The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

:lol:! What about Bynum (if you somehow managed to get him fit) or Al Jefferson? Both UFA for next season.

Bynum will never get healthy enough to play 82 games a season plus he's dumb and Jefferson can't defend. At all. Nuggets need a solid rim protector, and neither of them is one.

Bynum will never get healthy enough to play 82 games a season plus he's dumb and Jefferson can't defend. At all. Nuggets need a solid rim protector, and neither of them is one.

Bynums career ended once he left LA, was never gonna get motivated to play for the 76ers, and also Al Jefferson? idk bout him, think Utah is where he needs to stay, it fits him. There really arent that many Rim protectors (Kendrick Perkins, DW12, Mark Gasol, Tyson Chandler, Hibbert) are the only ones i can name off the top of my head and none will be leaving anytime soon (too Denver i mean). You guys need to target the draft IMO and hope somebody falls to you, cuz Denver dont have any good pieces to trade up for in the draft.

--Other point, George Karl COTY??

Yeah it was deserved and LONG overdue IMO. Could easily have had like 2/3 of these already.

Woodson for NY--Had a depleted Eastern Conference coming second was expected with that much talent. (No Rose No Rondo).

Mark Jackson--If playoffs was icluded he would have won this in a heart-beat. But falling from 3rd since All-Star break to 6th kinda cost him.

Spoelstra--Only would have got it if he broke the consective wins record or if set all time record in loses in a reg. season. (Hard for NBA champ to win them)

Frank Vogel--Now i thought he would of won it, but the energence of Paul George and Hibbert meant Karl was always gonna win this due to no superstars,, or unless Vogel got them to 2nd it had to be George Karl's.

On to my OKC who lost a heart-breaker on Saturday.

They were right there but fuckin Mark Gasol happened. I hate that, when somebody who was quiet for a whole series "shows up" and crushes your team. hahaha Imagine how Nets feel cuz of Nate, imagine how Bulls feel cuz of Norris Cole,, gotta hate it whenbit happens against your team.

KD missed some FTs butbi wasnt even mad. Tell me how many clutch shots he has made for us this season alone. He's makin all the right calls with the ball but NOBODY is stepping up, and theres no Harden to call on like last year, an this same series still went 7 games! Ibaka, Ibaka, Ibaka, Ibaka. 4/17 and ALL of them were good looks he has made all season. Sigh,, hopin for the best in game 4, KD honestly cant play any better man, cast needs to show up.

On to my OKC who lost a heart-breaker on Saturday.

They were right there but fuckin Mark Gasol happened. I hate that, when somebody who was quiet for a whole series "shows up" and crushes your team. hahaha Imagine how Nets feel cuz of Nate, imagine how Bulls feel cuz of Norris Cole,, gotta hate it whenbit happens against your team.

KD missed some FTs butbi wasnt even mad. Tell me how many clutch shots he has made for us this season alone. He's makin all the right calls with the ball but NOBODY is stepping up, and theres no Harden to call on like last year, an this same series still went 7 games! Ibaka, Ibaka, Ibaka, Ibaka. 4/17 and ALL of them were good looks he has made all season. Sigh,, hopin for the best in game 4, KD honestly cant play any better man, cast needs to show up.

One positive for OKC has been the development of Reggie Jackson..he's the Perfect backup point guard...

Unfortunately, losing Westbrook was a massive blow for OKC...the KD-Westbrook combo was probably the best in terms of scoring this season..

One positive for OKC has been the development of Reggie Jackson..he's the Perfect backup point guard...

Unfortunately, losing Westbrook was a massive blow for OKC...the KD-Westbrook combo was probably the best in terms of scoring this season..

Yeah mate, Reggie Jackson shows no fear (Westbrook-ish qualities in his play) but unless Kevin Martin and Ibaka show up, we wont win,,

also yeah i agree along with Klay Thompson and Steph Curry as the best 1-2 scoring combos this league has ever seen,, both sets of guys (especially GS's combo) can drop 60pts between them with ease. Fun to watch man. hahaha

@Blue-in-me-Veins, Agree with most of the points except for two.

Firstly, Kendrick Perkins is no rim protector. Dude's a stiff and should be nowhere near the starting-5. He's a solid rotational player but as a contender you shouldn't have to rely on such a guy to be your defensive anchor. At all. The Thunder are lucky they have Jones on their roster, if he could develop into a decent player they could move Ibaka to C and play Jones at the 4. Just imagine Durant and Jones interchanging their positions... would cause havoc for the opponents every night.

Secondly, Denver HAS to get a good C right now. Getting one through a draft is no option. With Iguodala being a FA (he's never gonna opt in, he's looking for a long-term contract at his age) in his prime the Nuggets need to build around him now. If the FO doesn't show him that they're bing serious about contending for a title and don't promise him to bring in a new starting calibre C he's not gonna sign an extension with them. Simple as that. 'Dala knows about his value and with teams like Houston, San Antonio and Atlanta (they'll have almost NOBODY on their payroll next season) having loads of cap space Denver is forced to react and improve the team in order to prove Dre that a title in the next couple of year is the franchise's goal. I seriously hope that Masai's doing everything he can to get rid of McGee, Miller and Chandler and bring in a new center and back-up PG. If he isn't the franchise is fucked.

@Blue-in-me-Veins, Agree with most of the points except for two.

Firstly, Kendrick Perkins is no rim protector. Dude's a stiff and should be nowhere near the starting-5. He's a solid rotational player but as a contender you shouldn't have to rely on such a guy to be your defensive anchor. At all. The Thunder are lucky they have Jones on their roster, if he could develop into a decent player they could move Ibaka to C and play Jones at the 4. Just imagine Durant and Jones interchanging their positions... would cause havoc for the opponents every night.

Secondly, Denver HAS to get a good C right now. Getting one through a draft is no option. With Iguodala being a FA (he's never gonna opt in, he's looking for a long-term contract at his age) in his prime the Nuggets need to build around him now. If the FO doesn't show him that they're bing serious about contending for a title and don't promise him to bring in a new starting calibre C he's not gonna sign an extension with them. Simple as that. 'Dala knows about his value and with teams like Houston, San Antonio and Atlanta (they'll have almost NOBODY on their payroll next season) having loads of cap space Denver is forced to react and improve the team in order to prove Dre that a title in the next couple of year is the franchise's goal. I seriously hope that Masai's doing everything he can to get rid of McGee, Miller and Chandler and bring in a new center and back-up PG. If he isn't the franchise is fucked.

I thought Chandler did well for Denver this season. He's the perfect role player off the bench...25 mins 13 points, 5 rebounds per game.

I thought Chandler did well for Denver this season. He's the perfect role player off the bench...25 mins 13 points, 5 rebounds per game.

He was okay but very inconsistent. He can be a good role player but he thinks of himself as a starter which is definitely not. His lack of basketball IQ and injury proneness impact him way too much to consider him a starter at the 3 spot.