Top Posters In This Topic

---------------Torres-------------

----------------Mata----------------

Lampard---Meireles---Ramires/Romeu

--------------Luiz-------------

Cole -- Terry -- Alex -- Iva

------------- Cech ------------

younameit

your're soooo fucking right about it.The second line up is absolutely brilliant!I wish you were AVB's assistant coach!Luiz would be so much better than Mikel!He is faster, more aggressive, more skillful!Not ot mention that Luiz loves going forward, and he can actually score!As for Torres....I really don't know either....He looked really good against Man U (even though he missed that 100% opportunity) Then the next game he gets red carded...I really felt like he was gonna get back to his old Torres after the Man u game...maybe I was wrong.I am really not sure.About Lampard, I think he does have experience and I really love him but apart from trying to keep the ball he can not really make a difference like he used to.Few seasons ago he was scoring from everywhere!Now he barely tries and when he does....no comment....

Terry I think keeps us back at the moment.He should sort his private life out first for once and for all cause I still believe that he is a great defender.

Wingers?Creative players?

We fucking need them!!!!Sometime I wish we had 11 Mata on the pitch LOL we wouldn't even need to defend if we did have 11 of him....

One thing for sure is that we need changes and I DO think that AVB is the right person for the job but he needs fresh players.How come that every manager needs to try to win everything with the team that was put together by another one????

Yeah exactly & let's face it he's not Maka. I'd like to see the Mikel that us & united were fighting for.

I agree, we should try Mikel in a more attacking role. He did have an extremely impressive assist record before we converted him to CDM, maybe he'd turn out to be the creative midfielder we've all been whining about not having.

...I am really not sure.About Lampard, I think he does have experience and I really love him but apart from trying to keep the ball he can not really make a difference like he used to.Few seasons ago he was scoring from everywhere!Now he barely tries and when he does....no comment....

What matches have you been watching? Lampard is our best scorer (7 goals) and creator (4 assists) so far this season. In my opinion he has been our most valuable and consistent (apart from Mata maybe) player.

---------------Torres-------------

----------------Mata----------------

Lampard---Meireles---Ramires/Romeu

--------------Luiz-------------

Cole -- Terry -- Alex -- Iva

------------- Cech ------------

younameit

your're soooo fucking right about it.The second line up is absolutely brilliant!I wish you were AVB's assistant coach!Luiz would be so much better than Mikel!He is faster, more aggressive, more skillful!Not ot mention that Luiz loves going forward, and he can actually score!As for Torres....I really don't know either....He looked really good against Man U (even though he missed that 100% opportunity) Then the next game he gets red carded...I really felt like he was gonna get back to his old Torres after the Man u game...maybe I was wrong.I am really not sure.About Lampard, I think he does have experience and I really love him but apart from trying to keep the ball he can not really make a difference like he used to.Few seasons ago he was scoring from everywhere!Now he barely tries and when he does....no comment....

Terry I think keeps us back at the moment.He should sort his private life out first for once and for all cause I still believe that he is a great defender.

Wingers?Creative players?

We fucking need them!!!!Sometime I wish we had 11 Mata on the pitch LOL we wouldn't even need to defend if we did have 11 of him....

One thing for sure is that we need changes and I DO think that AVB is the right person for the job but he needs fresh players.How come that every manager needs to try to win everything with the team that was put together by another one????

No doubt about it, we should stick with AVB...and for a long time. I think the issue here is simply that he was hoping that the core players and backbone of Chelsea would be able to deliver and stay in a obvious role in the team. Clearly this isnt the case, and because of this he will be forced to make some tough decisions. I really believe it is time to re-evaluate the choices of players, and this will be the key to turning the tide. We have these unmotivated players who are paid huge ammounts of money without delivering, and it is about time they sit on the bench for some time.

As for the formation, since we lack decent wingers the main choice should be a diamond formation. And depending on what players are available I think these choices are the most promising. Give it a chance at least!

1) Should be the standard formation and first team, at least try it out. Cant get worse than it is atm!

