The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

I've definitely watched too much Nuggets basketball... seeing how Memphis is setting solid screens is depressing...

Memphis are one of the most dominating teams in the league. Their front court which consists of Marc Gasol and Z-Bo is just amazing. Add to the fact that they're a really well drilled basketball team... If they manage to get past OKC then they are definitely the dark horses in the playoffs.

Lets hear it for my OKC pulling the W from out of no-where. KD is just Tooooo Clutch,, by far the best clutch player in the NBA with Paul Pierce/Melo/and Kobe.

We really hung around, but those are the kind of games you win at home (GS vs Denver game 3 is a great example and also Game 1 of that seires).

And to be honest that game shouldn't have been close Ibaka shoots 1-10? Come on now, that was just a blip, he makes more of those shots we would have been fine. But sorry to say im still picking Grizzles in 6 games. Yeah i went against my team. They cause too many problems 1-5, everybody can score, and defend. let me repeat, EVERYBODY!

The only thing that can save OKC is to get KD easy shots. What i absolutely hate is the high iso/pick nd roll time and time again which they did in the Houston seiries but luckily got away with. KD was working very hard for his shots last series and at least today i saw more off-ball screens. Eh, we'll see what happens.

----P.S. LBJ wins 4th MVP in 5 seasons?? I don't know how he's doing this so quietly. like its as if people don't recognize whats happening! hahahaha

@The Skipper, @Rmpr,

If a certain D-rose comes back, which ESPN sources are reporting is a possibility. (then it COULD be a series), becuase,,

You have Joakim Noah playing his freakin heart out with that plantar fasciitis, and also Taj Gibson battling that knee injury. If either goes down for an extended period then Bulls could be forced to play small (which factors into D-Rose playing cause,,

Deng-he's battling an unknown illness right now (God be with him) as it was thought to be a standard flu, then upgraded to fear of meningitis did some tests and at this point doctors still cant figure out exactly what is it. AND it was thought Nate robinson could have caught a strain of Deng's illness though I think he's ok now with all this rest (Nate Robinson).

Then theirs the biggie, which is Kirk Hinrich. If he is a no go (with that Calf) then Bulls might as well play rose (off the bench). Because i cant see the Bulls winning, relying on Nate and Bellineli as a starting back-court for an entire series playing 30+ mins a pop. Why not play D-Rose? who cares how well it fits and stuff because if you don't play him i don't see them winning and if they do play him and still lose well at least they can't say they didn't try. Eh, who knows. :chai:

@The Skipper, @Rmpr,

If a certain D-rose comes back, which ESPN sources are reporting is a possibility. (then it COULD be a series), becuase,,

You have Joakim Noah playing his freakin heart out with that plantar fasciitis, and also Taj Gibson battling that knee injury. If either goes down for an extended period then Bulls could be forced to play small (which factors into D-Rose playing cause,,

Deng-he's battling an unknown illness right now (God be with him) as it was thought to be a standard flu, then upgraded to fear of meningitis did some tests and at this point doctors still cant figure out exactly what is it. AND it was thought Nate robinson could have caught a strain of Deng's illness though I think he's ok now with all this rest (Nate Robinson).

Then theirs the biggie, which is Kirk Hinrich. If he is a no go (with that Calf) then Bulls might as well play rose (off the bench). Because i cant see the Bulls winning, relying on Nate and Bellineli as a starting back-court for an entire series playing 30+ mins a pop. Why not play D-Rose? who cares how well it fits and stuff because if you don't play him i don't see them winning and if they do play him and still lose well at least they can't say they didn't try. Eh, who knows. :chai:

936734_630695810292280_1567303576_n.jpg

@The Skipper, @Rmpr,

When you come back from major surgery it will take at least a month to get to your usual level, I am not sure playing d rose will actually help.

@The Skipper, @Rmpr,

Yeah, but I think it is very unlikely that D Rose will be 100%, or any other 'injured' player (Nate Robinson, Luol Deng, etc)...

The Heat are just too strong for any team in the NBA right not. Most favourite team to win it all in decades!

I agree. Denver play efficient basketball and competed at a high level all season despite having "star players". Will be very interesting to see what you guys do next season.

Well, the main reason I'd give him the award for would be the way he handled such an imbalanced roster. First of all, Denver had only 4 smart players, Gallo, Lawson, Miller, Iguodala. Secondly, Denver didn't have a starting-caliber center the whole season (hope our GM tries to fix this somehow). And thirdly, this Denver team was the worst shooting team I had ever seen.

Going by logic, we have to go for a game-changer this summer ASAP if Kroenke and Masai are being serious about contending.

Well, the main reason I'd give him the award for would be the way he handled such an imbalanced roster. First of all, Denver had only 4 smart players, Gallo, Lawson, Miller, Iguodala. Secondly, Denver didn't have a starting-caliber center the whole season (hope our GM tries to fix this somehow). And thirdly, this Denver team was the worst shooting team I had ever seen.

Going by logic, we have to go for a game-changer this summer ASAP if Kroenke and Masai are being serious about contending.

Would you be for Dwight Howard if they somehow managed to get cap space for him?