Chelsea Vs Olympiakos

BlueLion.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you are saying i have never thought j.cole is a winger. I like kalou

he runs at defenders direct and he scores goals. Sometimes i really get pissed of with

j.cole with all his stepovers, were do you think his best position is ?

Joe Cole does work as a very good winger and has done now for a lot of years for Chelsea and England. Although he is not what i would class as a typical winger. I would think and ideal position for Joe would be in the middle behind the strikers pulling the strings...

Interesting to see the lineup tonight. Many papers/radio reports saying 'Grant intends to rest Lampard and Terry' for the Yids on Sunday.

Lampard at least seems back to fitness, and should play tonight imo.

I can see the logic of resting them! Allow them to come back properly and not too rushed and also the game Sunday is the more important of the 2 games comming up and if they can only play in one then that is the one they should play in. It's not as if we don't have the cover, Alex and Essien are not bad replacements!!!

I can see the logic of resting them! Allow them to come back properly and not too rushed and also the game Sunday is the more important of the 2 games comming up and if they can only play in one then that is the one they should play in. It's not as if we don't have the cover, Alex and Essien are not bad replacements!!!

On the other hand Grant has said the CL is the most important, so you'd think the two stalwarts of JT and Fat Frank would feature. Interesting to see the starting lineup, and the state of the pitch !

Think it's on ITV 4 btw , mickeys on ITV1.

On the other hand Grant has said the CL is the most important, so you'd think the two stalwarts of JT and Fat Frank would feature. Interesting to see the starting lineup, and the state of the pitch !

Think it's on ITV 4 btw , mickeys on ITV1.

No big shock there, ITV are a bunch of c**ts. I hate their game coverage!!!

Well on paper the game tonight is an easier tie, and with the benefit of a second leg at home. IF (and thats a big if) he does rest JT and Lamps it's not really a gamble because of the players who would play insted.

No big shock there, ITV are a bunch of c**ts. I hate their game coverage!!!

Well on paper the game tonight is an easier tie, and with the benefit of a second leg at home. IF (and thats a big if) he does rest JT and Lamps it's not really a gamble because of the players who would play insted.

Riccy and Alex can do a sterling job at the back. If the media reports are wrong though I'd expect this;

GK - Cech

RB - Belletti

CB - JT

CB - Ricky

LB - Cole

MID - Ballack

MID - Essien

MID - Lamps

ATT - J Cole

ATT - Drogba

ATT - Kalou

i dont think it matters to much who plays. Any 11 that line up will be more than capable of beating this side. I can't see any problems what so ever in tonights game. I'm looking forward to it. The rest of the English teams have got very tough games, they wont all go through. Hell, none might go through.

Just had a look at the Olympiakos squad, and they've got one or two recongisable names.

• Didier Domi was at Leeds at Newcastle as a defender, playing nearly 70 games over here.
  • Luciano Galletti has been capped 13 times from Argentina, and is a good midfielder.
  • Darko Kovačević is probably the most well known. He played for Sheff Wednesday for a while, as well as Juve and Lazio, and also was red hot alongside Nihat for Sociedad for a few seasons.
  • Predrag Đorđević is the captain and plays left midfield. He has a scoring record of nearly one in two, so look out for him.
  • Raul Bravo alot of you will know from being at Madrid for a long time.
  • Fernando Belluschi along with Galletti plays in the midfield, again some may know him.
  • Lomana Lua Lua, no description needed really.
  • Antonis Nikopolidis. Finally, legendary Greek 'keeper. Kept goal at Euro 2004. Aged 36, but looks 56. Still a decent keeper though.

Niko is the best goalkeeper outside of the five major European leagues, their defence is relatively solid as well.

1. Petr Cech

35. Juliano Belletti

3. Ashley Cole

6. Ricardo Carvalho

33. Alex Rodrigo da Costa

5. Michael Essien

4. Claude Makelele ©

13. Michael Ballack

10. Joe Cole

15. Florent Malouda

11. Didier Drogba

Subs: 23. Carlo Cudicini, 8. Frank Lampard, 12. John Obi Mikel, 21. Salomon Kalou, 24. Shaun Wright-Phillips, 26. John Terry, 39. Nicolas Anelka.

How about that for a subs bench eh?

Olympiakos: Nikopolidis, Zewlakow, Julio Cesar, Antzas, Pantos, Ledesma, Galletti, Torosidis, Djordjevic, Stoltidis, Kovacevic.

Subs: Sifakis, Patsatzoglou, Leonardo, Leonel Nunez, Mitroglou, Belluschi, Sisic.

Chelsea: Cech, Belletti, Carvalho, Alex, Ashley Cole, Essien, Makelele, Ballack, Malouda, Drogba, Joe Cole.

Subs: Cudicini, Lampard, Obi, Kalou, Wright-Phillips, Terry, Anelka.