7 managers in 7 years - is it really THAT bad?

Tomo

7 managers in 7years might not look good, but hey, that's the club's business policy apparently....

It certainly looks unethical but it has got us more trophies than Arsenal over the past few years.

On a bright note, we haven't had 7 different "squads" in 7 years (although I think some would like it different),and all the managers who left have got their cash and aren't doing too bad themselves.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care how mucha managers, what I know is that in 7 years Chelsea became a big club in Europe, with fans around the world, and we already have players that say playing here is a dream.

Fuck off who want us to be a MU mk ii with the same manager for 436 years,

I actually agree with you. We hire and fire, and it brings short-term success. Why fix what isn't broken?

Abramovich wants titel, and when not giving he is sacking managers. But lets look into the future and say "if" Boas failure this season should he be sacked then?,

or will we give him a change the other didnt get. My points is what pisses me of is this board member faith in a man who doesnt no shit about football, yeah->

The Roman Empire thing.

I actually agree with you. We hire and fire, and it brings short-term success. Why fix what isn't broken?

Because stability is important. It took Ferguson three years to win a trophy (and that was "just" the FA Cup), but they kept him and were soon repayed with countless domestic and European pieces of silverware. If Roman was in that position as United chairman there and then, Ferguson would have gone - fact (well, not quite a fact, but you know). I'd much rather win the league and/or CL every season, as United tend to, than keep hiring and firing managers for short term success.

Roman has to keep the faith in AVB - look at his age, experience and price tag (not that he particularly cares about losing money/pay offs). Even if he takes his time and only wins, say the Carling or FA Cup, he shouldn't be sacked. He had instant success at Porto, but the Premier League is a different kettle of fish. Roman shouldn't expect us to win the Champions League straight away this year - IMO, that would have only been a possibility under the long-term management of proven people like Carlo, Guus and Jose. I'm not having a dig at Andre, but rather saying we - including Roman - need to stand by him for long, stable success.

Because stability is important. It took Ferguson three years to win a trophy (and that was "just" the FA Cup), but they kept him and were soon repayed with countless domestic and European pieces of silverware. If Roman was in that position as United chairman there and then, Ferguson would have gone - fact (well, not quite a fact, but you know). I'd much rather win the league and/or CL every season, as United tend to, than keep hiring and firing managers for short term success.

Roman has to keep the faith in AVB - look at his age, experience and price tag (not that he particularly cares about losing money/pay offs). Even if he takes his time and only wins, say the Carling or FA Cup, he shouldn't be sacked. He had instant success at Porto, but the Premier League is a different kettle of fish. Roman shouldn't expect us to win the Champions League straight away this year - IMO, that would have only been a possibility under the long-term management of proven people like Carlo, Guus and Jose. I'm not having a dig at Andre, but rather saying we - including Roman - need to stand by him for long, stable success.

I don't think the sole reason for sacking managers was because of his failure to win the champions league, it's just a myth from the anti Chelsea media, yes Roman wants it at the club sooner rather than later who wouldn't but he does not base his decision's solely on that. Grant was toast even if we had won, dropped points and shite tactics put pay to that, the CL final should never have gone to pens, if Avram got his tactics right or less wrong we would have won in normal time, he nearly got away it but either way he was gone.

I don't think Carlo was sacked because of the trophyless season, he was sacked because of the way we went trophyless, although i wanted him to stay the performances last season were indefendable. If Andre gets us playing pulsating football and say gets 85 points but just gets pipped by United or City on 86, has the young players a step up in development and we exit the CL kicking and screaming instead of the laboured way we went out to United can you really see him getting the sack?

First of all, you can't compare Ferguson hiring at Manchester United and what happens to our club since Roman has come.

This is two very different epoch, and our two club weren't in the same situation.

Indeed, Ferguson was hired in 1986, Roman's took over the club in 2003 and his first manager was hired in 2004. That does almost twenty years of difference !! The fooball world has well changed between 1986 and 2004.

Futhermore, the two clubs weren't in the same situation, and didn't have the same aim, I would say. Look where United was when Ferguson was hired ! They hadn't won the championship since 1967, so for 20 long years. They even get relegated during this period. On the other hand, Roman bought Chelsea to win trophies and to have an instant succes.

Therefor, you can't compar the two situations. It would be like comparing a dog and a fish.

By the way, if Red Nose would have been hired in 2005 at United, he wouldn't have lasted three trohyless years... He would have just been sacked.

For your second point, I'm agree with Tomo-91. The fact that Roman fires coach just because they don't win the Champions League is a myth build by jalous and bitter persons.

If you look at it, all managers were sacked because they just have to get the axe ! Maybe bar Mourinho, Roman has always made the right decision concerning the sacking of managers. Scolari and Ancelotti have been offloaded because they weren't good enough and weren't what we needed. As for Grant... Well, he was just there so we could say "we have a manager". Without a manager at all we would have done as good, if not better. About Mourinho, the decision was half stupid and half right. Indeed, it was stupid because he would have won us many trophy. But it was also justifiable because Roman wanted us to play a beatiful football, which Mourinho couldn't give us.

Finally, yes stability is important. But the stability doesn't solely lies in the coach. It also lies in the board. And I think we could say that over the year, we have a good stability lying in the board..

I think we've been lucky in the way that even though we've had so many Managers we've still won silverware.Had it been the case of we sacked Jose for whatever random reason and then since then gone through Manager after Manager after Manager,finished 2nd/3rd but won sod all in that time then it would've been bad..but even though it is a crazy amount...least some of the sacking and hirings have paid off

But its bad now that its the point where we have Bos yet you dont know for how long...can think 'yeh at the end of the season he'll still be here'..because theres no promise of that.The years on his contract mean sod all pretty much

When you think about the success we've had in that time it's really not as bad as it sounds. The only massive mistake was firing Jose, but since then we've won trophies so it's not like the mistake wasn't made up for. We've had a couple of clowns in charge since he went but AVB looks absolute quality and this is the most excited i've been about a new manager since Jose was hired.

When you think about the success we've had in that time it's really not as bad as it sounds. The only massive mistake was firing Jose, but since then we've won trophies so it's not like the mistake wasn't made up for. We've had a couple of clowns in charge since he went but AVB looks absolute quality and this is the most excited i've been about a new manager since Jose was hired.

He does look quality.