Islam Feruz

J.F.

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

Jesus. You really do hate Hazard don't you. I hope he recovers next season (at us) and comes back and makes you eat your words for all the tripe you right about him.

Question is, is he coming back at Chelsea or elsewhere?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/6/9/11890432/islam-feruz-what-now

:lol: There must be a set limit to how much poor life choices you make for yourself.

It even made the BBC news ffs :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36478346

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Feruz added: “I’m not going into every detail, but if I could turn the clock back I would definitely have stayed at Celtic for longer. 

“Listen, I had my head turned at 15 years of age. I didn’t realise there was money involved in football. I just played football for the love of the game. 

“There is no doubting my ability as a footballer. I’m only 21. What I have to do is show everyone I have matured. 

“There are many things in my life I’d do differently. Yes, I’ve done things I’m not proud of. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2016 at 7:36 PM, the wes said:

I never rated Feruz he's simply not good enough I would let him leave the club for free we need to start getting rid off the deadwood at the club 

Sounds like hes a right handful too by what Ive read about the kid. Id stick his arse in jail a couple of weeks to wake him up.

Footballer Islam Feruz fined for driving while banned

The Somalian-born Scotland under-21 international was caught in an £80,000 Porsche.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1381898-footballer-islam-feruz-fined-after-driving-while-banned/

On 11/10/2016 at 7:36 PM, the wes said:

I never rated Feruz he's simply not good enough I would let him leave the club for free we need to start getting rid off the deadwood at the club 

Yeah hope we make it a summer clearout of deadwood ,Feruz,Van.Ginkel,Remy,Atsu,Omeruo,Piazon, to name but afew 

On 11/10/2016 at 0:24 PM, ja1 said:

Feruz added: “I’m not going into every detail, but if I could turn the clock back I would definitely have stayed at Celtic for longer. 

“Listen, I had my head turned at 15 years of age. I didn’t realise there was money involved in football. I just played football for the love of the game. 

“There is no doubting my ability as a footballer. I’m only 21. What I have to do is show everyone I have matured. 

“There are many things in my life I’d do differently. Yes, I’ve done things I’m not proud of. 

Easy for Islam to say but the truth is that his talent is very limited. That's not his fault, the blame lies with whoever made the decision to recruit him.

Chelsea's level is way beyond Izzy, and Celtic's is beyond him too. If his attitude were better he might be able to play above his talent but, when last I saw him play regularly, it was poor. Unless he really has changed, this suggests he'll be doomed to a celling which is even lower than his ability might otherwise earn him.

As for the likelihood that he has changed, overcoming one's nature is very hard to do. Anyone who has ever taken a personality test knows that they always include an IQ element. That's because the brighter a person is, the easier he or she will find it to take control of their natural inclinations. Izzy does not strike me as a very bright bloke however so I have my doubts about his claims of self-improvement.

• 1 year later...

Just popped to my head... what the hell is going on with him? He is still under contract at us but does not play for any of our teams. Is not out on loan and on a good wage too from when he signed that deal with us. Anyone??...

4 hours ago, Stats said:

Just popped to my head... what the hell is going on with him? He is still under contract at us but does not play for any of our teams. Is not out on loan and on a good wage too from when he signed that deal with us. Anyone??...

It’s a bit of a mystery isn’t it..I assume he’s still on a contract when he probably signed an extension 2-3 years ago and he / the club can’t be bothered to force getting out of it? It is still strange he’s not on loan anywhere though/no information about him, no social media, no training photos

On 10/11/2018 at 8:08 PM, ja1 said:

It’s a bit of a mystery isn’t it..I assume he’s still on a contract when he probably signed an extension 2-3 years ago and he / the club can’t be bothered to force getting out of it? It is still strange he’s not on loan anywhere though/no information about him, no social media, no training photos

According to transfermarkt his contract ends in 2019

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Feruz%2C+Islam

Did a bit of searching just out of interest and found this article made in summer by a Celtic fans’ site. Not really related to where on earth Feruz is now/what he’s doing but just thought it interesting to find an article that quite succinctly puts Celtic fans’ perspectives on Feruz’s career choice. It is also probably easier to cover in hindsight - at the time in 2011, 2012, 2013 most Celtic fans were quite emotionally charged and so most comments on social media were just derogative insults, was hard to get a grasp on their frustration at the time.

• 2 months later...