How can we beat Manchester United

Blauw

Luiz should not start.. he hasnt played for a long time.. let alex play instead. Drogba should start if he is fit. We need his power and Torres is to bad at the moment.

Cech

Ivanovic Alex Terry Cole

Ramires Meireles/Mikel Lampard

Sturridge Drogba Mata

Luiz will play against leverkusen i think

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beating ManU is behind more factors than merely team selection... good mentality, preparation and tactics are more important. I remember the FA Cup final against them, and later Mourinho explained his tactics... basically his point was double-marking or boxing the dribbling player in our final 1/3 and stopping their counter-attacks with offside trap by playing a high line (if I remember correctly, or was it a deep line?) Having a deep-lying DMF will be essential defensively. It will also be important to frustrate them as much as possible by breaking up their play and being physical in man-to-man situations, taking yellow cards for the team when needed. Whatever people think, we have the personnel to match them... they play Anderson as a deep midfielder, that gap between their midfield and defence can be exploited, their usual 4-4-2 is not that strong defensively when facing a high-calibre team. Our central midfield and wing play will be essential, and our strikers must ensure they are ready to take their chances... the attacking line must rotate between positions to keep them confused, here Mata will come handy in his free role.

It's doable, we just need discipline and the right approach.

Guest justin_3d

I think we can tie them.

Win would be hard, but if we do it amazing.

My line-up

Cech

Bos-Ivan-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Meireles

Sturridge-?-Mata

I think Meireles should be good enough to take over Lampard next week, and we need Mikel.

Front, i am still unsure, since non of our strikers are that good at the moment.

Luiz shouldn't start.. Too risky. And I prefer iva to Alex at CB.

Today and against the Norwich was poor our defence with Iva and Terry, so i think... we should try out Luiz against Leverkursen, and if it will work, then start him! What the defence did today... it was pathetic...

I think we can tie them.

Win would be hard, but if we do it amazing.

My line-up

Cech

Bos-Ivan-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Meireles

Sturridge-?-Mata

I think Meireles should be good enough to take over Lampard next week, and we need Mikel.

Front, i am still unsure, since non of our strikers are that good at the moment.

I think that putting Luiz instead of Ivanovic would be better. Because hes faster and he has shown his quality against man united last season.

Guest justin_3d

I think that putting Luiz instead of Ivanovic would be better. Because hes faster and he has shown his quality against man united last season.

Yes that's true, but he has not play in a long time....it's a big gamble.

Don't understand this play for a draw bullshit, were not Swansea, we have gone to Old Trafford with weaker sides and United been stronger and got results.

Pre Roman we use to get results there on a regualar basis. Plus i found this stat that's pretty interesting.

Roberto Di Matteo's West Brom came from 2 down to draw at Old Trafford last season, the last time United blew a 2 goal lead at home was in 2000 in a 3-3 draw to Chelsea, a match that Di Matteo was playing. Di Matteo has never lost at Old Trafford.

Maybe it's meant to be that Di Matteo will never lose there ;)

The only way we can beat United is simply to be better than them, if we play better than them we can beat them, but if we are playing better than them, THEN WE ARE PLAYING REALLY FUCKING GOOD!.

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz/Alex-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Meireles

Bosingwa-Sturridge-Mata

This is our best chance we have in my opinion, my opinion i don't think we stand a chance when it comes to beating them, we are simply not good enough, but i think we can get a draw if we play really well. Defence needs to be sorted out, and it wasn't sorted against Sunderland no matter what you think, the reason why we didn't get hit hard against Sunderland was simply because this time we had a lot of possesion in midfield, and Sunderland have a weak midfield in my opinion, besides Larsson. We will be hit heavily from Uniteds long balls, so we need to sort this defence out right now!, the team i've got is the only team i think that has the best chance of staying sharp, when you look back at our losses against United, especially the last three when Ryan Giggs ripped us apart with 4 assists in 3 matches, most of them were done by silly errors of stupid defending, by Kalou who wasn't even attempting to tackle Giggs, Bosingwa who let Giggs run straight on past him... and Anelka when he fell asleep and allowed Giggs to run in from from the side and square to Hernandez. Our Players need to be sharp!...

