Bundesliga Thread

Amblève.

Drotmund again threw away a lead in this round, meaning Gomez brace that took Bayern to a 2-1 victory over Stuggart put them 3 points clear at the top. Full results (from livescore.com):

Hertha BSC1 - 2Schalke

FC Cologne4 - 0Freiburg

Augsburg1 - 0Monchengladbach

Mainz0 - 0Hamburger SV

Nurnberg0 - 2Hoffenheim

Werder Bremen4 - 1Wolfsburg

Hannover0 - 0Bayer Leverkusen

Borussia Dortmund1 - 1Kaiserslautern

Stuttgart1 - 2Bayern Munich

• 1 month later...

Bayern getting humped 2-0 by Monchengladbach atm, into the 2nd half now 50 mins. This monchen(fuck have i really gotta write that again)gladbach team look pretty good i must say. First goal was a shocking howler from Neuer but the 2nd was nice. Could be more tbh.

Not a good start at all of the second half of the season by Bayern. Their form has been so inconsistant this season despite having what is, in my opinion, the fourth most powerful squad in Europe.

Both Dortmund and Shalke could tie with bayern on points if they win their respective matches against Hamburg and Stuttgart.

How is the Bundesliga these days? In terms of football pace, style and flare? Is it open or tactical?

I think it's the best, most complete, most competitive league in Europe currently. Pace, physicality, tactical diversity ... it's got something for everyone.

I think it's the best, most complete, most competitive league in Europe currently. Pace, physicality, tactical diversity ... it's got something for everyone.

Nice, thinking about starting to follow it. Beats the predictability of La Liga & co.

It lacks world-class players to be the best imo, filled with great potential throughout though, but it is a very enjoyable league. I have been following the league more and more and it's very entertaining.

If only Dortmund didn't lose Sahin.. they could've become a top team with Reus joining in the summer.

It lacks world-class players to be the best imo, filled with great potential throughout though, but it is a very enjoyable league. I have been following the league more and more and it's very entertaining.

True but then the real world class players can be found primarily in Spain's top 2, and a handful scattered in England and Italy. Bayern have some star names but the good thing about the Bundesliga is that almost every other club has a strong squad without relying on outstanding individual ability. It makes the competition there progressive where other clubs challenge on their intrinsic abilities rather than because the top team losing it's quality, like it's happened in England.

If only Dortmund didn't lose Sahin.. they could've become a top team with Reus joining in the summer.

Tell me about it, Nuri is BVB through and through. Real aren't even playing him ffs.

Today"s results:

Bayer Leverkusen 2-2 Stuttgart

Hertha BSC0 - 1Hannover

Hoffenheim2 - 2Augsburg

Schalke1 - 1Mainz

Wolfsburg0 - 0Monchengladbach

Hamburger SV1 - 1Bayern Munich

Hamburg gifting Dortmund first place after a hard fought draw with Bayern Munich.