galletti plays in the midfield, again some may know him.
  • Lomana Lua Lua, no description needed really.
  • Antonis Nikopolidis. Finally, legendary Greek 'keeper. Kept goal at Euro 2004. Aged 36, but looks 56. Still a decent keeper though.

..........................Cech............................

Belletti......Terry...........Carvalho.....A.Cole

..........................Mikel............................

...............Lampard....Ballack....................

Anelka...............Drogba...................Kalou

I think at the moment this would be my prefered starting 11. Although there are some doubts over Drogba's fitness which would make it easier and J.Cole would play right wing.... Although to play J.Cole instead of Kalou and have him in a free role behind Drogba and Anelka would be a decent option but would mean a lot of work for Cole and Belletti...

I think essien is our best all round midfielder do you think kalou is as good as j.cole or near enough ?

Just had a look at the Olympiakos squad, and they've got one or two recongisable names.

• Didier Domi was at Leeds at Newcastle as a defender, playing nearly 70 games over here.
  • Luciano Galletti has been capped 13 times from Argentina, and is a good midfielder.
  • Darko Kovačević is probably the most well known. He played for Sheff Wednesday for a while, as well as Juve and Lazio, and also was red hot alongside Nihat for Sociedad for a few seasons.
  • Predrag Đorđević is the captain and plays left midfield. He has a scoring record of nearly one in two, so look out for him.
  • Raul Bravo alot of you will know from being at Madrid for a long time.
  • Fernando Belluschi along with Galletti plays in the midfield, again some may know him.
  • Lomana Lua Lua, no description needed really.
  • Antonis Nikopolidis. Finally, legendary Greek 'keeper. Kept goal at Euro 2004. Aged 36, but looks 56. Still a decent keeper though.

Luciano Galletti is a very good player and we all know about Lua Lua so there no push overs.

I think essien is our best all round midfielder do you think kalou is as good as j.cole or near enough ?

It is tough to pick between Essien, Lampard and Ballack, i just feel Ballack and Lampard have that bit more quality about them, and are certainly more likely to get goals.

Kalou is a lot different to J.Cole in style. For me a winger should be more like Kalou, direct and willing to take the man on, like what we had with Duff and Robben. Joe is quality but you don't always get the same speed of attack with him..

It is tough to pick between Essien, Lampard and Ballack, i just feel Ballack and Lampard have that bit more quality about them, and are certainly more likely to get goals.

Say if we played lampard and ballack to both get goals. I think it would be too much for

mikel to defend on his own. Lets face it lampard ballack mikel are all better than essien

technically. Mikel keeps possesion the best and he ticks things over, and lampard and ballack can send long balls. Then this is when i am concerned they are not blessed

with pace. So agianst a quick midfield player like anderson kaka even jenas, they will get

over run thats when essien comes in.

Kalou is a lot different to J.Cole in style. For me a winger should be more like Kalou, direct and willing to take the man on, like what we had with Duff and Robben. Joe is quality but you don't always get the same speed of attack with him..

I understand what you are saying i have never thought j.cole is a winger. I like kalou

he runs at defenders direct and he scores goals. Sometimes i really get pissed of with

j.cole with all his stepovers, were do you think his best position is ?