Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Why is the Griezman thread locked?? And the Deadline day one? We not botherimg? Like the lads last night apathy is spreading!

Wonder who rattled Gallas cage? Wouldn't mind him tho!

Antoine Griezmann to Chelsea: William Gallas makes ‘perfect’ signing claim

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/756907/Antoine-Griezmann-Chelsea-Transfer-News-William-Gallas-Atletico-Madrid-Rumours-Gossip

31 minutes ago, mccg said:

ALMOST £1,000,000 A MONTH: THE STAGGERING COST OF CHELSEA'S FAILURE TO SHIFT DEAD WOOD THIS JANUARY

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/almost-1-000-000-a-month-the-staggering-cost-of-chelsea-s-failure-to-shift-dead-wood-this-january

Truely bloody amazing considering our board is compized of business people and not football types.

IF they were running us like any top company I would have expected the shareholders to vote in some sort of no confidence in them.

I just dont understand how they get away with it.

I understand that trying to get our money back on someone like Waterboy is impossible with his wages and our paying too much for him. But to have him sitting there just pissing himself how he has such a cushy job and losing us more and more money in wages and his depreciating value wise is laughable.

CHELSEA A SHAMBLES IN DEFENCE? THEY ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME AS FORMER PLAYER EXPOSES SHOCKING TRANSFER POLICY

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/chelsea-a-shambles-in-defence-they-only-have-themselves-to-blame-as-former-player-exposes-shocking-transfer-policy

The top free agents still available after January transfer Deadline Day

Yaya Toure

"This is definitely not the end," were Toure's words in January when he was asked about his future on Monday Night Football.

The former Manchester City midfielder has been without a club since leaving Olympiakos.

Asked where he would like to resume his playing career, Toure added: "You never know, maybe the Premier League!"

Might the 35-year-old get snapped up by a club in the next few months?

On 31/01/2019 at 0:45 PM, mccg said:

ALMOST £1,000,000 A MONTH: THE STAGGERING COST OF CHELSEA'S FAILURE TO SHIFT DEAD WOOD THIS JANUARY

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/almost-1-000-000-a-month-the-staggering-cost-of-chelsea-s-failure-to-shift-dead-wood-this-january

This is a direct result of the hire and fire culture in the club and the lack of real footballing identity.

We actually deserve the shit we are in right now, it's karma payback for the way we have treated people in the past - including RDM!

The Board best get busy clearing up this mess come summer. 

RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate watched by Chelsea, Man Utd

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/rb-leipzig-defender-ibrahima-konate-watched-by-chelsea-man-utd-4267085

RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate is attracting major Premier League interest.

The 19 year-old has been sensational this season, helping RBL to the best defensive record in the Bundesliga so far this season.

BILD says for their defeat to Borussia Dortmund, Konate attracted scouts from Chelsea, West Ham United, Manchester United, AC Milan, Juventus and FC Barcelona.

Konate penned terms to 2023 a fortnight ago - and the new deal holds a buyout clause.

"I feel well in the club, that's why I have extended. That I am observed by other clubs, may not interest me. It does not affect me," said Konaté.

"As a child I said to myself: I always have to do my best, then everything will be fine, and things will come by itself."

snip

http://dailycannon.com/2019/02/arsenal-identify-6ft3-defender-who-can-carry-the-ball-60-yards/

A solid player who stands at 1.93 metres (6ft3) with size 46 (13) feet, Sport Bild even detail his shoulder width (51cm) and stride length (88cm) in an effort to convey how he dwarfs many attackers. He wins more duels than any other player in his side (66%), he moves at an impressive 34.4kmph and is often involved in setting up attacks as he strides out from the back carrying the ball 60 yards.

That’s because, as he says himself, he is not a ‘born defender’. “I am not a born defender. I was [for a] long [time a] midfielder and even striker. You can see that I have brought something. Therefore, I can also move something forward,” he told Sport Bild.

Konate arrived in Germany in the summer of 2017 from FC Sochaux. He cost RB nothing at the time.

6 hours ago, the wes said:

How many full backs do city want 😂😂😂

Shitty have spent more on defenders than the defence budget on 52 countries I remember reading early last year .

Brought in Mendy for £52m, Walker for £54m, Danilo for £27m and Edersonr £35m, City and bloody almost £60mill for Laporte.

And WE are trying to buy the league ffs!!!

I'm only jealous!