Juan Mata

Severinb

Dude you are embarrassing yourself - this was a two times player of the year...

Agree with you 100% on current players though :)

yes 2 times player of the year, with the team built around him, while playing for the worst Chelsea squad during the Abramovich era. Nothing speacial really. When he had a better team around, and everything wasnt going through him he got exposed.

Sulked like a baby? He wasn't in the squad for like the first 4 or maybe 5 league games but he stayed worked hard, fought to get into the squad and did. How is that sulking? He probably had chances to leave in the summer after Jose made it clear Oscar was his number 10. Lets be honest who wouldn't of wanted Mata after his last 2 years at Chelsea at that time? Only a handful of clubs wouldn't like Real, Barca and perhaps Bayern due to the players they already had but sure he couldn't wait to jump ship at the first opportunity he had which is why he left in January not in the summer when it was made clear he wasn't first choice after the Hull game and then the signing of Willian to play ON THE RIGHT WHERE MATA WAS TOLD HE WOULD BE PLAYING BY JOSE.

Exposed like a fraud? The lack of respect for a player who was great here is really frightening. Sure he didn't fit under Jose exactly well but still if anyone can't say he carried us for basically 2 years before hand then they need a long look at themselves.

A coward? If your a coward for wanting to move somewhere to play regularly then sure hes a coward, Salah's a coward, Schurrle's a coward, Lukaku's a coward, Ashley Cole's a coward, Lampard's a coward, David Luiz is a coward, Demba Ba is a coward... anyone who has left us to play regularly since 1905 is a coward then going by your logic.

Your memory fails you.

He was injured during the last part of the pre-season and that's why he hasn't played in the first few games - because he was recovering. Hardly something to complain about.

Anyone with the slightest tactical awareness wouldn't want Mata in their team in England (which means a few managers would want him) because he's not suitable for the style of the league and the style most teams adopt. Maybe he'd find a spot at Arsenal, but with the players they have for AM, not likely.

Yes, he was CHELSEA's (not the EPL) player of the year for two years in a row, in a system that protected HIM and exposed the TEAM. Mind you, we finished 3rd - 14 points behind and 6th in those two brilliant years of Mata here because that's what comes with the package. For him to shine, he needs a team built around him. He's slow, small and weak, so the risk of giving him a free role is considerable in any league, but in England suicidal. He doesn't track back - not because he's lazy, but because he doesn't have the tools (physically or technically), he doesn't hold up the ball well - he's very quick in his thinking and he has one of the best visions in the sport currently, but with the ball on his feet, he can't hold up because he's easily dispossessed by a physical opponent and his slowness also expose the zone in the pitch he's carrying the ball. That's the thing, Mata isn't one for carrying the ball, he's one for a pass, for set-pieces and for quick 1-2's. A possession based team doesn't suit him, a counter-attack based team doesn't suit him. Few systems suit him and even less if he's not the main man with tons of freedom and a team built around him.

I'm not saying he's useless, horrible, an atrocity. I'm just saying he doesn't fit modern football much and he's more suitable to leagues/teams that haven't evolved to that yet. as most teams have been evolving to this modern style of attackers defending, defenders attacking, high press at all areas in the pitch, more athletically and physically strong players, pace, stamina and whats not - less and less he'll have a chance to really shine in a big team. all big teams to a lesser or higher degree have been adapting to those things. There are few exceptions, all of which already have better options for their attack than him. It's sad, but imo, not even up to debate that the best years of his career are behind him and he was only able to shine as much as he did here at the cost of exposing our whole midfield. Which showed in our league results while he was here.

Really there is one thing very sad about Mata. We bet very strong for Oscar to the detriment of Mata but Oscar has not responded to the support we have given to him.

To me Oscar has to be sold this summer without any kind of doubt. PSG and Juventus could give 30 million pounds for him and would be a great option for us.

Maybe sound crazy but I think that recover Mata could be a very good operation. He knows US and he had a good Performance with us.

We have demonstrated in the beginning of the season that we can make a spectacular football (but we need more players like Fabregas). Abandonment Mata Chelsea in the first season of the second stage of Mourinho with us, a season where we we had a very physical team with players like David Luiz and Lampard in midfield and without forwards.

Now the situation is different, we have to Matic or Fabregas with Diego Costa with a high level and Hazard has become a vital player for us.

I said that maybe we need to sign Koke (Atletico de Madrid) to help Fabregas is not completely alone in the creation of football and the movement of the ball. And I keep it, but I think if, in addition to signing Koke, also we signed Mata for next season that would contribute so that we can perform very similar to what we have done at the beginning of the football season.

I just read in the reports that we are close to signing Diego Costa for 18 million pounds. Honestly, I'd rather spend those 18 million to recover Mata, a player with a great story with us and along with Fabregas and Koke us we could form a great midfield recovering the pace of the movement of the ball early in the season.

Fabregas - Koke - Mata would be a dream. I think Mata could accept a backup role as first choice to replace Fabregas or Koke in midfield. If we have players like Fabregas - Koke - Mata in our midfield maybe we can get a season with more gasoline in the motor of out creation of football.

Mata could be a good option.

Option 1.

Koke Matic

Fabregas

Option 2.

Fabregas Matic

Mata

Option 3.

Koke Matic

Mata

Option 4.

Koke Matic

Mata Fabregas

He knows the team and has the support of many of us (In addition to having proved to be a great guy). I see no better option to improve our squad and have a player to rotate our players and give rest to Fabregas.

Regards to ALL.