'Vindictive' Andé

LDN Blue

:doh:

FFS, the more I hear about AVB in the media the more he sounds like a 10 year old. Oh no he called me nasty names, grow a pair you twat.

Are you kidding? Are you honestly calling AVB a twat because of an article in dailymail? He is a master when it comes to interviews, and he always says that media has it wrong, which it does. Just like the thing about the bench and staff cheering with goals. You have no idea what went on there. And I can't remember how many times Mourinho has actually acted like a ten year old, but he's still one of the top3 gaffers in the world. Why? Because he is the boss. If AVB is anything like that, then that's nothing but good news.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding? Are you honestly calling AVB a twat because of an article in dailymail? He is a master when it comes to interviews, and he always says that media has it wrong, which it does. Just like the thing about the bench and staff cheering with goals. You have no idea what went on there. And I can't remember how many times Mourinho has actually acted like a ten year old, but he's still one of the top3 gaffers in the world. Why? Because he is the boss. If AVB is anything like that, then that's nothing but good news.

Is AVB a top 3 manager? NOT REALLY. And it gets on my tits when people try to justify AVBs rants towards media by saying Mourinho did it. Mourinho won the Champions League. His Chelsea team was invincible, his team had an aura that personified Mourinho himself. Media was his bitch. his press conferences were always full cus he was the best in the business. When someone else tries to do that, they look stupid. AVB currently is struggling. Although not his fault entirely but few weeks back he was on treading thin line. His team doesnt quite look to be in the race for the title, and is out of CC and made it to Champions League on the last day. Now when a manager whose team is not quite performing to the standards tries to talk back to the media, the media is gonna take him for a ride. Rafa Benitez agrees.

AVB is stupid for that lash out on Neville's comment and the bias against Chelsea.

-Neville's comment was hilarious, part true and most importantly, light hearted

-no shit everyone will persecute Chelsea, maybe its because we are the only club in the country who sack managers right and left

What a childish outburst really, completely unwarranted. I'm also disappointed by the Alex/nico situation. Had JT suffered an injury in the Wigan game, we'd been fucked, why wasn't Alex on the bench?

Is AVB a top 3 manager? NOT REALLY. And it gets on my tits when people try to justify AVBs rants towards media by saying Mourinho did it. Mourinho won the Champions League. His Chelsea team was invincible, his team had an aura that personified Mourinho himself. Media was his bitch. his press conferences were always full cus he was the best in the business. When someone else tries to do that, they look stupid. AVB currently is struggling. Although not his fault entirely but few weeks back he was on treading thin line. His team doesnt quite look to be in the race for the title, and is out of CC and made it to Champions League on the last day. Now when a manager whose team is not quite performing to the standards tries to talk back to the media, the media is gonna take him for a ride. Rafa Benitez agrees.

You obivously didn't read my last sentance. I never said AVB was one of the top 3. I think our main disagreement is how AVB acts in the media, I personally think he's amazing in them, always says the right things.

AVB is stupid for that lash out on Neville's comment and the bias against Chelsea.

-Neville's comment was hilarious, part true and most importantly, light hearted

-no shit everyone will persecute Chelsea, maybe its because we are the only club in the country who sack managers right and left

What a childish outburst really, completely unwarranted. I'm also disappointed by the Alex/nico situation. Had JT suffered an injury in the Wigan game, we'd been fucked, why wasn't Alex on the bench?

And about this. AVB was defending his player. That comment might be light hearted but it's still a huge insult towards Luiz, and it wasn't even part true. He was okay in that match and DL never deserved all the bashing he got in the media, he wasn't even close to being our worst performer.

You obivously didn't read my last sentance. I never said AVB was one of the top 3.

He wasn't trying to claim that you said that AVB was a top 3 manager. What Warnie was saying is, you (MGuerreiro) said Mourinho is a top3 manager so no one cared when he did things like this. Yet when AVB is doing these things, people are criticizing him. What Warnie meant, was that Okay, fine but AVB isn't Mourinho (AVB isn't a top 3 manager), that's why he is being criticized. I believe that's the point Warnie was trying to make.

Anyway. I don't really believe this right now until there are more conclusive stories that come out.

He wasn't trying to claim that you said that AVB was a top 3 manager. What Warnie was saying is, you (MGuerreiro) said Mourinho is a top3 manager so no one cared when he did things like this. Yet when AVB is doing these things, people are criticizing him. What Warnie meant, was that Okay, fine but AVB isn't Mourinho (AVB isn't a top 3 manager), that's why he is being criticized. I believe that's the point Warnie was trying to make.