Ivanovic i have always been impressed with so far against United, he usually kicks the shit out of Nani, but Nani he will be troubling Cole this time it seems. The play who i'm most impressed with against United is Ramires, in my opinion he had his best games against United, he was just unbelievable and United struggle against his pace, Meireles played a huge part against United for Liverpool when they won 3-1, fair enough that's Meireles at Liverpool, but after what i saw from last game it looks like he's carried his form, unlike Torres. I'm not going to explain for a 3rd time why Danny is a better choice than Torres to play, so yes i choose Danny. Bosingwa would struggle really hard against Young, he is effective offensively so put him on right wing. Mikel had a great game last time we played United, he calmed the midfield down, and against United midfield is the key, we can do this if we keep possession Mikel just needs to have a good game, Mata will be marked a lot and it's obvious why from what he's displayed in his past two games.

So if we can pile the attention on Mata god knows what will happen, i think it's more likely to go our way, but we can't do any of this if we don't play well. Everyone has to play well, otherwise we will lose.

It's gonna be tough against United but lets see what happens, it's AVB who makes the choices hopefully he gets them all right.

My prediction, we lose 2-1, Hernandez and Rooney scoring both of the goals, Sturridge scores for us.

Yes that's true, but he has not play in a long time....it's a big gamble.

A big gamble might be just what we need to take, i know if it's wrong it will hit us heavy, but against United i think big gambles are what you have to take, because out of player quality, i bet any money United will be playing much better than us.

The only way we can beat United is simply to be better than them, if we play better than them we can beat them, but if we are playing better than them, THEN WE ARE PLAYING REALLY FUCKING GOOD!.

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz/Alex-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Meireles

Bosingwa-Sturridge-Mata

This is our best chance we have in my opinion, my opinion i don't think we stand a chance when it comes to beating them, we are simply not good enough, but i think we can get a draw if we play really well. Defence needs to be sorted out, and it wasn't sorted against Sunderland no matter what you think, the reason why we didn't get hit hard against Sunderland was simply because this time we had a lot of possesion in midfield, and Sunderland have a weak midfield in my opinion, besides Larsson. We will be hit heavily from Uniteds long balls, so we need to sort this defence out right now!, the team i've got is the only team i think that has the best chance of staying sharp, when you look back at our losses against United, especially the last three when Ryan Giggs ripped us apart with 4 assists in 3 matches, most of them were done by silly errors of stupid defending, by Kalou who wasn't even attempting to tackle Giggs, Bosingwa who let Giggs run straight on past him... and Anelka when he fell asleep and allowed Giggs to run in from from the side and square to Hernandez. Our Players need to be sharp!...

Ivanovic i have always been impressed with so far against United, he usually kicks the shit out of Nani, but Nani he will be troubling Cole this time it seems. The play who i'm most impressed with against United is Ramires, in my opinion he had his best games against United, he was just unbelievable and United struggle against his pace, Meireles played a huge part against United for Liverpool when they won 3-1, fair enough that's Meireles at Liverpool, but after what i saw from last game it looks like he's carried his form, unlike Torres. I'm not going to explain for a 3rd time why Danny is a better choice than Torres to play, so yes i choose Danny. Bosingwa would struggle really hard against Young, he is effective offensively so put him on right wing. Mikel had a great game last time we played United, he calmed the midfield down, and against United midfield is the key, we can do this if we keep possession Mikel just needs to have a good game, Mata will be marked a lot and it's obvious why from what he's displayed in his past two games.

So if we can pile the attention on Mata god knows what will happen, i think it's more likely to go our way, but we can't do any of this if we don't play well. Everyone has to play well, otherwise we will lose.

