Crazy(?) Idea About Our Centre Backs.

Valens

with repect to zolayes,

i never thought this to be a serious discussion.even the title says crazy..

btw kalou as ball boy is not as outrageous as swappin romeu and luiz..

will take care to avoid these sarcasms... :P

I would just like to see a thread WITHOUT a Kalou jibe

and you were the only one not to discuss the topic seriously

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hold back you two, we're discussing Romeu and Luiz... refrain from using the K name, it won't do any good ;)

I can see where the OP is coming from, this could be tested in trainings or friendlies (but imo it shouldn't, I think both of them are at their natural positions)... never would I want to see such needless risks taken in competitive games though. Luiz is 24 already and he's been a defender for his whole professional career, it wouldn't be easy to suddenly start adapting him in other positions. The team simply doesn't need to experiment with that atm imo, Romeu and Mikel are very capable at DMF. Even Meireles. If we had a freak injury crysis, I could see us suiting Luiz in midfield temporarily... like Essien did at right-back and centre-back at times and Ferdinand played in midfield a couple of times for ManU if I'm not mistaken.

Even pat nevin in today's article said he wants to see Luiz as a defensive midfielder. Now what baffles me is that the main role of a defensive midfielder is to defend and do the sweeping job infront of the back four. A quality that is lacking in David Luiz as he commits silly fouls and lacks defensive skills at times. He is great going forward something which no defensive midfielder does. Hence I don't get the argument of Luiz being played in DM role. If anythig I can understand the talk of playing him as a box to box or an attacking midfieler because of his skills up the pitch

People saying he should play in the midfield just cause he can attack doesn't make sense. I don't see how he has any qualities to be chosen over all other quality midfielders. He'd be on the bench even more than now if he was mid. The only other position he should be considered for is RB.

Hell, I rather play him as a striker before I put him in the midfield.

Luiz would still give penalties/freekicks away if he was a DM so that problem will remain whether he plays there or at CB so the club need to address his impetuous nature before we start thinking of a new position for him.

I stated before he could play as a DM because he is versatile so therefore can play in many positions but has that rare quality as a defender as he is so comfortable on the ball & has superb vision. That said I would prefer him to play at CB as we lack pace in that position, once he cuts those rash moments out of his game then we will have a world class player on our hands. The boy is top class & I would rather he makes these mistakes now whilst we are in a season of transition than next when expectation will be different & therefore pressure on his shoulders will come with it.

Early showings of Romeu tell me he is wasted as a DM despite being excellent there, he looks to have the ability to play further up the pitch - CB no thanks!

Im pretty stuned by u guys, all acting like u know everything about a player, in holland we have a club called vitesse, as u know roman has his hands into it also at some point, thats not whats import, importand is, that in holland we create a new position for players if we want, look at urby emanuelson, vurnon anita, giovanni van bronckhorst(before his retirement), and allot more, what im trying to say is, that only van bronckhorst is the player that lets nothing tru, while the other players that must learn new positions for their ''good abillity's'' still make mistake's, with all the respect, look at urby emanuelson, never seen such an poor left back..