Islam Feruz

J.F.

There something going on behind the scenes regarding Feruz which is why he was not involved in yesterday's youth cup game.

@chelseayouth
Loads of people have asked about Feruz. Am sure you can connect the dots. Prefer to focus on the players who got the job done last night.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't involved last night and now cryptic twitter postings? Not encouraging considering he's a real talent.

I'm hoping it was just a disciplinary action to exclude him from the game after he made some "controversial" tweets last week.

And it seems either he closed his twitter account or I can't find it for some reason..

I'm hoping it was just a disciplinary action to exclude him from the game after he made some "controversial" tweets last week.

What types of things did he say? I know he gets a lot of stick from some fans north of the border and he's got a certain attitude.

If it is that then that's good work from the club - always nice to remind kids that they aren't indispensable and need to take responsibility for their actions.

What types of things did he say? I know he gets a lot of stick from some fans north of the border and he's got a certain attitude.

If it is that then that's good work from the club - always nice to remind kids that they aren't indispensable and need to take responsibility for their actions.

No it was more along the lines of a slightly homophobic tweet. Can't remember the exact sentence now though.

No it was more along the lines of a slightly homophobic tweet. Can't remember the exact sentence now though.

Just trawled through Twitter and he apparently said something about interracial couples and Visas. :doh:

Although that's a worrying thing to see, he's young and a little on the thick side. I'm actually encouraged that the club decided to drop him and that he's now off Twitter (thank fuck). It's one thing to get these young kids, and another thing to handle them properly - he's just luck his absence didn't cost us last night.

If he misses the next game then I'll start worrying though.

You're taking Europa League too easy mate , we lost with our best possible XI out there .

And what's with Torres ? He's not our only problem -__-

Butthurt much ?

man if we lose Europa it doesn't matter since it's just a burden to our top 4 and FA Cup ambitions. We should play Feruz since the whole point of Europa is to give the youngsters a chance

Just trawled through Twitter and he apparently said something about interracial couples and Visas. :doh:

Although that's a worrying thing to see, he's young and a little on the thick side. I'm actually encouraged that the club decided to drop him and that he's now off Twitter (thank fuck). It's one thing to get these young kids, and another thing to handle them properly - he's just luck his absence didn't cost us last night.

If he misses the next game then I'll start worrying though.

Yeah there was also a tweet along the lines of "Nigga you're gay" but I can't remember the full context. If those two tweets are the reason then it's good to see the club keeping a close eye on him.

man if we lose Europa it doesn't matter since it's just a burden to our top 4 and FA Cup ambitions. We should play Feruz since the whole point of Europa is to give the youngsters a chance

It's not a burden , It's better to have a shit trophy then to have no trophy at all . We are not Liverpool or Arsenal -__-

Today CFC announced Todd Kane is going on a second loan spell back to Blackburn. I was wondering why Feruz isn't going out on a loan until April like Todd? Does the club value him in the Nextgen Cup more than him getting valuable minutes in the Championship? There are club in need of someone like him to get into promotion. Boro are one example who are struggling to get goals and with Josh already there it would be a good setup for Feruz.

We rarely ever let a 1st year scholar go out on loan. If anything it will be next season. When he reaches 18 next year he might do. Look at Lewis Baker, same age group as Chalobah and is performing very well but for some reason has not moved out loan yet. We must think it benefits them to get training with the facilities at the club before considering sending them out on loan.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL HE (eventually) GETS LOANED OUT!!!! Please be a Championship team when it happens though so I can actually watch him on TV/streams once in a while. I feel so sorry for the fans of ours who haven't seen much of him. If you watch him in a game, he looks like an arrogant & cocky cunt, but deservedly so. He's soooo good :wank2: (Bias aside :D )

Think he's too young to be loaned out. Unless we can trust the manager and the coaches of the team he's going to it's very risky. Sure he's good but being so young and still developing you don't want to throw him in an uncomfortable environment considering he's had some attitude problems. Keep him where he respects the people around him so he stays grounded.

I have a hard time seeing Feruz ever playing for the first team. He has performed well for the youth team/reserves, and obviously has talent, but in my eyes he doesn't fit our team and formation. What position would he play? He is too short (163 cm) to play as lone striker, and he doesn't seem to have the creativity and passing ability to play on the wing. Am I off base here? Can you guys see us using such a small lone striker? In our system, I don't think the lead striker necessarily has to be a pure target man, but he does have to be able challenge for headers, and hold up the ball for the AM's. I suppose in the future we could change to a two striker formation, but with Hazard, Mata, KDS and Oscar, I don't see that happening.

Feruz may have to either adapt his movement to be a false no.9 almost, so the team can play around him using possession, and using link-up play which would suit him. At a push he could maybe also be a winger. He has good dribbling and very good acceleration. But really, he's a goalscorer, I think if he was out-wide he'd be more frustrating/inconsistent.

Fair enough he is strong for his size but if he was our striker we'd almost have to exclusively play on the ground, which I want us to do but we always get into a habit of launching the ball sometimes.

Really I'd like to see a loan next season, even just a short one month one to start with, just to see how he does at least.