Midfielders are not upto speed

Wilson

Guest justin_3d

He is right cause Lampard and Mikel slow down the game.

The little i saw from Romeu in the U21 WC he seemed to react more faster and rotate the ball faster then Mikel.

And Lampard....has been said a million times and he still keeps playing whole game! Baffles me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just give him the same time you gave Drogba and Shevchenko.

Juandando will eventually fire us to glory ;)

The thing is though Drogba was contributing a lot during his first 2 season's. He opened all that space for Lampard and he sacrificed himself for the good of the team. Torres will not do that because that is not his game, that's one of the advantages of having a target man. The whole notion that Drogba was crap in his first 2 season's is nonsense. He basically broke his back in his first season to make the team a better unit. Shevchenko was just Romans mate !

I'm not saying Drogba was crap. I have always been one of his biggest fans. But not everyone shares my appreciation of the player yet the majority of the fans awarded him patience and time to truly prove himself.

They did not have to award Drogba patience, we were winning games and we looked unstoppable and no striker in world football at that time would of suited our style of play then him. With Torres though he actually might become a liability to the team which i do not want. I never understood why people did not appreciate Drogba to be honest because he was the catalyst of that side.

I wonder if Torres has been dropped because of what he said. He's spoken the truth but maybe AVB didn't take kindly to him doing so in public.

Hard to say... Because two days ago, he has said :

‘At the moment, when it compromises the running of the team, it has to come to an end. I don’t have a first-choice striker. We have to make choices regarding what we see in training.’

So he may just be applying what he said back then...

You can say Torres isn't taking his chances, but he's had about eight clear goalscoring chances in six months for us. That begs the question - where is his support? We are so used to seeing Drogba hold the ball up and we are so geared towards the vertical through-ball that anything requiring guile and skill seems to evaporate. Thankfully Mata and Sturridge will offer support, genuine width and additional goal threat, instead of us having to rely on Bosingwa and Ramires driving from deep.

Eight chances that Sturridge would have put away.

Eight chances that Sturridge would have put away.

But not if he was in form, you must remember, this is incredibly hard for Torres in my opinion, it's took him really hard to settle in a total different style in what we play in, we are a team who can't give him no assistance, and when we do he's not ready for them, and that's because he's not expecting them, and i can't blame him, Torres has a lot on his mind, he's taking shit from the media, thinking about that price tag all the time and i don't think he's getting on well with some of the people at Chelsea, i wouldn't expect a man to keep 100 percent sharp and look out and be aware 24/7 on the pitch in that condition. Infact it's a damn shame he's given up, but to be honest, there's reasons why he has given up.

According to Torres!

http://www.thesun.co...s-too-slow.html

I can see why he is saying this but he is the one not taking chances he should have! He can't blame anyone.

I agree. I dont think anyone denies it. We haven't had a Central Striker score a goal for us since Drogba at OT in champions League. Hence its not just a problem with Torres.

Aguero has 6 in 4 with Nasri, Tevez, Silva around him. Now compare that to Torres who has had Lampard, Malouda and Anelka around him (I cringed again as I typed that)

He's right in that he's not getting the support he needs, but THAT'S NO EXCUSE FOR BLASTING ONE 30M WIDE OF GOAL FROM 30M OUT ON A BREAKAWAY.

On a more serious note, though, he really needs to work harder himself rather than expect his teammates to give him full support, because part of his job as the centre forward is to keep moving so he won't get isolated. Last time he faced us in that shameful red, he didn't need perfect passes to score two.

back on topic ..

thought the tempo in midfield was much higher and better today

Agreed much more pace, the counter attacking looked more interesting, but our counter attack kept getting broke up, just one of those days, but i'm still impressed with the effort. I just wish the likes of Malouda never came on and Mata gone off, i know it was for the best because of Mata's energy and his international matches, but i would of liked to said today was a different Chelsea, and a better Chelsea, however i can't say it because after sometime subs came on and it went back to the Chelsea we've been for most of last season and some of this season.