Midfielders are not upto speed

Wilson

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He is right! He also has to look closer at his own play and pace.......

Blame others by all means, but, only when you are in a position to do so. He's not exactly playing to his abilities.................. and, he's not going to keep friends with our 'older', maybe a bit rusty, though loyal players!

These were not good comments to make (MHO)

You can say Torres isn't taking his chances, but he's had about eight clear goalscoring chances in six months for us. That begs the question - where is his support? We are so used to seeing Drogba hold the ball up and we are so geared towards the vertical through-ball that anything requiring guile and skill seems to evaporate. Thankfully Mata and Sturridge will offer support, genuine width and additional goal threat, instead of us having to rely on Bosingwa and Ramires driving from deep.

Those kind of things should be discussed behind closed doors with your teammates and coach, what can The Sun and the public do about it? AVB is an analysis freak, that's how he was described under Mourinho's regime... I bet the players are already fed up watching the DVDs and hearing criticism :D

There are very few Chelsea fans blame Torres, as rivals do. We can see the bigger picture on how he does not get the assists neccessary to his game. Hopefully Mata and Sturridge will start the ball rolling for a massive ammount of goals.

BTW...I hate how Drogba is blamed. What the guy has done for this club over the years, he should receive 'justified' accolades.

So, we bought Torres and cos the amount is soooo high, we both want and need to see justification for that money, and OK, the Torres and Drogba duet does not work...........that surely is not ONLY his fault!

I can see were Torres is coming from, lets be honest, Torres needs service he is not like Drogba he can not create chances on his own. Drogba was a phenomenal Target man who could create for himself but Torres is different he is probably a lot more clinical then Drogba but he needs Service. Drogba could back into defenders and cause all sorts of problems which would lead to a cock up by the opposition or a Lampard goal Torres is different he is more skillful !

The ITW comes from the La Liga's website, I did not find it there otherwise but I didn't really looked for.

I did read that in the Guardian yesterday

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/09/fernando-torres-chelsea-juan-mata

It's a less explosive way to present the thing, but we cannot really blame Torres for saying that. Of course, Torres is not the victim, the wrongs are shared between several players and due to the surrounding ot the team for 6 months

The problem with Torres is we have to play towards his game for him to shine. I think its a bit like what Van Nistelrooy was like for the dutch national team, other players have got to sacrifice themselves to provide for him and that is why Liverpool look a much better team without him. He is a counterattacking striker who likes to exploit space but he is sadly one dimensional. I don't think it will be very long until Lukaku or Sturridge replace him to be honest.

I can see were Torres is coming from, lets be honest, Torres needs service he is not like Drogba he can not create chances on his own. Drogba was a phenomenal Target man who could create for himself but Torres is different he is probably a lot more clinical then Drogba but he needs Service. Drogba could back into defenders and cause all sorts of problems which would lead to a cock up by the opposition or a Lampard goal Torres is different he is more skillful !

You are completely right, Drogba really is an UFO, an incredible striker who can do such a lot of things on his own. Torres is not that kind of player, regardless of his price tag, he needs support like he did have at Liverpool when he was excellent

You are completely right, Drogba really is an UFO, an incredible striker who can do such a lot of things on his own. Torres is not that kind of player, regardless of his price tag, he needs support like he did have at Liverpool when he was excellent

Exactly Seb he was excellent at Liverpool but the whole teams resources was put towards playing him through. We are not used to this at Chelsea, We are used to seeing team players at this club not just Goalscorers. Liverpool are used to this type of striker with Fowler and Owen in the past but Chelsea is about team ethic. I am not bashing Torres here but i just think he needs too much focus on himself. Drogba's first 2 seasons was about him being a battling ram and opening space then when we changed it for him to score more we went like 4 seasons without winning the league. Then we finally won the league by 1 point in 09/10, i just think we need a more complete striker because strikers like Torres don't get you far.

I think using Lukaku this season like we did to Drogba in his first 2 seasons would work an absolute treat and the team will be better for it. Mata Sturridge and he rest scoring around him and Lukaku holding up the ball and battling the opposition.

Exactly Seb he was excellent at Liverpool but the whole teams resources was put towards playing him through. We are not used to this at Chelsea, We are used to seeing team players at this club not just Goalscorers. Liverpool are used to this type of striker with Fowler and Owen in the past but Chelsea is about team ethic. I am not bashing Torres here but i just think he needs too much focus on himself. Drogba's first 2 seasons was about him being a battling ram and opening space then when we changed it for him to score more we went like 4 seasons without winning the league. Then we finally won the league by 1 point in 09/10, i just think we need a more complete striker because strikers like Torres don't get you far.

And the fact is that number of goals Torres did score at Liverpool were coming from long balls on the wings, things that does not characterizes Chelsea.

After that, when he had to play 3 games a week it had consequences on his playing style because he couldn't make such runs anymore plus because he did often play injured. That's why he is struggling, he comes to a club where the playing style is completely different and he has to recover his real playing style and not this bad evolution that made him static and less present in the game of his last months at Liverpool

You can say Torres isn't taking his chances, but he's had about eight clear goalscoring chances in six months for us. That begs the question - where is his support? We are so used to seeing Drogba hold the ball up and we are so geared towards the vertical through-ball that anything requiring guile and skill seems to evaporate. Thankfully Mata and Sturridge will offer support, genuine width and additional goal threat, instead of us having to rely on Bosingwa and Ramires driving from deep.

But 1 in 8 clear goal scoring chances is very poor form, even worse if you consider that players are expected to score a few in non-clear chances. But I do agree about the rest. I have a good feeling about Mata-Sturridge support and hope the three of them score at least one each today :)