It's gonna be tough against United but lets see what happens, it's AVB who makes the choices hopefully he gets them all right.

My prediction, we lose 2-1, Hernandez and Rooney scoring both of the goals, Sturridge scores for us.

WOW! Maybe you should be the coach of CFC, maybe we'll av a chance of losing 3-1.

Bosingwa at RW! WTF!

Get real man!

And in my opinion - shot me down, if you want - but Lukaku would be in the starting line-up... And why?

- His physical talents are awesome! The Utd's center-backs are really weaks except Vidic, but he is on injury list now.

- This is would be a surprise, they will not prepare for this option!

- Lukaku's positioning is superb! Just check Mata's goal, if Mata passed for him, he will convert it to goal!

- And maybe the most important thing... Just check our strikers form... it is really, really poor... And Lukaku want to demonstrate his commitment of Chelsea! I trust in him, but i know... He will just travel with the squad, but nothing more...

WOW! Maybe you should be the coach of CFC, maybe we'll av a chance of losing 3-1.

Bosingwa at RW! WTF!

Get real man!

What's wrong with him playing right wing?, his crossing has been very good in his last two games in my opinion and his pace is great, i think he would do really well on the right wing. I never said i am the coach this is what i think, it's a fucking forum you post debates and your opinion on what and what we should do, none of this is going to happen, so don't tell me to get real, you try and get real and understand this is my opinion and i think this would be a good formation against United looking over past performances.

I'm not the manager, and i don't see these players in training, i don't talk to them idividualy i don't know who they are or what they are like, i can only judge from previous performances in matches, like we all can. I even said on my post AVB is the manager and he makes the decisions not me. And Bosingwa is more offence than defence, so why not try him upfront, yes it's a gamble, but a gamble is something we should take in my opinion.

And in my opinion - shot me down, if you want - but Lukaku would be in the starting line-up... And why?

- His physical talents are awesome! The Utd's center-backs are really weaks except Vidic, but he is on injury list now.

- Lukaku's positioning is superb! Just check Mata's goal, if Mata passed him, he will convert it to goal!

- And maybe the most important thing... Just check our strikers form... it is really, really poor... And Lukaku want to demonstrate his commitment of Chelsea! I trust in him, but i know... He will just travel with the squad, but nothing more...

Lukaku would be brilliant to be honest with two good wingers at the sides, only thing is, it's harsh to throw a 18 year old with only 15 minutes of premier league experience in the Uniteds defence, and by him playing bad could actually ruin his career in my opinion, it would let him down and it wouldn't do him any good, but who knows maybe he's a strong lad and is driven and never gives up, i hope he is. But i like where your coming from, it would be a surprise yes, and a gamble is something we might just need to take.

- Lukaku's positioning is superb! Just check Mata's goal, if Mata passed for him, he will convert it to goal!

U read my mind i was about to say the same thing.

It would sure suprise Fergie, maybe Andre should let "slip" in the press conference that Torres will play up top then play Lukaku?

What's wrong with him playing right wing?, his crossing has been very good in his last two games in my opinion and his pace is great, i think he would do really well on the right wing. I never said i am the coach this is what i think, it's a fucking forum you post debates and your opinion on what and what we should do, none of this is going to happen, so don't tell me to get real, you try and get real and understand this is my opinion and i think this would be a good formation against United looking over past performances.

I'm not the manager, and i don't see these players in training, i don't talk to them idividualy i don't know who they are or what they are like, i can only judge from previous performances in matches, like we all can. I even said on my post AVB is the manager and he makes the decisions not me. And Bosingwa is more offence than defence, so why not try him upfront, yes it's a gamble, but a gamble is something we should take in my opinion.

Slow down mate! I guess i'm frustrated by the way manure has been winning shit! Its like their opposition defence goes off and start playn shit! It hurts man!