Is Benayoun the answer?

Our interest in Modric shows we are definately after a creative attacking midfielder. Yossi will be the backup to that player but certainly is not and never was the player to take us up a level with our attacking play and creativity...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

in our squad is a 30 year old

He's 31 years old, 32 in May.

EskWeston has more or less hit the nail on the head here. Benayoun was never THAT player described in the thread title. He's a squad player, who looks better than he actually is, in a squad lacking any real competition in that position. This concept of 'give him the chance, and he'll become a first team player' is madness. When you considering his age and what he can offer an elite European club in the grand scheme of things.

Cool ! I see that I'm not alone thinking that Benayoun could be our answer. Il found that his performance at Fratton Park was Modrik-like, he has the same mobility technique than the croatian, and the killer passes...

Signing Modric would be good, I wouldn't be angry of course if we sign him but Spurs dont wan't to discuss, we already have a great player who didn't had the opportunity to shine last season. I liked the work of Ancelotti but it was ashaming that he didn't play him at MU at the end of the season... He could have been the key...

Benayoun has several advantages: he is experimented, polyvalent and has always been underrated during his career (maybe because of his nationality or his look... ?). Especially he is well established in English Football contrary as would been Javier Pastore by example... Modric is the risk to bring a player who is very exposed in the game, so he would be oftely bad tackled as he was the recent years. Benayoun is cunning (is this a good term in that context ? ^^) and he hasn't the antecedents of Modric, he is less exposed in the game I think...

Benayoun has always well performed in average teams (Wet Sham, the last year à Loserpool) and he made the same choice as Torres, to join a team with a lot of individualities where they would'nt be the 3 or 4 good players trying to carry their team at the top. In a team like Chelsea he could be great. I personally think that his best years can be in front of him and not specially behind him