Deadline Day!

J.F.

Essien is a shadow of what he once was anyway. If he plays brilliantly and helps Arsenal, then it's good for us but if he makes Arsenal worse, it's also good for us. It's bad in every way don't get me wrong, seeing him for Arsenal will make me heave but if it shows he's capable of carrying on at that level, it could be beneficial.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best scenario ever:

Spurs fail to sign moutinho. We sell Essien and buy M'Villa. We keep Sturr. We manage to sell Yossi and Malouda (not loan)!!!!!

EDIT: I know it wont happen though...

First part: we have moses.

Not comparing our strikers and goalscorers to Real Madrid quality but from a sheer number standpoint we match up.

Second part:

Yes some are Americans and while the others are Brazilians. i have chatted with Barca fans on forums, i have also seen Montoya quite a bit.

I hope you are not implying since they are Americans you would disregard their opinion. Anyone in the world can be passionate about a club no matter where they are and whatever their nationalities may be.

Anyway i really don't wish to discuss Montoya any further, i don't think he would be any where near the Spanish NT if he wasn't from La Masia. I'll just leave it at that.

Moses isn't Jose Callejon. Callejon is a fully natural forward and is a proven goal scorer. Moses is a winger and isn't a natural finisher.So your statement in once again, invalid. We have only two natural goal scorers at the moment on our squad. Which is not enough.

Not meaning to be prejudice, but ive seen and been on those 'English-Speaking' Barca forums and back in American i have met Barca fans and they do not give a single amount of idea or description of watching Montoya play consistently, from his time with the B team and his first team and national team contributions. But you are right, the reason being why he is regarded is in fact due to La Masia and the philosophy that they have injected in him which is the future of Spanish Football. Which is why he is likely the main candidate for the Spanish National Team at Right back.