-------Torres + Sturridge-------

-------------- Mata---------

Meireles/Lampard + Romeu/Ramires

----------------Luiz------------------

Bertrand - Terry - Alex - Iva

-------------Cech-------------

Starting from the back, i think terry and alex will provide a stable inner defence, and by playing luiz in the mikel spot we wont be losing him when he pushes forward. He is much more promising compared to Mikel and Luiz offers great passes and runs forward, aswell as great defensive abilities, yes abit reckless sometimes and that is why he is better suited here. This formation has great PACE and promising younger players. I honestly believe this formation would do greatness.

2) Another formation providing all of the above players arent available/rested.

-------Drogba+Sturridge-------

----------Mata(Meireles)-------

Josh-----Lampard-----Ramires

Cole - Terry - Alex - Iva

--------------Cech--------------

Malouda, Mikel and even Drogba at some times should only be brought on as subs. We have young talented players that need more playtime and they WILL shine. They are the future, not players who are past their 30s and not delivering!

I like Mikel, I really do... and I've had my eyes open for the last few months on what people had to say about him, almost over half don't think he's needed anymore while the other half disagrees. I've been patient in forming my opinion, because he plays a delicate position which is hard to spot during games... But I have more or less made up my mind on him. I think he doesn't fit the new system.. He was a solid and good player under Jose and there on until now. I at least think he shouldn't be a starter, which I think he wouldn't be if Essien wasn't injured... But long story short, I am starting to agree with those who want a quicker player to replace him.

Mikel should be sold, Essien needs to hurry his ass back but be played only in a limited capacity of a game a week at most.

Both of them should be sold, especially Essien.. Both are Jose era players, one isn't good enough, the other is old and extremely injury prone.. If we want an overhaul, then imo both need to go.

Both of them should be sold, especially Essien.. Both are Jose era players, one isn't good enough, the other is old and extremely injury prone.. If we want an overhaul, then imo both need to go.

I agree with Mikel he has had his time to show what he can do and hasn't as for Essien i think he needs to come back into the team first because if he can shake off these injurys and return to some form he is a great asset.

Our team only lacks passion and determination to do well.The players we have won shit loads of trophies earned enough to last them a life time.AVB should just drop all the players that don't give a shit and play the youngsters at least that way if we lose i can see a lot of passion and young players wanting to do well for them self's and the club.

Fuck the mercenaries.

Our team only lacks passion and determination to do well.The players we have won shit loads of trophies earned enough to last them a life time.AVB should just drop all the players that don't give a shit and play the youngsters at least that way if we lose i can see a lot of passion and young players wanting to do well for them self's and the club.

Fuck the mercenaries.

It's not just mentality, it's quality most of all, we don't have good players, we lack key players. We lack a world class player in midfield, a highline centre back, a very talented winger, our team is poor, and if we do not change it in January we will not finish top 4, we won't be good enough.

Essien will never be the same again unfortunately, he was one of our worst players last season when fit. Romeu should be the number one guy next season for the holding role next to Ramires. These 2 are key. Who plays with them is anyones guess. Lampard will be there more than most but he should only be playing 2/3 of games. Maybe Luiz needs to advance or Meireles. Josh will be good for maybe 2 years time but would this work?

Ramires - Romeu - McEachran

Mata - Torres - Sturridge

I'd like to see it

I agree, we should try Mikel in a more attacking role. He did have an extremely impressive assist record before we converted him to CDM, maybe he'd turn out to be the creative midfielder we've all been whining about not having.

Im cool with it as long as he doesn't shoot... i honestly can't remember the last time one of his shots hasn't gone horribly off target. -_-

Im cool with it as long as he doesn't shoot... i honestly can't remember the last time one of his shots hasn't gone horribly off target. -_-

Not that he should be judged on shots attempted, but for factual accuracy's sake, he did hit the crossbar 7 times last season.

It's not just mentality, it's quality most of all, we don't have good players, we lack key players. We lack a world class player in midfield, a highline centre back, a very talented winger, our team is poor, and if we do not change it in January we will not finish top 4, we won't be good enough.

We don't have good players? you can't be serious.Modric is the world class you want in our midfield?first of all he is not world class.Our defense is full of world class player.Talented winger? Mata and Sturridge even though not a natural one.

You managed to make us look like we have a relegation team.

We don't have good players? you can't be serious.Modric is the world class you want in our midfield?first of all he is not world class.Our defense is full of world class player.Talented winger? Mata and Sturridge even though not a natural one.

You managed to make us look like we have a relegation team.

Modric is world-class.