Juan Mata

Severinb

And our match against Liverpool proved that. Willian and Hazard were very good at breaking away from their pressing with quick one touch football and runs, or keeping the ball even against two three players.

Even if Spain doesn't play the same way, he doesn't play for them because he's not very good when tight marked by players.

Not the same philosophies but the need to be quite good when tight marked to keep the ball or move the defenders with you to give space for a runner is the main thing why Mata KDB didn't succeed here.

These two players like having space while we need players that can create the space for themself or others.

Your right.

Mata is too slow for mourinho attackers and that makes him not to be able to escape from pressure.(Even ozil is a lot faster) If a player man marks mata and pressures him, he loses the ball. I saw this A LOT last season. (Yaya toure disturbed him) He can't hold unto the ball like hazard does under pressure. Even silva for mancity is superb at holding unto the ball under pressure.

He also needs hazards and oscars runs then quick passing to get away from his markers. But if hazard doesn't have those runs, it becomes difficult for him to do something on his own.

In total mourinho needs more than just passing but ball retention and speed in transition.

This thread is getting hilarious. You want to hate Mata for joining Man United is one thing but after 2 1/2 years with us, knowing and praising his character and quality as a person off (and on) the pitch, people now actually thinks that letter he wrote was a PR motivated move and not one that is genuine?! :doh:

This.

To say that it was a PR stunt is character assassination. Cant believe people actually daid that and even meant it.

This thread is getting hilarious. You want to hate Mata for joining Man United is one thing but after 2 1/2 years with us, knowing and praising his character and quality as a person off (and on) the pitch, people now actually thinks that letter he wrote was a PR motivated move and not one that is genuine?! :doh:

No one can be sure if it's PR motivated or not. What the letter did is take the steam off his back and make sure that by joining a direct rival the Chelsea supporters won't treat him badly when he comes to the Bridge. Two sides to it. Brilliant PR or a heart felt letter where he poured out his emotions. Different people will pick different sides.

No one can be sure if it's PR motivated or not. What the letter did is take the steam off his back and make sure that by joining a direct rival the Chelsea supporters won't treat him badly when he comes to the Bridge. Two sides to it. Brilliant PR or a heart felt letter where he poured out his emotions. Different people will pick different sides.

People who suddenly thinks that is a PR motivated move only thinks that way because it's a convenient method or reason to hate Mata even more for going to United. Had he gone abroad and still produced the same kind of letter, would people even think the same way? No. Like I said previously, people want to hate Mata is one thing but it's ridiculous that people seem to have allowed that thought to cloud over their perception and objective view on the kind of person Mata is.

Ever since he joined us in 2011, we have seen the kind of person he is through his blog posts, interviews, character and temperament on and off the pitch. We all praised him for being a lovely guy, down to earth gentleman, ambassador of the club and even making comparisons with Zola and now people are gonna turn around and suddenly suggest the letter written is all not genuine or PR motivated?!

The fact that Mata written the letter further highlighted the kind of person he is as he felt the need to explain the situation to the fans from his point of view. It was not even like one of those short, typical and diplomatic 'Thank you' message to the fans/club like you normally see other players do. Let's not also forget that Mata, after agreeing to join us in 2011, went back to Valencia and held a press conference to thank the fans and club for the support. How often do you even players do such things when they move to another club?

About this treating him badly when he gets back to the Bridge, I'm not even sure if it's going to be as bad as you make it out. After all, some seem to have got over it and probably wouldn't even bother much what happens while there are others who supported the idea of selling him to United because of the money offered. Most of the reaction I've seen have been decent and/or sensible ones. It's only this small little group of people who seem to be caught in the world of tribalism, wanting to hate Mata and willing to find any excuses, however small, to lash out of him.

Mata probably knows as well as anyone that the fans will be pissed at him for leaving at United. The letter he wrote was an expression of his feelings on the whole situation, wanting to explain his side of the story and hoping that people will understand it. But if people can't seem to understand it and this whole thing, it can't be helped (which Mata is probably aware of it as well) especially judging by some of the reaction he has got.

How about you stop cursing at everyone who disagrees with you for a change?

Read my post and commit just one minute to reading and trying to understand what I wrote. Did I say what I said because he doesnt agree with me or because I find his reasoning, hatered against Mata and bashing on him absolutley stuipid?

And for the record, I find it so pathetic how people just turn on him because he left Chelsea. Some people really feel they need to start to hate a player because he's no longer a part of us. They cant just think and say "Thanks for your time, Goodluck", but they need to also take it further by:

1) Questioning how vital he was for us

2) Disregarding what he actually accomplished

3) Spin 180'C and claim he wasnt actually "a really good guy"

4) Use arguements like that letter was just a PR thing and that he didnt mean it.

Absolutley retarded and pathetic. THIS is my opinion. Im not calling people retarded because they dont agree, but because they reason as above.

Read my post and commit just one minute to reading and trying to understand what I wrote. Did I say what I said because he doesnt agree with me or because I find his reasoning, hatered against Mata and bashing on him absolutley stuipid?

And for the record, I find it so pathetic how people just turn on him because he left Chelsea. Some people really feel they need to start to hate a player because he's no longer a part of us. They cant just think and say "Thanks for your time, Goodluck", but they need to also take it further by:

4) Use arguements like that letter was just a PR thing and that he didnt mean it.

Absolutley retarded and pathetic. THIS is my opinion. Im not calling people retarded because they dont agree, but because they reason as above.

And you sound like a big crybaby douchebag. Shut up.

I am not debating anything related to Mata. You're randomly cursing and swearing at people who are disagreeing with and you and I'm saying stop it. Too much to ask? If you can't debate respectfully, then don't debate at all.

Thanks.

I am not debating anything related to Mata. You're randomly cursing and swearing at people who are disagreeing with and you and I'm saying stop it. Too much to ask? If you can't debate respectfully, then don't debate at all.

Thanks.

The irony of him talking about disrespecting players is laughable. Was having a go at Torres and his family the other day.

The irony of him talking about disrespecting players is laughable. Was having a go at Torres and his family the other day.

Tell me about it. Regardless what he said was right or wrong I can't believe he has the audacity to stand on the moral high ground in this Mata situation when on the other side he just called Torres a pest or something like that.

This is just a blip for utd. it was always going to be tough replacing fergie. i expect them to return to challenging for major honors within the next 2-3 years. They are simply too big and financially strong not too. Fergie will come out of retirement before they go down the Liverpool/ AC milan road.

Saying that I'm rather enjoying their demise and could care less if they fade into oblivion. They have dominated for too long and it's only fair that they have their share of bitter experience. makes the world go round.

Thanks.

Haha.

Wow, it is quite amazing that you are calling it randomly when I am clearly and in detail explaining my reasoning.

You are either chosing not to read any of it, chosing not to understand or you simply do not understand what I mean. If you are kind enough to tell me which option it is, I might be able to help you understand.

Also, you start this post by saying you dont debate anything related to Mata (in the Mata thread) and yet you want me to debate, which I am doing by the way.

Haha.

Wow, it is quite amazing that you are calling it randomly when I am clearly and in detail explaining my reasoning.

You are either chosing not to read any of it, chosing not to understand or you simply do not understand what I mean. If you are kind enough to tell me which option it is, I might be able to help you understand.

Also, you start this post by saying you dont debate anything related to Mata (in the Mata thread) and yet you want me to debate, which I am doing by the way.

strange you should be posting on this thread when WE are in a game ...GET your priorties sorted out