Our 'team'

Kojo

Im cool with it as long as he doesn't shoot... i honestly can't remember the last time one of his shots hasn't gone horribly off target. -_-

Short memory... I believe against Stoke, when his father was abducted, he had a pretty decent shot saved by the goalie from far out. And against Liverpool (or Leverkusen?) he had a good long shot.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have good players? you can't be serious.Modric is the world class you want in our midfield?first of all he is not world class.Our defense is full of world class player.Talented winger? Mata and Sturridge even though not a natural one.

You managed to make us look like we have a relegation team.

If you've seen Modric play this season then you'd be sure that he is world-class

That's a matter of opinion, and mine is that you need two things to be world-class: great talent and achievements; modric falls short of the latter.

Achievements?.. You can still be a world class player and play in a poor/average squad, it makes no sense to judge a players abilities on club achievements.

Remember, Modric was AVB's number 1 transfer target. We pursued him vigorously because of this, losing out on him was disastrous.

That's a matter of opinion, and mine is that you need two things to be world-class: great talent and achievements; modric falls short of the latter.

surely it is easier to perform well in a top class team rather than with mediocre team mates.

It is certainly easier to pick up medals and international caps

We don't have good players? you can't be serious.Modric is the world class you want in our midfield?first of all he is not world class.Our defense is full of world class player.Talented winger? Mata and Sturridge even though not a natural one.

You managed to make us look like we have a relegation team.

Did you read my post what I made this thread with?, it's my explanation on the players at the moment.

And what makes you think Modric isn't world class?, he gives the team so much drive. Why becaues he only got 6 assists last season?, playmakers shouldn't be based on assists in my opinion, they make play, and play can involve about 4 players, and the 2nd from last gets the assist, and the playmaker starts it. This is why playmakers usually don't get that much credit, also with Tottenhams poor strike force last season who the fuck could get an assist. You take modric out of that team, you take confidence, reliability and creative spine out of team.

Lampard at the moment is playing as the engine and heart in our midfield, Lampard doesn't play like that, Lampard has always had freedom and we have had reliable players behind him in the midfield. Lampard gets himself in very good positions and helps the team out as he goes forward, he scores a lot of goals with his off the ball movement as he comes into the box, very sneaky player. Lampard is not a world class player anymore, and he certainly cannot drive our team forward, we are desperately lacking key player in his position. As i explained unless we got ourselves another Makalele, perhaps Lampard could still be played a lot. And look at our wingers, Sturridge had a good game against Wolves yes, but he did what he did against Bolton, there both poor teams, i still have my doubts if he can adapt to that position. Don't get me started about Malouda, Mata is a world class player and our only one. But he needs assistance from the deep, in the Liverpool match he couldn't even get on the fucking ball no player could pass to him or get him in a position he wanted the ball.

We could do with a talented winger, especially on the right who has pace and offers something, even against big teams and has consistency. Sturridge has still not proven himself there yet, i have faith because he's a young lad with big determination. Our defence is full of world class players?, okay but is our defence full of highline world class players?, i doubt it. Terry has had a bad season so far, Cole has, however he has been picking it up, Ivanovic has struggled down the centre, been good right back though, and David Luiz is still picking himself up, but he's doing well. If Modric isn't world class then who the hell is a world class midfielder?, are you saying there's only about 5 world class midfielders in the world?.

No one in our midfield can be relied on to spark something, Ramires is good at doing what he does, he sometimes does pull something out of the hat when he runs forward, Lampard loses the ball too much, and big concern with Mikel in that area, because he can't do his job as DM.

Right so he is the same basket with like Iniesta?,Sneijder? etc? Of course not.

Just because he's not in the same boat as Iniesta doesn't mean he's not world class, Iniesta for me is the 3rd best player in the world, very talented footballer.

Sneijder, infact i think he is, Sneijder might just be that little bit better however, but you bring Sneijder into the premier league you will see his true side, in the Italian league there isn't much challenge at all. You get many teams like Wolves and Wigan. Modric would change our team, and i'm telling you that, he's very good at starting play, he just doesn't get that much credit because he is hardly ever on the assist. Also good at dictating it and pushing it up, he makes sharp passing from one end to another, when players are in good space.