Lukaku and Bertrand out of the UCL squad.

Peace.

I cant agree with that. Lukaku is going to play in our "easy" games, like WBA and Norich at home, you cant compare it to games against

Leverkusen and Valencia.

I realy think alot of us Chelsea fans are being a bit too enthusiastic about Lukaku. Yes, he's like Drogba, yes, he's a beast and he's only

18 years old, but i realy dont think he's ready to do the things your expecting him to do. He's a future signing, more than anything.

And i dont agree with that. He is a goalscorer, he doesnt need easy games ( bye the way there are no easy games) he needs to play and

play and.. And he will deliver, instead of this like other members suggest "handle with care start", - no play, not nesscery 90 min every time but play.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i dont agree with that. He is a goalscorer, he doesnt need easy games ( bye the way there are no easy games) he needs to play and

play and.. And he will deliver, instead of this like other members suggest "handle with care start", - no play, not nesscery 90 min every time but play.

Are you kidding me? why do you think i wrote "easy" and not just easy? i know there is no such thing as easy games!

And okay, thats your opinion, bottom line- Lukaku wouldnt play against Leverkusen and Valencia if he was registered. Against Genk i think

he would have played, even start one of them, but its not crucial for us, and not for him, because its only Genk. And i saw Genk two

weeks ago, in their qualfy games against Maccbi Haifa, they are just awful. I think all of the PL clubs are better than them.

Are you kidding me? why do you think i wrote "easy" and not just easy? i know there is no such think as easy games!

And okay, that your opinion, bottom line- Lukaku wouldnt play against Leverkusen and Valencia if he was registered. Against Genk i think

he would have played, even start one of them, but its not cruciel for us, and not for him, because its only Genk. And i saw Genk two

weeks ago, in their qualfy games against Maccbi Haifa, they are just awful. I think all of the PL clubs are better than them.

Got it " ", we just disagree on that CL and Lukaku.

Guest justin_3d

Do you think it will be crucial for us and Kalou that Kalou play against Genk ?

Of course. He is a far better super sub then Lukaku!

:Goober:

Do you think it will be crucial for us and Kalou that Kalou play against Genk ?

Kalou can easily find himself playing agianst Valencia in spain. We have 4 strikers who are favored than Lukaku at the moment, and yeah

Anelka is one of them.. On the other hand, you have only 3 players who can play on the right wing. 2 injuries and we have nobody

to play there if Kalou isnt registered.

Kalou can easily find himself playing agianst Valencia in spain. We have 4 strikers who are favored than Lukaku at the moment, and yeah

Anelka is one of them.. On the other hand, you have only 3 players who can play on the right wing. 2 injuries and we have nobody

to play there if Kalou isnt registered.

Kalou just loses the ball consistently though, i would rather play a diamond formation then keep the 4-3-3 if it meant Kalou was going to start. Kalou fucks our attacking flow all the time because he cant control a football. Lukaku could of given us an option upfront with his searing pace and his ability to get himself in the 6 yard box, he can also hold the ball up. Now we have to rely on Anelka who just turns up when he wants and Kalou who just gives the ball away. I swear if Kalou gets in the team ahead of Danny this season we should have an Egypt like uprising outside the bridge. Kalou is not Chelsea quality, he is a poor player who magically keeps getting into our side even though he has been substituted before half time TWICE for being a playmaker for the opposition.

Of course. He is a far better super sub then Lukaku!

:Goober:

Yeah, plus he doesn't fear to show his ass on the telly.

Kalou can easily find himself playing agianst Valencia in spain. We have 4 strikers who are favored than Lukaku at the moment, and yeah Anelka is one of them.. On the other hand, you have only 3 players who can play on the right wing. 2 injuries and we have nobody to play there if Kalou isnt registered.

First off, BadBoy has answered for me.

Secondly, I didn't asked about the Valencia game, but about the Genk game. And has Badboy said, I'd rather us to change our formation than playing him on the wing.

Do you really think Bertrand - 22 years-old and our second LB choice - will be really motivated after this ? I wouldn't.

No I said it would motivate Lukaku, not Bertrand. I understand that you want him in CL squad but for him it is better to earn his place, instead of getting it on the silver plate.

Bertrand will not be motivated, but as I said it is due to the lack of experience. That is our own fault, and I am not OK with it. I hope he will get some experience as soon as possible.

Would you like to risk defence with our attack at this period? Every goal can be important given our form.

I never said I agree with AVB decisions, I just think I can't criticize him.

May I add that our problem is not AVB or his bad decisions, but the fact that Kalou and Malouda are still here, when most of the time they are just poor excuses for wingers. And Kalou is a winger, he is probably there in case Sturridga pick up injury.

The Bertrand omission while puzzling, doesn't bother me too much. We can shift Bos to left back if need be, but I would like to see Bertrand get a game or two if he have the group sewn up.

Now on to everyone's favorite punching-bag, Salomon Kalou. I pretty much agree with most of what has been said here about him. Get Lukaku the games, end of. I don't think my dislike of Kalou as a player is up there with some of the people on this board. He just really serves no purpose with our current personnel. His prolonged spells of dire form are shocking. Then, out of nowhere, he'll occasionally have a decent/good game. Which makes him all the more frustrating, and I think encourages managers to select/play him. Several years ago the argument could be made that Kalou was still developing and not the finished article. Now at 26 he IS the finished article, and it's not even close to good enough.

Kalou just loses the ball consistently though, i would rather play a diamond formation then keep the 4-3-3 if it meant Kalou

was going to start.

Alright, i can agree with that.

But still, Lukaku would have played only against Genk, and they are realy weaker than almost any team in the PL.

Its not a big deal...

If he would start against Valencia, so he's more important than Lukaku in the group stage... i thought thats obvious.

I didn't even mentiond stage group or the UCL in general, I just asked about this :

he would have played, even start one of them, but its not crucial for us, and not for him, because its only Genk.

Secondly, I didn't asked about the Valencia game, but about the Genk game.