Our 'team'

Kojo

I keep saying this a lot but, winning the Carling Cup is an excellent target for the team at this moment. And no I'm not being sarcastic or pessimistic.

I think the lads should keep their heads low, concentrate on winning all the upcoming EPL fixtures till Jan (and at least drawing the ones with City and Newcastle), getting through the CL group stages, and do their absolute best in the Carling Cup.

Winning this Cup would send a strong message to the other teams, as we would have had to get past virtually the best of the top 4 to do so! More importantly it gives us the label of being the first team to win any real silverware this season, and also reminds the players that they are still in the hunt for trophies. This will give us the drive needed just like in the end of 2009-2010, and of the 2008-2009 season...

Say all you want about it being a transition period, but its better to finish a season brightly even if it doesn't necessarily mean finishing as English or Euro champions. It will also set the tone for the next season..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say thank you to everyone, great debate going here and good points about it. I thought i would be into arguements but many have surprised me. It's obvious what we need is drive in the midfield, and we have to accept players like Lampard will not make our midfield world class. The only way Lampard could play in our midfield and for it to be world class in my opinion, he would be playing as he used to, centre attacking basically, roaming behind the defenders making his sneaky runs, and there would have to be a very good DM, with a lot of drive and an engine in midfield, also Ramires would have to be putting in top games like he does now and again, but be more consistent.

I would happily seeing us win the CC and the FA Cup this season.

It is easy to see that we are relying on a backbone which is used to a different style of play and a system that AVB doesn't want to use. And i expect more faces to come in January, giving, what thers might call 'dead-wood' time to find there next step while also giving there replacements an oppertunity to get fixed into the new style. It is bad this realisation of going through an transitional peroid has come a little latter then what the fans have wanted to see, but we have a least taking the starting steps - time for the next to come in January.

Time to through away the sentimentals and look more critique to each member and the role which they have, and the effect that could be amounted if they can't establish themselves into the new system.

I saw some IDIOTS making comments that Chelsea aint a Big Club anymore.

Well......

FUCK OFF TO MANCHESTER CITY

I saw some IDIOTS making comments that Chelsea aint a Big Club anymore.

Well......

FUCK OFF TO MANCHESTER CITY

Ohhh please let the Glory Hunters read this,and fuck off as soon as possible.

I am shocked by the amount of people that are surprised by this.this had to happen every team gets in a bad season and i guess this one will be ours.

I hate to say it but i told you so,King Carlo was not supposed to leave even though i like AVB a lot.

Ohhh please let the Glory Hunters read this,and fuck off as soon as possible.

I am shocked by the amount of people that are surprised by this.this had to happen every team gets in a bad season and i guess this one will be ours.

I hate to say it but i told you so,King Carlo was not supposed to leave even though i like AVB a lot.

This season will show who will support the club for life and who will just leave at the first sign of trouble. im hoping AVB can turn this around i think he has the potential to be great. but it does make you wonder why people were calling for Carlo's head last year , the problems were already showing then and most of them haven't been fixed.

This summer we have chosen to believe that Malouda, Kalou Anelka and Bosingwa would lead us to the glory, and we have chosen to stick with them. That was an error, because that impedes us to make a transition season, and because with such players, it is difficult to reach the spots for CL qualification. Now, we have what we deserve.

If we're talking about this season, I still think that this first 11 : Cech, Ivan, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Essien, Meireles, Lamps, Mata, Sturr, Torres

has enough quality to get us the 3rd place and *maybe* win a cup or two. Quality is in this first 11, but there are couple of things

that needs to be sorted:

1. Essien needs to be fit off course. if not, get a new DM in Jan.

2. Torres.. well come on already...

3. A winger is much needed. Not necessarily a starter, but someone who can offer more than Malouda.

4. Sort out the issues on the defense. AVB must stop playing this high defensive line(or do something else to improve this system.. idk)

In the coming summer AVB need to get like 4-5 players to make this team his. No Maloudas and no Mikels (how shit he's he ah? i told you

that alllll summer).

In the coming summer AVB need to get like 4-5 players to make this team his. No Maloudas and no Mikels (how shit he's he ah? i told you

that alllll summer).

Don't blame Mikel that much. He is not world class, but he certainly isn't shit. Sure he made a mistake, but Cech should take a bigger blame for that horrible pass even though he had both JT and Luiz on the wings. JT slipped against Arsenal and cost us points but he isn't shit?

Don't blame Mikel that much. He is not world class, but he certainly isn't shit. Sure he made a mistake, but Cech should take a bigger blame for that horrible pass even though he had both JT and Luiz on the wings. JT slipped against Arsenal and cost us points but he isn't shit?

LOL

I didnt talked about the mistake against Liverpool. Im talking about the season he's having, which is even worse

than he's normal play. He's a bad midfielder to play at a club like Chelsea, he just keep proving this every game.

I think what we are missing most is a descent CDM. It's not about the mistakes that Mikel does, it's about what he doesn't do: tackles and interceptions in the middle which are vital to the system we are playing. Sure this system needs a bit of fixing and tweaking, but until we get a good CDM (or play romeu there :whistling: ) we will continue to suffer.

People, let's not forget that we are attempting in this season to completely alter the way we play, including our defending, style of passing, attacking system.....we can't expect it to work straight away.

LOL

I didnt talked about the mistake against Liverpool. Im talking about the season he's having, which is even worse

than he's normal play. He's a bad midfielder to play at a club like Chelsea, he just keep proving this every game.

I won't even bother entering a Mikel discussion...like him or not he is our player and we should support him.

Mikel has been a good servant, but his style doesn't really help with the tempo of the game. Either he needs to be molded into the style of play, into a more attacking minded player or sold and replaced - or even giving Oriol a chance.

Mikel has been a good servant, but his style doesn't really help with the tempo of the game. Either he needs to be molded into the style of play, into a more attacking minded player or sold and replaced - or even giving Oriol a chance.

Wasn't he an attacking midfielder when we bought him?