Anyway. I don't really believe this right now until there are more conclusive stories that come out.

Yeah I got that, what I meant was I know that he isn't a top 3 and it doesn't change my opinion that it's unfair that his club's supporters criticize him for that (the article from dailymail). I have absolutely no idea why I wrote it so badly, sorry.

You got to command respect from Media. Which Mourinho did because he was the best manager back then. He ranted against everyone and media loved it.. Its just the aura he had. AVB is a nobody, his team is struggling, his job is on line and has done nothing whatsoever to command respect. If anything, the media laughs at him for being thin skinned. They know that if they bait he will bite.

You can give shit back only when you have acheived something, AVB hasnt. So if I was him I would shut it and get on with my job.

How do you know for a fact that this is true? Jesus Christ can we at least give him the benefit of the doubt for now, considering that it's written by the Daily Mail. Ever since that "slap in their face" comment, the journos have been spitting blood and are coming up with story after story to show him in a bad light. Even after AVB clarified the comments about the whole celebration hoopla, the media kept running the original story. Ridiculous. Do you believe everything you read? You are the same person who believed that utterly ridiculous piece by Rob Beasley about AVB going crazy during training etc

You got to command respect from Media. Which Mourinho did because he was the best manager back then. He ranted against everyone and media loved it.. Its just the aura he had. AVB is a nobody, his team is struggling, his job is on line and has done nothing whatsoever to command respect. If anything, the media laughs at him for being thin skinned. They know that if they bait he will bite.

You can give shit back only when you have acheived something, AVB hasnt. So if I was him I would shut it and get on with my job.

I don't understand how you can say that. "The media laughs at him for being thin skinned" - he always answers the media perfectly.

And the only time I remember AVB "giving shit back" was then Gary Neville unfairly criticized one of his players. When that happens, I expect the boss to defend the player.

EDIT - And AVB isn't a nobody, he did amazing things with Porto.

I don't understand how you can say that. "The media laughs at him for being thin skinned" - he always answers the media perfectly.

And the only time I remember AVB "giving shit back" was then Gary Neville unfairly criticized one of his players. When that happens, I expect the boss to defend the player.

EDIT - And AVB isn't a nobody, he did amazing things with Porto.

Credit where its due. Good on him. But now he is amongst the big boys. Winning Europa Cup doesnt command respect. Winning Champions League or a Premier League title does.

I can't stand Langley as a pundit anyway. He talks so much shit, most of which is just unintelligible mumblings anyway.

He has such an annoying voice, too. Completely unsuitable for commentary. I cringe every time I hear him celebrate a goal.

Right and wrong. He looks like he is copying his master, but he is defently not in his league. Mourinho gets away with it by playing with the media. AVB acts like a little kid who just got his lollipop taken from him.

Credit where its due. Good on him. But now he is amongst the big boys. Winning Europa Cup doesnt command respect. Winning Champions League or a Premier League title does.

Come on Warnie, you sound like Graham Souness now.

André was the most sought out young manager in the world! Liverpool, Roma & Inter were all scouting him and making an approach before we got in, that says a lot about his quality. He didn't just win the Europa & Portuguese league in a dull 1-0-each game kind of way. He did with an attacking flare, a style that made Porto fans very happy to watch.. A big change from their old regime. I know this, because one of my co-workers was a huge Porto fan.. He was very angry when André left.

In my opinion people are missing the point . AVB dislikes the stupid articles written by the press and the complete nonsense spoken on tv about games/players. So do i, so do you, i have tons of respect for him giving them a bit of abuse back. Hes well within his rights. Talk about you need to keep press on side etc is bullshit. They should respect people trying to do there job and report fairly and i wish more managers would stick up for themselves. Like him or not wenger has advanced english football and brought one of the best teaams in the invincibles ive ever seen, i know someone whos had to work with him as an agent and said hes a great bloke and just loves football, hes stayed loyal to arsenal and at quite a few stages in recent years has been ridiculed and treated like shit by some prick with a microphone. I find it so distasteful. Criticism is fine if justified but like luiz and avb there almost being ridiculed by people whos salary we pay to give us an insight or tactical analysis on the game. If were finally decided we need to keep these people sweet not tell them what we think of them then society really is on its arse.