The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

IMO he has every right to be selfish, if that's how you wanna call it. If he's not feeling ready and isn't trusting his body 100% sitting out is the only valid option. Anybody who has watched Rose the last few years knows how competitive he is. It's killing him to watch his team play.

No he hasn't.

Every player will face situations where they will have to play with an injury (which is not his case because he has been ready for months) to overcome difficulties and win titles. All great players played through injuries, Rose is not even injured, he is just afraid of playing. If you dont move out of your comfort zone, you dont get anywhere!

People say he is young and he will have time to make things right, but what about all other variables that surround him? He is letting a big chance pass right in front of him and he is being selfish about it. The path is pretty much opened with the Heat being the only contender, that doesnt happen too often in the NBA. Have you thought about the fans, the coach, his teammates (who some are already old), etc?

This nonsense talk about him not rushing is ridiculous. It cut in mid-season when he had just been cleared to play. Now, he simply doesnt want to play, there is nothing but his head holding him back. It is like a trauma, he thinks that next season it will simply go away, but it wont. He must put a jersey and get on the court to remember how it is like and to get that fear of him. So you can have a perspective, Adrian Peterson is a RB at NFL and returned to play 7 months after the same injury (in a knee he had already done reconstruction). D Rose is completing one year without playing!

He is not a tennis player, his decisions not only influence himself but a whole 6x champion franchise. He should be on the court playing, proving to be the leader everyone think he is and rightfully earning his paycheck. There is no excuse other than the fact he is afraid and is not trying to overcome it by at least geting into the rotation and trying to come back little by little...

Above all of that, I make Stephen A's rage towards him my own words!

Rmpr, it's not just his decision though, the Bulls management have obviously had a say in his decision. Obviously collectively, the Bulls and Rose think it's better if he sits out this year and comes back 110% next season.

You're right in saying that if he came back straight away after being medically cleared he would've probably been ready now but you know that after being a year out it's more a thing of being mentally ready than physically ready, and let's be honest, Bulls weren't going to win the Championship this year anyway, even if Rose did come back, it'd take him a lot of games to get him back to his best.

I think it's a wise decision IMO - I know it's frustrating for a Bulls fan but I honestly believe it's better for you guys' future if Derrick comes back at a 110% next season, I know you won't agree and you've made valid points on why but I still believe that the long term benefits of this outweigh the short term ones.

Rmpr, it's not just his decision though, the Bulls management have obviously had a say in his decision. Obviously collectively, the Bulls and Rose think it's better if he sits out this year and comes back 110% next season.

You're right in saying that if he came back straight away after being medically cleared he would've probably been ready now but you know that after being a year out it's more a thing of being mentally ready than physically ready, and let's be honest, Bulls weren't going to win the Championship this year anyway, even if Rose did come back, it'd take him a lot of games to get him back to his best.

I think it's a wise decision IMO - I know it's frustrating for a Bulls fan but I honestly believe it's better for you guys' future if Derrick comes back at a 110% next season, I know you won't agree and you've made valid points on why but I still believe that the long term benefits of this outweigh the short term ones.

We have different opinions and I dont think anyone is wrong. It is just two different ways to see the same situation!

As you said, as a Bulls fan it is frustrating, but I also acknowledge the fact he must not have decided by himself, so I see your perspective. I just think they should have at least made it clear he would not come back, it would have been more transparent and would have stopped the growing expectation.

Anyways, we both have raises our points. Lets agree to disagree!

You guys are murdering the paint. Warriors need to keep you guys at the perimeter.

Well, that's the only thing on offense the Nugs are good at lol

Hopefully some's gonna kill Bogut. Dunk on him, block him, piss him off. He has 3 fouls already, gotta take advantage of that and make him foul even more.

Btw, McGee is cookin'! B)

pointgod_medium.gif

INSANE 3PT PLAY FROM CHRIS PAUL (he got fouled on the way). POINT GOD.

With the Clippers out does anyone think it's his last game with them? If so, where do you think he should go/fits best?

Personally, I'd love to see him at the Knicks. CP3, JR Smith, Shumpert, Melo & Chandler is a great starting 5, as good as Miami's.

CP3 and Melo combo is as good as Wade & Lebron.

pointgod_medium.gif

With the Clippers out does anyone think it's his last game with them? If so, where do you think he should go/fits best?

Personally, I'd love to see him at the Knicks. CP3, JR Smith, Shumpert, Melo & Chandler is a great starting 5, as good as Miami's.

He will stay in clippers for sure. NY has no cap space. Dallas is an option.

Houston is also an option but not really sure about cp3 and harden combo

pointgod_medium.gif

Don't think the Knicks have any cap room. I see him returning to L.A. It's a great place to live, they have the cap room, and they are not far away from being contenders. There are some good free agents out there...where Paul, Igoudala, Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, and Josh Smith go will have a massive impact on the league.